RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
You better not jinx it. Linkara criticizes bad comics while he tried to make his own webcomic.

It sucked ass.
Linkara thinks he's everything and the bee's knees while thinking he has utmost authority on giving say on who gets what, from what to write to who gets have a sex life as a male feminazi and seeks to get money off of it.

I'm just a nobody on a forum who goes apeshit and MATI for my own leisure. As much as I look and spew viritrol on RWBY, it only brings disappointment out in me because anime is literally my life.

If this doesn't work out, at least I'll have a lolcow thread here one day, maybe. Watch the fuck out Webby's Boyfriend, I just might be the next autism sensation. You are what you eat after all.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
The commentary just shows how disconnected the writers are with their own writing. So many statements that make no sense: "We made sure that this fight where Team RWBY only take one or two hits to very little effect wasn't a stomp.", "We wanted the Ace-Ops siding with Ironwood hit hard, so... We add like one scene of them fighting together", "Clover was too reliant on his semblance this whole time and the Ace-Ops can't fight well without that cheat code", ect.

Robyn wasn't supposed to enter the plot until the Rally episode, which just makes no sense to me. And Clover not telling Robyn top secret information is supposed to illustrate that he's too blindly loyal to authority.

They considered having Penny struggle with being a copy of Penny 1.0, but decided they needed to make room for all the other pointless plotline that go nowhere this volume.

They also didn't have time to actually explain what the fuck was going on with Ren.

They barely comment on Ironwood's 'fall' despite the fact that that is the situation that should require the most explanation by the writers. They just call him a villain.

Fiona's pocket dimension semblance was originally going to be Torchwicks.

Adam's scar is explained! He got into an argument with a fellow SDC worker and they picked up the brand amidst the scuffle. Why did they introduce that fucking scar again!?

Apparently Qrow disliked Clover at first even though we never saw this.

"Many things that seem like retcons are actually not, and instead is just Kerry and Miles learning how to tell a story while simultaneously telling a story. So things were not always explained well early on." Quote of the fucking century. It's not a retcon, we're just shit storytellers!

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
The commentary just shows how disconnected the writers are with their own writing. So many statements that make no sense: "We made sure that this fight where Team RWBY only take one or two hits to very little effect wasn't a stomp.", "We wanted the Ace-Ops siding with Ironwood hit hard, so... We add like one scene of them fighting together", "Clover was too reliant on his semblance this whole time and the Ace-Ops can't fight well without that cheat code", ect.

Robyn wasn't supposed to enter the plot until the Rally episode, which just makes no sense to me. And Clover not telling Robyn top secret information is supposed to illustrate that he's too blindly loyal to authority.

They considered having Penny struggle with being a copy of Penny 1.0, but decided they needed to make room for all the other pointless plotline that go nowhere this volume.

They also didn't have time to actually explain what the fuck was going on with Ren.

They barely comment on Ironwood's 'fall' despite the fact that that is the situation that should require the most explanation by the writers. They just call him a villain.

Adam's scar is explained! He got into an argument with a fellow SDC worker and they picked up the brand amidst the scuffle. Why did they introduce that fucking scar again!?

"Many things that seem like retcons are actually not, and instead is just Kerry and Miles learning how to tell a story while simultaneously telling a story. So things were not always explained well early on." Quote of the fucking century. It's not a retcon, we're just shit storytellers!
Calling this bad writing would be an understatement.

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net

"Too blindly loyal to authority"

I'm not an expert on military shit, but I would like to think that this is less of blind loyalty and just fucking COMMON SENSE to not reveal top secret information to a civilian that isn't involved with their operations, along with the fact that Salem's people could be hiding in plain sight and for all Ironwood / the Ass-Ops knew it was a potential possibility of Robyn being an agent.

Keep in mind that this is before she essentially becomes a terrorist after losing the election.

The idea that Clover should've been flapping his lips to tell this cunt about shit she doesn't have ANY right to know of their project is retarded, because doing something that fucking stupid would get you shit-canned effective immediately and possibly in hot water for selling out such a thing.

Good Lord, these chucklefucks are braindead.

Effluvium

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net

Calling this bad writing would be an understatement.

"Too blindly loyal to authority"

I'm not an expert on military shit, but I would like to think that this is less of blind loyalty and just fucking COMMON SENSE to not reveal top secret information to a civilian that isn't involved with their operations, along with the fact that Salem's people could be hiding in plain sight and for all Ironwood / the Ass-Ops knew it was a potential possibility of Robyn being an agent.

Keep in mind that this is before she essentially becomes a terrorist after losing the election.

The idea that Clover should've been flapping his lips to tell this cunt about shit she doesn't have ANY right to know of their project is retarded, because doing something that fucking stupid would get you shit-canned effective immediately and possibly in hot water for selling out such a thing.

Good Lord, these chucklefucks are braindead.

Reminder as well that Clover's not telling Robyn these secrets during a scene where she's staging a hold up and two of her team are about to try and sneak behind Ruby, Qrow and Clover and mug them.

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net

The idea of Jacques denying Penny food comes off as comedy gold, opposed to painting him as a major league asshole.

Him giving Penny any form of food is pointless because she's a fucking robot that (Far as we know) doesn't gain any benefits of what humans get from eating and I would think that something like that would gum up her systems, or perhaps her innards are easily openable and she can toss it out.

CRWBY really want to sell how much of a douche and super Trump analogue Jacques Schnee is after this, but fail to understand that him giving a technological appliance food would be similar to young children feeding their toys stuff like candy or spaghetti.

Fucking idiots lmao.

Not sure if this is a winning one. 72CF1EEF-A1A1-49D0-8D8D-F3CA8BAF0A98.png

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
So, a couple of kids who collectively have one scientist on their side plan to, in a matter of days during a Grim Invasion, make Amity arena fully functional and restore communications even though Ironwood using all of Atlas's resources was still far away from finishing the project?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Effluvium

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
This is the forever question for those who want to remake RWBY...and a potential reboot.

The problem was never the school setting, but rather the lack of substance. Compare Soul Eater, where the students were sent on missions that were actually interesting, but RWBY season 1 and 2 is one big blur until season 3 when it actually gets good with a tournament arc.

The problem was never the school setting, but rather the lack of substance. Compare Soul Eater, where the students were sent on missions that were actually interesting, but RWBY season 1 and 2 is one big blur until season 3 when it actually gets good with a tournament arc.
From what I've heard, the tournament arc itself isn't that great.

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
RWBY Volume 3 was when the show started being shit rather than just cute animu snackfood. The tournament is but an example of this since it did every mistake bad shonenshit does (introduces a truckload of characters yet little few of them have any longterm relevance, the tournament has no wider importance in the setting).

Also, the tournament falls apart even further when you recall a terrorist major leader's daughter was in it. She didn't hide her surname.

Robert James

Spooky months over time for turkey.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, a couple of kids who collectively have one scientist on their side plan to, in a matter of days during a Grim Invasion, make Amity arena fully functional and restore communications even though Ironwood using all of Atlas's resources was still far away from finishing the project?

Yes but remember they also have a Hilary stand in with a trany gaurd and a lesbian couple on their side so they can easily pull it off. Then again if the writers were competent they'd have the Genie tell them what they need to do to get it up and running. Sure it's a dues ex but at least it's something we know about and works within the universes laws.