RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
This chapter can be summed up as "That escalated quickly."

You wanna know how bad the pacing of the book is? Look at the TL;DR and then realize that the chapter is quite short. Ten pages long in large font and a lot of short paragraphs.

We return to Shade's Meeting Grounds, the highest point of Shade Academy where the assemblies happen. Damn, that's gotta be annoying, imagine how long you have to spend in the elevator, or god forbid, walk up the stairs to get to every fucking assembly. Shade is suppose to be pretty damn big. Yatsuhashi is out perspective character this chapter and he likes it, it reminds him of his mother's 'healing gardens' that he'd meditate in. Currently, his arm is still in pain from his failed attempt to bust down the mother of all doors in the previous chapter and apparently that chase lasted so long that it was time for a morning meeting by the time they got back.

Yatsu wonders if this meeting is about them getting in trouble, but Velvet just makes a quick joke about how not everything is about them. The author clearly disagrees, Velvet. Also, they complain about not being this tired since the fall of Beacon, which just seems weird to me. I get it, they didn't get any sleep, but they all they did the other night was walk over to Fox's location. They didn't get to find any Grimm, they said themselves they were pretty close to where Fox was, and then they left after failing a strength check on a door. No wonder Shade students think you guys are lazy.

Coco comes over, having heard Velvet's joke, and seems even mroe tired then them. Again, how? Yatsu is unable to heal himself with his aura because him and the rest of the team were operating on such low reserves of aura and no rest to regenerate. Strange how no one else in the series ever seemed to need much rest to keep their aura up. And, of course, we can't go a few minutes without SSSN bashing as Yatsu reminds himself to talk about easing up on her team (even though Coco hasn't done anything?) because if this was hard on team CFVY, then team SSSN must be terrible! Because they suck. I just need to make sure that you know that SSSN suck. Fuck them.

Theodire walks in and I immediately like the guy, dude dresses and acts like he's a fucking WWE wrestler raring to break students over his knee. We immediately go into a flashback of Team CFVY getting into Shade and giving Theo their letters of recommendation from Glynda. Theo says he already knows who they are and accepts them in, he apparently already researched all the notable students at other academies (well, he made Rumpole research them for him), leading to him expressing that he thought their performance in the Tournament was far more disappointing than it should have been.

I'm going to remember this quote if it turns out that yet another character she has a huge lady boner for turns out to be a bad guy. Good judgment, my ass.

Coco questions about them being welcomed into the academy so easily, with Velvet expressing that 'they failed' to protect Beacon; to which Theo assures them that they did not. They fought, they stayed and went far beyond what anyone would expect of a student. He has a dramatic 'Will you fight for Shade?' scene with everyone saying 'yes'. Well, except Coco,she needs it to be dramatic, so she says 'No' and follows it up with 'I'LL FIGHT EVEN HARDER!'.

This would be fine and all, but I want to remind you that this flashback is shorter than my descriptions of it. The writing is really rushed and brief at times, making these dramatic moments lack any sort of staying power. The flashback ends with Theodore telling them that if they ever doubt that they belong here, they can challenge him to a fight. Again, I like Theo.

Yatsu thinks to himself how Theo seems to be very much the opposite of Ozpin. Where Ozpin was calm and reserved and would see the best in you before even meeting you, Theo see's that you have potential, but tells you that you have to earn it and prove yourself to him. As he thinks this, Theo is fist bumping students and challenging them to brawls int eh middle fo the meeting. He gets a challenger, but the fight is quickly interrupted by Rumpole because 'This isn't why we're here'. You'd think the Headmaster would know the subject of the meeting.

Apparently Shade Academy has been receiving repo- Complaints from authorities about Students operating in the city at night and interfering with Huntsmen business. Yatsu assumes that said authorities had been infiltrated by the Crown as team CFVY obviously saved an innocent man from being kidnapped.

