RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
May coming out felt shoehorned and forced which made me think on why the LGBT rep in RWBY was just so bad: While the audience would react to the "reveal" and consider all this as "natural" because they don't outright state they were Gay or Trans.... none of the characters in the show acknowledged these reveals as if a natural part of the character... and most likely the characters aren't allowed to. Blake never reacted or shown a response to Ilia's creepy confession to her, Weiss never reacted to May wanting to DITCH ATLAS AND THE MANTLE REFUGEES TO DIE because of her own past... In a way it just felt like nothing came of their reveal and more of sloppy isolated incidents of saying "I'm gay" and no one is allowed to react on it.

Only good thing about that Mobile Game was the art and some of the alt designs. The Pay to Win was horrible from what I had heard.
About the only one that you can claim comes close to "natural" is the Yang x Blake thing, and even then I'm convinced it's less about LGBT-pandering and more something they want to do because "Fans want it/It's Miles and/or Kerry's fetish".

Effluvium

Pirate sites are your friend.
They've been calling him sexist, homophobic, and the like ever since he's done RWBY videos for the longest.

This is just another notch in his belt, that won't faze him.
Unless they're willing to try and cancel a Muslim, they're gonna be in for a wild ride. Chaos. Beautiful infighting and chaos. :story:

Horribadger

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

firestoopscience

General Who Stabilizes the East
Funnily enough, Vex is having a better time with May, and it's not for the reasons you may think. lol

Sweet mother of God. :story:
Knowing RT... I imagine May will just follow and comply with them staying in the Manor and possibly help them fight off Penny. Knowing that her big character "moment" is over, she'll just be in the sidelines until Ruby decides to move. Plus, the plot of Penny crashing in front of the manor means that RT decided their next plot point FOR them.

Also Ren also once talked sense earlier, but look at him now trying to tell them how the Ace Ops are feeling with plot Convenient Semblance Evolution~

Last edited:
80334557-1C03-4580-85C6-1416DCDE5FAE.jpeg

Denial is one hell of a drug.

This is the actual quote btw

As for the counter, the context of this quote is of the vast Marvel universe, where character power scaling isn't really that big of a factor, since it limits the kind of stories that can be told over decades.

Also, Marvel (or even DC) has power scaling to actually work with, RWBY is a linear show, & more importantly, it's such an inconsistent show that it doesn't have one

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
This is the actual quote btw

As for the counter, the context of this quote is of the vast Marvel universe, where character power scaling isn't really that big of a factor, since it limits the kind of stories that can be told over decades.

Also, Marvel (or even DC) has power scaling to actually work with, RWBY is a linear show, & more importantly, it's such an inconsistent show that it doesn't have one
Even in this context I think this is a pretty stupid thing to say. Just because you have a vast universe of characters doesn't mean power CONSISTENCY isn't still important. Tension is just as important in comics and this lack of consistency is one of the many reasons that the vast majority of comics are awful. Yes, even before the current PC era (though they are all now bad, rather than just most).

Stan Lee is a good businessmen who struck the goldmine of comics during its golden era, he is not really a competent writer and any advice he shells out on artistic quality should be thrown out the fucking window. This is just an appeal to authority fallacy though (from a dead man no less), so no real surprise this tweet is just more seething cope with no actual evidence to support the products quality.