RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
It's really sad that a world with this kind of potential in design and lore, is in the hands of such offensively unimaginative people.

The worst fanfics for this show are LEAGUES better then anything canon and there's plenty of good ones.

This is the actual quote btw

As for the counter, the context of this quote is of the vast Marvel universe, where character power scaling isn't really that big of a factor, since it limits the kind of stories that can be told over decades.

Also, Marvel (or even DC) has power scaling to actually work with, RWBY is a linear show, & more importantly, it's such an inconsistent show that it doesn't have one

Yeah power levels can provide a general picture of who wins and loses, but what happens to the most powerful guy in the universe when he' s shot in the back of the head a couple times? There is such a thing as fighting dirty, tactics and strategy. Its the reason batman can go toe to toe with a dudes with superpowers.

Last edited:
I am going to assume they are talking about the "detractors". However, it wasn't the detractors who made the story into a grounded, slow and boring as fuck political drama, it was the writers.

I mean, it's not really wrong. Going with the original rule of cool idea instead of pretentiously trying to make it into something bigger than it should be could've made it more bearable than it is right now.

i dont get these people. why do they willingly bend over and let RT fuck them up the bumhole? who do they feel the need to dismiss valid criticisms of their beloved web animation like a Karen would yell at a child burning up in a hot car?

"Oh sweaty, silly sweet summer child uwu, RWBY is written to be FUN! and you just want the show to be boring." yeah bro to hell with irrelevant shit like good writing, new ideas, actual characters, pacing, coherency, intrigue, a protagonist that doesn't sound like a pelican choking on Harvey Weinstein's cock.

all we really have to look forward to is when RT inevitably shoehorns that bumblebee ship in as a last ditch effort to appease the ravenous fandom. the resulting fanbase wars and fallout are gonna be so good :story:

We got a lot of stuff in this thing. How do people want to tackle this?

It's a lot of words, but it's actually jack shit in terms of content. Yet again, the defence of RWBY is describing what's in it and saying that's good writing instead of actually explaining why said person thinks it's good writing. "Weiss is abused and hated Ruby at first, but now treats her like an equal and rebelled against her abuser." Congratulations, you said that a character had a journey. Yeah, you didn't describe what made the journey good or how it was conveyed in an interesting manner, but that doesn't matter. Saying "A story happened" is really all the defence you need.

It reminds me of Hardcore DBZ fans who try to explain why Vegeta's redemption arc is so amazing, but only really say "Well, at one point he was a bad guy and then at another point he became a good guy. Best redemption arc ever."

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
i dont get these people. why do they willingly bend over and let RT fuck them up the bumhole? who do they feel the need to dismiss valid criticisms of their beloved web animation like a Karen would yell at a child burning up in a hot car?

"Oh sweaty, silly sweet summer child uwu, RWBY is written to be FUN! and you just want the show to be boring." yeah bro to hell with irrelevant shit like good writing, new ideas, actual characters, pacing, coherency, intrigue, a protagonist that doesn't sound like a pelican choking on Harvey Weinstein's cock.

all we really have to look forward to is when RT inevitably shoehorns that bumblebee ship in as a last ditch effort to appease the ravenous fandom. the resulting fanbase wars and fallout are gonna be so good :story:
How the fuck was last season fun!? It was all political bullshit, and Im a political science sperg and I found it dull at best, annoying about how they got politics wrong at worst. If I was bored with it, how the fuck are Normies suppose to enjoy the politics stuff?

The writers fell in to the same trap Lucas did "people surely will be interested in the politics of this world!"

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
How the fuck was last season fun!? It was all political bullshit, and Im a political science sperg and I found it dull at best, annoying about how they got politics wrong at worst. If I was bored with it, how the fuck are Normies suppose to enjoy the politics stuff?

The writers fell in to the same trap Lucas did "people surely will be interested in the politics of this world!"
It was "good" because it was a literal Trump election allegory that didn't have Trump win.

Then there's this post as well:

Anyone remember that time they tried to give Ruby the flaw that she can't fight hand to hand and dropped that completely when Ozpin gave her the TM that taught her headbutt?

A flaw that was completely pointless because everyone has weapons and who the fuck would fight a giant shadow demon without some form of a weapon?
Two years old, so may be outdated, but someone on Discord brought this to my attention.
Seems pretty fitting.

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
Probably the highest quality game coming from RWBY brand is the chink mobile gacha that was shut down first before the Arena one, aka the one that wasn't included in the video because it was chink exclusive.

It kinda sucks because I did see the designs for it. FAR superior to the actual show.
1610469112622.png

1610469132693.png

1610469246015.png

I really hope they reboot the franchise and pass it off to someone competent. It's not gonna happen, but a man can dream.