Theo announces that, in order to maintain a good relationship between Police and Huntsman, a new rule will be in place forbidding students from leaving School grounds after sundown unless approved by Rumpole. He also makes a jab at other academies for not having their student's safety as their top priority while mentioning that he knows about the reports of missing people. Huntsman are working on it and will seek student help if needed, but until then, stay out of it.

This all leads into Rumpole announcing Shade Academy's Re-initiation Ceremony. Yeah, that's right, to deal with Beacon and Haven students coming to Shade with many team members missing, Theo has decided that everyone, all shade students included, are gonna go through evaluations to reshuffle their teams around. Yes, they really think it's a good idea to start splitting up and mixing around teams who have been with each other for years. No mention of how this will probably lead to many teammates hating each other, lopsided teams, make the mental state of the already damaged teenagers even worse, ect. This idea is terrible. "New teams will be formed without regard for what year you are, or where you came from. Vacuo, Vale, or Mistral—it doesn’t matter anymore.”

And so everyone, with no warning or any time to prepare, are pushed into air busses and tasked with finding a gold figurine and bringing it back to the school. Team CFVY try to stay together, but are immediately split up by the crowd. Yatsu is in full on panic mode as Velvet is pulled away from him and he's loaded onto another bus. Why does it feel like we suddenly landed in a hunger games-esc book?

The chapter ends with Yatsu looking back on towards the roof, Theodore treating this all like it's a game while Rumpole has an unsettling grin on her face.

TL;DR
Shade holds its morning assemblies on the highest point of the academy, which considering how tall the academy is supposed to be must be a bitch to climb up to in the morning.

Team CFVY are absolutely exhausted after all that jack shit they did in the previous chapter. Fox was literally the only one who exerted himself in anyway, but apparently that's enough for them to be as tired as they were after defending Beacon.

Team SSSN sucks. They're probably even MORE tired after not doing anything.

Coco's judgment is never wrong.

Headmaster Theodore is basically a WWE wrestler who seems to see most students as his bros that he wants an excuse to fight.

We have a flashback of CFVY getting accepted into Shade.

Theodore already had Rumpole research promising Beacon students and thus doesn't need Glynda's letter of recommendation to accept them.

He see's any student who stayed to defend Beacon as a good huntsman.

"Will you fight for Shade?" "No, I'LL FIGHT EVEN HARDER!"

He says that if anyone doubts their place at Shade, they're all free to challenge him to a fight to prove themselves.

In the meeting, the police apparently reported 'some students' were interfering with official Huntsman business.

New rule: To preserve the relationship between police and Huntsman, no students are allowed off campus after sundown without permission from Rumpole.

Biggest thing this chapter: Re-initiation. Regardless of year, team members, school or origin; every student in Shade is undergoing a new evaluation to reshuffle their teams. Effective immediately, it seems, as team CFVY are all separated on to different airbuses to undergo initiation.
I'm sounding spergy below, but I had to double take these bullshitteries

What even is happening anymore. I literally don't rememeber the lore anymore, let alone the plot. I know this is my fault more than the story, but still, something feels off.

Coco thing is just making me sad for even liking the character before. Should I stop liking Neon Katt too? You know, just to save myself from dissappointment.

Also, looks like Theodore is a Pseudo-Goku type, except from DBS (aka the worst version).

Also, that new rule turns from a school to a hostel, real hostels have many ways to bypass their laws, Idk what'll be done here tho.

Also, wtf is a Rumpole?

Also, About the last one, holy fuck, they're not even trying to be obvious are they.
Not much plot has happened really. They want to find the Crown. They follow random thugs to a hide out. Now, we're here.

Only if Neon Katt becomes a protag in the future. It seems that no one in the RWBY team can stop themselves from sucking off the protagonist, making them look like self-righteous jackasses.

I will die on the hill of liking DBS Anime Goku (Manga version, on the other hand...)

