Russian Invasion of Ukraine Megathread

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

How well is the war this going for Russia?

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Blyatskrieg

Votes: 212 10.1%
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐ I ain't afraid of no Ghost of Kiev

Votes: 252 12.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐ Competent attack with some upsets

Votes: 736 35.1%
  • ⭐⭐ Stalemate

Votes: 569 27.2%
  • ⭐ Ukraine takes back Crimea 2022

Votes: 326 15.6%

• Total voters

Su-27 Flanker-B

R-27 inbound
kiwifarms.net
Re the prospect of serious counteroffensive

As long as ukrainians keep behaving like they do strategically, it is not going to happen. They cannot hope to achieve breakthrough just by throwing troops at russians. You need supply stockpiles, weapons, mechanized assets, artillery and air support. In order to actually breach the frontline you would need a lot more than what russians have in that location and in close proximity, and then some more to reinforce against a counter-counter attack. Ukrainians are cheastbeating about a new counter every week, but they die out after a kilometer, when their troops find out what air and artillery supremacy means.
Frankly, if ukrainians just keeps sending whatever they get from the west straight to the frontlines, they arent going to achieve shit, because the moment they attempt to break through russian defensive lines, they will throw artillery and air force at them - both of which are ukrainians lacking the most right now.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Prolego

kiwifarms.net
Three months ago, British military figures were talking off the record about how they weren't afraid of Russia anymore. Yesterday, the Chief of the Defence Staff reckoned that it would take several years to build back stocks of weapons after giving them all to Ukraine.

Restocking weapons UK has given to Ukraine to resist Putin's invasion will take 'several years', warns head of the armed forces​

• Admiral Sir Tony Radakin has been giving evidence to House of Lords members
  • Chief of Defence Staff said could be 'years' to restock weapons given to Ukraine
  • Pointed to lack of industrial capacity in Britain and high international demand

Published: 16:45, 22 June 2022 | Updated: 19:42, 22 June 2022

Restocking the weapons the UK has given to Ukraine will take 'several years', the head of the armed forces warned today.
Admiral Sir Tony Radakin said the lack of industrial capacity in Britain meant that topping up supplies - such as N-Laws and Brimstone missiles - would not happen quickly.
Giving evidence to peers, the Chief of the Defence Staff also raised concerns it could take 'five to 10 years' before the UK could deploy a division with the capabilities to fight alongside US forces.
The UK has provided a wide range of weapons to Ukraine since the Russian invasion in February, including anti-tank rocket launchers, armoured vehicles and anti-aircraft systems.
Boris Johnson has been praised as one of Kyiv's staunchest supporters by Volodymyr Zelensky, with reports of troops shouting 'God Save the Queen' as they target Putin's forces.
However, replacing those weapons has become a concern for some in Parliament.
Admiral Sir Tony Radakin said the lack of industrial capacity in Britain meant that topping up supplies - such as N-Laws and Brimstone missiles - would not happen quickly

Admiral Sir Tony Radakin said the lack of industrial capacity in Britain meant that topping up supplies - such as N-Laws and Brimstone missiles - would not happen quickly
Ukraine shows off devastating British-made Brimstone missiles in action against Russia

Ukraine shows off devastating British-made Brimstone missiles in action against Russia

On June 16, the former head of the Royal Navy Lord West described the UK's weapons stockpiles as 'insufficient' and called for the country to start producing weapons 'almost on a 24/7 basis'.

Admiral Radakin acknowledged that the 'rate of expenditure' of weapons in Ukraine and the 'industrial capacity to backfill' had already become 'a significant issue'.

Increased demand for weapons, both in the UK and Europe, along with Britain's decline in industrial capacity over recent decades and current supply chain problems have added to those issues.

Admiral Radakin said the Government needed to work with defence suppliers, and had already invited 12 leading companies to Downing Street for talks.

But he added: 'We are then talking in years, because you cannot whistle up with modern weapons a quick production line.

'Yes, you can churn out shells and artillery, but even at the not super-sophisticated end, even at the modest end of an NLAW (anti-tank) weapon, then that's going to take several years to get back to our original stocks.'

Asked by former Liberal Democrat leader Lord Campbell whether the UK could deploy a full division, Admiral Radakin said it was possible but the armed forces were 'regrowing' its ability to return to 'a much more orthodox divisional strength' including longer-range weapons and modern vehicles.

He said: 'We can put out a division, but the division that we want to put out is a much better one in sort of five to 10 years' time, with the capabilities that America would want fighting alongside America.'

