RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
RWBY Volume 3 was when the show started being shit rather than just cute animu snackfood. The tournament is but an example of this since it did every mistake bad shonenshit does (introduces a truckload of characters yet little few of them have any longterm relevance, the tournament has no wider importance in the setting).

Also, the tournament falls apart even further when you recall a terrorist major leader's daughter was in it. She didn't hide her surname.
We could talk about the failures with the Faunus racism and terrorism all day. It's best to just ignore it. After all, the writers are ignoring it right now.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
RWBY Volume 3 was when the show started being shit rather than just cute animu snackfood. The tournament is but an example of this since it did every mistake bad shonenshit does (introduces a truckload of characters yet little few of them have any longterm relevance, the tournament has no wider importance in the setting).

Also, the tournament falls apart even further when you recall a terrorist major leader's daughter was in it. She didn't hide her surname.
The worst aspect of their 'tournament' is that no one really had any motivation attached to competing.

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
Some have said the Vytal Festival only happened because Monty just wanted his show to have a tournament arc. Really hitting those cliches.
I can believe it.
I'm still weirded out that they totally failed to do anything with the three Vytal Festival Finalists after they showed up.
Potential wasted.jpg
They don't even show up for the group fight scene in the V3 finale, what was even the point of them?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
"Since we're going through a sex scandal right now, here's a nice distraction that we cooked up with slightly more effort now. Enjoy!"
If they really wanted to do a distraction, they'd actually release the season itself early. There has to be at least a few episodes fully finished by now, and they don't do the Netflix thing of dumping them all in one day. So what's stopping them?

LordBaron

kiwifarms.net
"Since we're going through a sex scandal right now, here's a nice distraction that we cooked up with slightly more effort now. Enjoy!"
It's not very effective if it is because it's shit we already saw.

At least with May being revealed to be trans on Twitter, it was new information.

• Late
Reactions: Effluvium

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
They said at RTX that they had about four or five episodes fully done for the record.
For real? That's not even half the series. Hell, this isn't even "COVID got to us" or "Animation takes a long time." This is literal incompetence. Especially when there's shows out there that often have more than half of their episodes done before airing while others were just finishing up or were already completed.

This is literal mismanagement and laziness all at once.

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
For real? That's not even half the series. Hell, this isn't even "COVID got to us" or "Animation takes a long time." This is literal incompetence. Especially when there's shows out there that often have more than half of their episodes done before airing while others were just finishing up or were already completed.

This is literal mismanagement and laziness all at once.

Don't they usually do RWBY by the seat of their pants? Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't they worked on episodes while the seasons are still airing before?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Don't they usually do RWBY by the seat of their pants? Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't they worked on episodes while the seasons are still airing before?
Normally, but I still at least would have expected them to have a small stockpile built up regardless. The way they do things over at RT is irresponsible at the best of times.

Wingnut

It's Turkey Time
kiwifarms.net
Normally, but I still at least would have expected them to have a small stockpile built up regardless. The way they do things over at RT is irresponsible at the best of times.

RT kept all the shitty aspects of being a just for fun company between friends and purged all the good ones, then merged them with all the shitty aspects of being a professional company.