Midget Tanned Glynda, basically.
Would it be possible for me to get a refund on this "book"? Even though I never even bought it and that I'm in a different country?

All while Clearly-Not-The-Bad-Guy Rumpole gives a totally-not-villainous 'unsettling grin'.
Can somebody just...recommend me some better fanfiction? 🤦‍♂️

Somebody was paid to write this. With actual money.

Honest to God, motherfucking money.

I wouldn't normally care about rat shit like this, but just reading the TL;DR posts compelled me as something of a connoisseur of good books to pronounce that I even read trashy tween novels with a more engaging plot. In the middle of a flood (long story).

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
I'd rate Ghost lower than that. And to think that the writer for it is going to do Saber.
The same writer also did Agito.

Kamen Rider nowadays is more like an over glorified toy commercial for the belts/equipment, as opposed to the old days where there was actual blood and grit. The belts were sleeker and more streamlined, the suits didn't excess on kibble.

How anyone can reasonably move in the current lineup of those designs is beyond me. Especially for Reiwa.

If you were to make a comparison, the easiest suit to make any decent movement in is the Faiz Suit.

Last edited:

linchan

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Kamen Rider, has the show ever reference other Tokusatsu? I would have given the show credit for doing extra credit with their anime homework if they bothered to put the energy to watch obscure sources. The influences that they listed feels really generic.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Kamen Rider, has the show ever reference other Tokusatsu? I would have given the show credit for doing extra credit with their anime homework if they bothered to put the energy to watch obscure sources. The influences that they listed feels really generic.
Dude, have you ever seen their superhero time crossovers?

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
Also is there a Kamen Rider thread here? Think there should be one?
Just searched. Nothing that's gained any traction. Go make one and see if you can do make some noise in the multimedia section of this website.

Kamen Rider nowadays is more like an over glorified toy commercial for the belts/equipment, as opposed to the old days where there was actual blood and grit. The belts were sleeker and more streamlined, the suits didn't excess on kibble.
Either way, the action is better than RWBY from what I've seen of it (the first episode of One and a handful of Fourze)
Not that I'm aware of. Honestly, all I could find regarding "anime homework" is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/8qhzzs/the_anime_homework_list/

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
Though I made it halfway through the video by Bomber (Probably will continue another day), gotta say his point on Jaune just only raises more questions than it answers.

If they wanted to keep the reveal of him faking his transcripts, that's fine and dandy but if he comes from a bloodline that were warriors who fought their fair share of battle then why is he a dumbass? Like I could understand him not knowing shit about Aura and Semblances if he explicitly came from a civilian background, but Jaune says the men in his family were fighters.

So did he not bother at least doing some basic bitch learning to at least SELL the idea that he passed before joining Beacon?

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Either way, the action is better than RWBY from what I've seen of it (the first episode of One and a handful of Fourze)
Sure, many of the wild acrobatics and fancy shmancy moves can't be recreated in live action, but a real fight is an all out brawl where life and death determines the winner and loser. An urgency that's at least choreographed into the scenes. A little CGI doesn't hurt, either. Lol

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Though I made it halfway through the video by Bomber (Probably will continue another day), gotta say his point on Jaune just only raises more questions than it answers.

If they wanted to keep the reveal of him taking his transcripts, that's fine and dandy but if he comes from a bloodline that were warriors who fought their fair share of battle then why is he a dumbass? Like I could understand him not knowing shit about Aura and Semblances if he explicitly came from a civilian background, but Jaune says the men in his family were fighters.

So did he not bother at least doing some basic bitch learning to at least SELL the idea that he passed before joining Beacon?
That's quite possibly one of the biggest plot holes in the series. One of the stupidest attempts at the audience surrogate trope there is. Unless his entire family were clueless and only learned of concepts that should be a commonality fairly recently, or, they really were living in one of the most isolated backwater rural settlements there were.