UVB-76

The Landlord of Kiev
kiwifarms.net
Canada is a joke country
Completely irrelevant. The point is that the F-35 is a controversial pick, and Trudeau promised to reverse it. Joke country, serious country, weapons procurement involves political bullshit. India isn't controlled by some hivemind, objective AI.
Don't know why you brought up Stugna-Ps; I don't think there's much evidence that T-90s are significantly more vulnerable to low-end AT weaponry than NATO tanks. The main threat has been Javelins.
I brought up Stugna-Ps as an example of a missile that at this point has hundreds of videos confirming kills, while with the Javelin we have maybe a dozen. Ukraine uses Stugna-P to blast hundreds of armored vehicles, normies see the videos labelled as "Javelin vs Russian tank". Even if it was a BMP-1.
China claims to have a Javelin copy, so let's pretend we're India and are concerned that it actually works and can be made by the thousand. Currently, India has around 2000 T-90s and is producing their own variant. Not only is the Abrams extremely expensive, there's no way America will let India build its own. Is there any evidence that an Abrams is particularly good at stopping a top-down missile attack to justify the cost? How does it compare to adding an active defense system to the T-90?
I'm not saying the Abrams is the right pick for India, I'm saying that weapons procurement is influenced by politics and politics often isn't about what things are, but what they seem.
You can have a million dorky analysts to run the numbers and agree that India needs to purchase another 200 T-90s because reasons, some dude in a suit is going to say "My 200 cousins keep sending me videos of these T-90s blowing the fuck up, I'm not signing off on this".
And again, the argument presented was that Western tanks are vulnerable to the Kornet missile because the Trophy system can't handle a double-tap. But Western tanks hit by Kornets while not wearing a Trophy have survived Kornet hits. How survivable are Western tanks against a Javelin equivalent? Hell if I know, I wouldn't want to be inside one. But the argument was that "Jav bad because cheap missile just fires twice". Okay. It's not top attack. Western tanks have survived hits to the front/sides. And like the article hinted at, the Trophy system could be further upgraded to handle the decoys.
Here's my educated guess: India's already seeking an APS to add to its T-90s. Watching what's happening in Ukraine is going to increase the urgency of developing an APS system to handle ATGMs.
That's correct. I just think the logic of "Trophy can't handle these weapons yet" argument presented by the article is flawed.
Three months ago, British military figures were talking off the record about how they weren't afraid of Russia anymore. Yesterday, the Chief of the Defence Staff reckoned that it would take several years to build back stocks of weapons after giving them all to Ukraine.

Okay but would Russia be able to mount an offensive against Britain even if the Ukraine war ended right now?

The Ugly One

kiwifarms.net
Completely irrelevant. The point is that the F-35 is a controversial pick, and Trudeau promised to reverse it. Joke country, serious country, weapons procurement involves political bullshit. India isn't controlled by some hivemind, objective AI.

You claimed India would be making significant decisions on industrial policy, military strategy, and multi-billion-dollar weapons procurement based on a social media video where a Stugna-P gets mistaken for a Javelin, literally quadrupling its spending on tanks with no evidence that the vastly more expensive tank is in any way worth it, because that's probably what Justin Trudeau would do. That's the tier of reasoning you're on.

I'm not saying the Abrams is the right pick for India, I'm saying that weapons procurement is influenced by politics and politics often isn't about what things are, but what they seem.
You can have a million dorky analysts to run the numbers and agree that India needs to purchase another 200 T-90s because reasons, some dude in a suit is going to say "My 200 cousins keep sending me videos of these T-90s blowing the fuck up, I'm not signing off on this".

India makes its own T-90s. :story:

Did you think India would participate in America's embargo of Russia? I got that one right.

My next prediction is that India isn't going to tear down its tank factory at Chennai, where it builds around 100 T-90s every year for about $2m each, and replace its output with imported Abrams tanks for $9m+.

And again, the argument presented was that Western tanks are vulnerable to the Kornet missile because the Trophy system can't handle a double-tap.
You do realize anyone can scroll up and see this isn't at all what I said, right? No point in arguing if this is what you do.

