RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Roland Daggett

President of Daggett Industries
kiwifarms.net
What's even funnier is watching RVB and seeing shit like Donut and the politically incorrect humor in the show.

Makes me laugh at Miles acting like a good SJW on Twitter now. Assuming RT doesn't go tits up in 5 years it'll be fun to see these speds drop SJWism when it goes out of fashion just like they dropped politically incorrect atheism.
That's something that baffles me. Roosterteeth literally built their entire brand on crude and offensive comedy. RvB was chock full of offensive language, gay jokes, and all sorts of other crazy stuff. I know a LOT of the people who founded RT lived and breathed offensive comedy. But then they decided to get woke and changed and now they act like good NPCs. I remember they were involved in that stupidity trying to call Kingdom Come Deliverance racist for not having black people in the game. Like all SJWs they're fake as hell and I'd love to see their own SJW buddies destroy them over their history of inappropriate humor (and Miles being creepy about Ruby).

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's something that baffles me. Roosterteeth literally built their entire brand on crude and offensive comedy. RvB was chock full of offensive language, gay jokes, and all sorts of other crazy stuff. I know a LOT of the people who founded RT lived and breathed offensive comedy.
The name of their company is based off of "cock bite," for crying out loud.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I discovered RWBY when the first two Seasons were put onto Netflix. Really liked the show, to my girlfriend's bewilderment as I openly hate weebs and women.

Unfortunately the show has been on a steady decline since Oum died. While I don't 100% believe Shane, and think his "wife" is complete nutter, I do think they've changed his vision. A project like this is going to have to change, even well thought outlines will have major revisions as you actually flesh out events. But I think they have given in to the shippers with Bumblebee, and majorly pumped the brakes on the storyline to maximize years on their cash cow. They'll inevitably have to speed up and rush to the finish after it starts failing.

I am apathetic of the upcoming season. If I hear bad things I might just drop the show entirely. The screw job on Vic was kinda cherry on top of the mess that the last season was. I think the origin of Oz and Salem from last season was the last bit of truly Monty's vision, and things are gonna get worst from here.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net
I didn't really care for it when I first heard about it, and I honestly thought it ended after season 5. Even then, though, I thought it was an exercise in wasted potential.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately the show has been on a steady decline since Oum died. While I don't 100% believe Shane, and think his "wife" is complete nutter, I do think they've changed his vision. A project like this is going to have to change, even well thought outlines will have major revisions as you actually flesh out events. But I think they have given in to the shippers with Bumblebee, and majorly pumped the brakes on the storyline to maximize years on their cash cow. They'll inevitably have to speed up and rush to the finish after it starts failing.
Sheena has a thread on The Farms:

littlearmalite

-SPEND THESE THIRTY HOURS GETTING FREAKAAAY
kiwifarms.net
I didn't really care for it when I first heard about it, and I honestly thought it ended after season 5. Even then, though, I thought it was an exercise in wasted potential.
Story of the entire show.

The show was never really going to hit its stride without Monty. Monty was a great animator and a visionary, but he was a shit storyteller. Miles and Kerry are marginally better at it. The three of them, together, might have been able to make something great, but when Monty died, I argue that the show as fans knew it died with him. At this point, I personally watch just to see how it ends, so I can immediately disregard it and pretend I never watched it in the first place.

AKA what happened with me and Battlestar Galactica.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Ooooohh I've been looking forward to this thread for quite a while. So whaddya want to talk about? The downward spiral of the show? Miles and Kerry's incompetence as writers and their response to criticism? the overprotective fandom? the shipping part of said fandom? Fatmanfalling and his blood feud with Mauler? Rooster Teeth's fall from grace? Their is so much ground to cover

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
so I can immediately disregard it and pretend I never watched it in the first place
I've been watching every episode on release since the very first season, and I already pretend I've never watched it. It's very much a guilty pleasure that I can't even say I derive pleasure from at this point. I'm not sure anymore if I like it ironically, or unironically, or if I just don't like it.

The most I can really say is that Weiss is objectively the best girl, and a great waifu.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
Ooooohh I've been looking forward to this thread for quite a while. So whaddya want to talk about? The downward spiral of the show? Miles and Kerry's incompetence as writers and their response to criticism? the overprotective fandom? the shipping part of said fandom? Fatmanfalling and his blood feud Mauler? Rooster Teeth's fall from grace? Their is so much ground to cover
Whatever you want that wouldn't fit in the general WW thread. It's still small here.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
From the two episodes I saw though, that's about all it has going for it. The story is boring as hell, and the art looks like a really low budget jrpg. Looks like that part of it improved by season two, but I just couldn't keep interested in it.
I'd argue that as soon as they switched over to Maya, the story went to shit. That isn't to say the animation itself got much better, sure it doesn't look like a crappy MMD/DAZ YouTube animation, but it just comes off now as an Anime-styled low budget ImageMovers film (remember them?) with how floaty the animation is 80% of the time.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
Now don’t quote me on this, but I do believe that the story for Volume 7 might end up better, at least it won’t be so much the same since I heard that they brought a new writer on board after the layoffs. Now I haven’t seen much of the show around half of Volume 5 (but I do hear and read about what happened and am constantly thinking of ways that it could be written better with, of course, my own brand of side characters) and I heard that the fight choreography has gradually gotten better. Again, don@5 quote me on this when Volume 7 is worse and has more forced (gay) shipping scenes to appease the fanbase.

littlearmalite

-SPEND THESE THIRTY HOURS GETTING FREAKAAAY
kiwifarms.net
I've been watching every episode on release since the very first season, and I already pretend I've never watched it. It's very much a guilty pleasure that I can't even say I derive pleasure from at this point. I'm not sure anymore if I like it ironically, or unironically, or if I just don't like it.

The most I can really say is that Weiss is objectively the best girl, and a great waifu.
Best girl died in Volume 3, and I scream.

Anyhow, yeah, I don't get how anyone over the age of twelve can unironically enjoy RWBY anymore. It's just... it's a trainwreck, and it makes me sad that it's a trainwreck, because I so desperately want it to be good. But I know it won't be.

Tags
None