It doesn't help that events like the Vytal Festival are broadcasted worldwide. Any reasonable person would catch on even if they were at a reasonably young age. Concepts like aura and semblance? It'll be like not knowing how to kick a soccer ball.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Would it be possible for me to get a refund on this "book"? Even though I never even bought it and that I'm in a different country?

Can somebody just...recommend me some better fanfiction? 🤦‍♂️

Somebody was paid to write this. With actual money.

Honest to God, motherfucking money.

I wouldn't normally care about rat shit like this, but just reading the TL;DR posts compelled me as something of a connoisseur of good books to pronounce that I even read trashy tween novels with a more engaging plot. In the middle of a flood (long story).
Y'all paid for this shit? I thought y'all just pirated it or read it somewhere.

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net
And to think people consider Faiz to be one of the weaker seasons
Gonna derail the thread for a bit but having rewatched a lot of Kamen Rider lately I can say that Faiz is honestly really interesting and entertaining. Most of the hate from what I recall goes to the Inoue misunderstandings which do get really tiresome but if you enjoy watching a bunch of assholes being assholes to each other on what's essentially a light cyberpunk setting it's pretty okay. Takumi is a very unique and fun breed of main character for Kamen Rider standards and he hasn't really been repeated as a lead ever since which adds to the enjoyment. It's not the best season but it's a bettter season than say Den-O, Decade or Wizard. Definitely better than Ghost. In hindsight it falls into the good but not as good as the really good standout seasons category.

To make this slightly more on-topic Faiz kind of compares to RWBY thematically when it comes to the fantasy race racism but only on a really shallow level. Faiz has the Orphenoch being straightforward villains for the most part.

Last edited:

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
That's quite possibly one of the biggest plot holes in the series. One of the stupidest attempts at the audience surrogate trope there is. Unless his entire family were clueless and only learned of concepts that should be a commonality fairly recently, or, they really were living in one of the most isolated backwater rural settlements there were.

It doesn't help that events like the Vytal Festival are broadcasted worldwide. Any reasonable person would catch on even if they were at a reasonably young age. Concepts like aura and semblance? It'll be like not knowing how to kick a soccer ball.
To add on even further of this idiocy, the Festival takes place every TWO YEARS meaning that Jaune has no excuse of whatsoever to be a dumbass that knows not a damn thing about the power system in Remnant, unless he literally decided to become a Huntsman by the age of fourteen.

It's like they wanted to make Jaune be something akin to Sakura Haruno from the start of Naruto, but even then she was smarter and informed of the power system used by everyone in that series for a girl who strictly comes from civilians that only joined the life as a shinobi just because her friends were doing it.

Imagine being so retarded, that a twelve year old girl literally shows to be informed on the power system from her world and you don't even know what yours is....

Also going a bit off-topic from Jaune being dumb, but if his manuscripts were faked who the hell did it so well enough that Ozpin and Glynda (Even though she found it suspicious) didn't choose to investigate? Like wouldn't it make sense to try and get into contact with whatever pre-Huntsman school he (Allegedly) attended?

Jfc, it's no wonder this show went to shit.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
To add on even further of this idiocy, the Festival takes place every TWO YEARS meaning that Jaune has no excuse of whatsoever to be a dumbass that knows not a damn thing about the power system in Remnant, unless he literally decided to become a Huntsman by the age of fourteen.

It's like they wanted to make Jaune be something akin to Sakura Haruno from the start of Naruto, but even then she was smarter and informed of the power system used by everyone in that series for a girl who strictly comes from civilians that only joined the life as a shinobi just because her friends were doing it.

Imagine being so retarded, that a twelve year old girl literally shows to be informed on the power system from her world and you don't even know what yours is....

Also going a bit off-topic from Jaune being dumb, but if his manuscripts were faked who the hell did it so well enough that Ozpin and Glynda (Even though she found it suspicious) didn't choose to investigate? Like wouldn't it make sense to try and get into contact with whatever pre-Huntsman school he (Allegedly) attended?