Last edited:

Titos

Wow, really? Cool,
kiwifarms.net

A_Callow_Youth

Moonposting Martyr
kiwifarms.net
Oh, boy, that's a Bong.

bong oclock.jpg

So, as of the videos @kuuu posted, we have confirmation of 16 POWs taken in the area. That could be an indicator of hundreds more, literally everyone they got out of it, or anything in between. Those of you that keep a close eye on Russian channels, please keep us posted. FIRMS remains quiet, last hits in the pocket area were at 0800 Kiev time on the 22nd, so once again signs indicate that we're either dealing with immediate collapse or a less-than-perfect retreat under fire.

borsabil

kiwifarms.net
Re the prospect of serious counteroffensive

As long as ukrainians keep behaving like they do strategically, it is not going to happen. They cannot hope to achieve breakthrough just by throwing troops at russians. You need supply stockpiles, weapons, mechanized assets, artillery and air support. In order to actually breach the frontline you would need a lot more than what russians have in that location and in close proximity, and then some more to reinforce against a counter-counter attack. Ukrainians are cheastbeating about a new counter every week, but they die out after a kilometer, when their troops find out what air and artillery supremacy means.
Frankly, if ukrainians just keeps sending whatever they get from the west straight to the frontlines, they arent going to achieve shit, because the moment they attempt to break through russian defensive lines, they will throw artillery and air force at them - both of which are ukrainians lacking the most right now.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
They should have tactically retreated and set up new defensive lines to avoid encirclement. Take an L now to fight another day. Instead they've thrown everything into the Donbas when they knew they'd already lost. You can tell that the Ukie politicians are making tactical military decisions. Either that or the US state department. It's insanity.

Oh, boy, that's a Bong.

View attachment 3417419

So, as of the videos @kuuu posted, we have confirmation of 16 POWs taken in the area. That could be an indicator of hundreds more, literally everyone they got out of it, or anything in between. Those of you that keep a close eye on Russian channels, please keep us posted. FIRMS remains quiet, last hits in the pocket area were at 0800 Kiev time on the 22nd, so once again signs indicate that we're either dealing with immediate collapse or a less-than-perfect retreat under fire.

It's looked 'stable' for the past few weeks in the same way a snow bank does before an avalanche starts. Nothing happens then everything does and all at once.

Carla Cogs

HIV addicted AIDS hooker
kiwifarms.net
khokhols are nazis.
In that case we should donate them a complete carrier.

Usual fear mongering he just want's that Pajeets produce arms 24h from now on

" and called for the country to start producing weapons 'almost on a 24/7 basis'."

Ofc. it will take years to reproduce them at the rate current rate of a normal civilian economy. NLAWs and Stingers won't be missed that much which why Ukraine only get's them and the Soviet leftovers from the former Eastern bloc states. Stuff like the pzh 2000 will only arrive in symoblic numbers at the frontline since they would be actually missed and they take some years to rebuild even with a increased industry capacity.

Based Boy

kiwifarms.net
Last somewhat credible claim i saw was something like this(Translated from Russian):
Diplomat of LNR to Russian Federation said, that as a result of a blockade of towns Gorskoe and Zolotoe, encircled fighters of AFU "give signals about their readiness to surrender. "
Earlier this morning, General Headquarters of AFU confirmed the lose of Ray-Aleksandrovka and completion of encirclement in area of Gorsk-Zolotoe.
Source.
Claims of how many people actually got encircled ranges from 1500 to 2500.
There are some wild claims that 800 people are already dead or wounded inside of the pocket.
Or that Zlotoe is already under Russian control and they are already clearing it out of any possible leftover resistance. Those photos are supposedly prove that.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Think of it what you will.

Video of Ukrainian soldiers being nearly hit by some kind of explosive ammunition.

Russia doing Lords work.
LordsWork.jpg

Something got bombed in Kharkov.

Captured Stugna (supposedly). Somewhere around Kharkov.
Captured1.jpg
Captured2.jpg
Captured3.jpg

Showcase of what kind of explosions bombing from KA-52 produces.

Globohomo

kiwifarms.net

Ponzo

kiwifarms.net
I live in Austria and news here just reported that the EU majority is in favor of Ukraine and Moldova becoming candidate countries

Ukraine, the poorest country in Europe
Moldova, the second poorest country in Europe

What the fuck do they have in the Ukraine that they can grab everyone by the balls? Why is that shithole country so important except for people using ukrainian women as surrogate baby factories.

Globohomo

kiwifarms.net
I live in Austria and news here just reported that the EU majority is in favor of Ukraine and Moldova becoming candidate countries

Ukraine, the poorest country in Europe
Moldova, the second poorest country in Europe

What the fuck do they have in the Ukraine that they can grab everyone by the balls? Why is that shithole country so important except for people using ukrainian women as surrogate baby factories.
Gas and wheat