Jfc, it's no wonder this show went to shit.
Remember now, it is STILL Miles' OC. The OC, filled with plot holes, cucked from the best heroine girl of the season (Pyrrha), by the 4th best girl of the season (Cinder, who comes after Coco, Neon Catt & Neopolitan) & is a damn retard to the T.

M&K don't know how to make a chad due to being Soyboys themselves. And if they accidentally do make one (Qrow, Ironwood, Sun, Adam (at the beginning at least), & Papa Schnee (in his own way) they make them pathetic on purpose with things like

> Qrow's new shitty VA & drunk depression

> Iron man bad for actually trying to do good for the people & being honest to his team

> Adam going from a intresting & awesome chad to a fucking incel cause writers hate him & the actors & fandom is filled with Yuri-fags.

> Papa Schnee suddenly becoming Trump so Miles could be a politisperg to it's fullest with his Hillary-insert & write about his TDS in a totally different story.

> Sun, who's supposed to fuck Blake (or as I always call her, "Bland") is like some snack-tray holder at best. Eventhough he's a victim of Blake hitting him like a retard all the time & right now, the same issue as Ironwood in the novel above.

Hell, fucking Neptune was a bit of a chad in his own right, until he was literally deleted from the story.

Even Coco, the Stacy (female chad) of RWBY, is turned into a Becky (female virgin) due to a dollar store J.K. Rowling, trying to turn her into Korra

Last edited:

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Remember now, it is STILL Miles' OC. The OC, filled with plot holes, cucked from the best heroine girl of the season (Pyrrha), by the 3rd best girl of the season (Cinder, who comes after Coco & Neon Catt) & is a damn retard to the T.

M&K don't know how to make a chad due to being a Soyboys themselves. And if they accidentally do make one (Qrow, Ironwood, Sun, Adam (at the beginning at least), & Papa Schnee (in his own way) they make them pathetic on purpose with things like

> Qrow's new shitty VA & drunk depression

> Iron man bad for actually trying to do good for the people & being honest to his team

> Adam going from a intresting & awesome chad to a fucking incel cause writers hate him & the actors & fandom is filled with Yuri-fags.

> Papa Schnee suddenly becoming Trump so Miles could be a politisperg to it's fullest with his Hillary-insert & write about his TDS in a totally different story.

> Sun, who's supposed to fuck Blake (or as I always call her, "Bland") is like some snack-tray holder at best. Eventhough he's a victim of Blake hitting him like a retard all the time & right now, the same issue as Ironwood in the novel above.

Even Coco, the Stacy (female chad) of RWBY, is turned into a Becky (female virgin) due to a dollar store J.K. Rowling, trying to turn her into Korra
Are there any male characters that haven’t been fully ruined yet?

Dang Woodchucks!

Bravery is not a function of firepower.
kiwifarms.net
Did someone say Kamen Rider?
View attachment 1481606
Also, I haven't seen Kamen Rider since 10-11 years so I don't understand shit about the meme I posted.
It's still on point, don't worry.
The same writer also did Agito.

How anyone can reasonably move in the current lineup of those designs is beyond me. Especially for Reiwa.

If you were to make a comparison, the easiest suit to make any decent movement in is the Faiz Suit.
I mean, most toku series are, though it's gotten really dumb in some seasons. I wish they made more experimental "Seinen" KR like the Amazonz series (which i still haven't gotten into season 2, i should fix that.)
Just searched. Nothing that's gained any traction. Go make one and see if you can do make some noise in the multimedia section of this website.

Not that I'm aware of. Honestly, all I could find regarding "anime homework" is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/8qhzzs/the_anime_homework_list/
I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that even if Toku isn't your thing, go watch Kamen Rider Gaim. I suggest you go in blind and don't look anything up. Yes the gimmick suits are fruit samurai. And the first like, two or three episodes are kinda slow, but trust me, it is worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: Effluvium
Tags
None