RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Fluflu

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
The best way you could rewrite it is having something like the Beast of Darkness from Berserk where Hazel is consumed by his hatred of Ozpin and his system, and his system and his desire for revenge, which includes Salem acting on, feeding, and egging on that resentment, if not Grimmifying him in exchange for loyalty and means. And going all in on Ozpin’s less savory parts. But that requires writing Ozpin from the start as more than some able bodied anime Professor X.
You know what would have made a frighteningly good twist?

Hazel and his sister Gretchen were ALWAYS Salem's spies. They infiltrated his inner circle and academy respectively under orders from her. Then, Gretchen starts to have second thoughts after Ozpin must have given her hope, or some other feel good bullshit; which facilitated part of what I'm about to further elaborate, and Hazel - who was efficiently loyal to Salem - kills her during the initiation where he was waiting in the Emerald Forest. He does so, but it shortly starts to sink in that he just killed his sister, becomes so traumatized, mortified and horrified by what he did, he warps his mind into blaming Ozpin and Salem plays along to better manipulate him.

THERE! WAS THAT SO FREAKING HARD?!

Hazel and his sister Gretchen were ALWAYS Salem's spies. They infiltrated his inner circle and academy respectively under orders from her. Then, Gretchen starts to have second thoughts after Ozpin must have given her hope, or some other feel good bullshit; which facilitated part of what I'm about to further elaborate, and Hazel - who was efficiently loyal to Salem - kills her during the initiation where he was waiting in the Emerald Forest. He does so, but it shortly starts to sink in that he just killed his sister, becomes so traumatized, mortified and horrified by what he did, he warps his mind into blaming Ozpin and Salem plays along to better manipulate him.

It works, but Hazel’s deal is also hatred of Ozpin’s system where he treats people like tools/pawns in a game of chess, only really cares for those who can benefit him, and manipulating people to make choices that help him and his causes. The problem is that Hazel seems to have genuinely cared about his sister, so the thing about this is that if you can show the caring relationship and push that instead of have it be a case of “eliminating compromised agent before things go to the dogs”, then you could have something IMO.

BaiQilin

哈。。。琉璃百合的味道,驰昊啊。
kiwifarms.net
Seriously; it makes me wonder how teams at this academy ever function when everyone's too busy trying to maul each other's privates. Team STRQ fell apart due to a love triangle between TaiYang, Summer, and Raven. Team JNPR has Pyrah thirsting after Jaune, and Nora thirsting after Ren. Now Team RWBY's getting it's own lesbian couple as well. Can't say too much about Team CFVY but it wouldn't surprise me if Coco and Velvet are hooking up on the regular. Maybe putting four teenagers together in a co-ed dorm for four years wasn't the best idea? Or is this what Ozpin wanted all along?
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was on Ozpin. Man looks like damn Epstein with that hair and glasses combo. It's also on CRWBY for trying to appeal to all of the young horny teens and adults looking for a character to relate to. "Oh, Yang is banging Blake?! I WISH I COULD TOO LOL XD! We stan a queen~!"

Speaking of Ozpin, anybody else worried about CRWBY trying to make Oscar and Ruby a thing? I mean, if it weren't obvious enough, Oscar and Ozpin are merging very soon (possibly this Volume). If Oscar begins to date Ruby, regardless of it's before or after the "merge", it's going to be controversial as fuck. Is Ozpin gonna be dating Ruby or some shit? CRWBY, please don't do that.

By the way, what the fuck did I just read here? Whoever wrote this "Rosegarden" nonsense should consider turning off their Internet indefinitely. archive
1614144946043.png

This person has made I would assume HUNDREDS of other posts about this ship but I refuse to scroll through the rest of their blog.

Speaking of Ozpin, anybody else worried about CRWBY trying to make Oscar and Ruby a thing? I mean, if it weren't obvious enough, Oscar and Ozpin are merging very soon (possibly this Volume). If Oscar begins to date Ruby, regardless of it's before or after the "merge", it's going to be controversial as fuck. Is Ozpin gonna be dating Ruby or some shit? CRWBY, please don't do that.
My thinking is that we're going to see it where Ozpin finally rests at the end so Oscar and Ruby can be together as an actual couple without a voice in Oscar's head, or Oscar fully becomes a husk of a host as the relationship begins going somewhere, making Ruby realize that Oscar has been treated as a host and Ozpin has a history of treating people like nothing but tools, including her mother who died as nothing more than a pawn in his game of chess against Salem, something that was brought up in V5. Or they do the anime thing where the split of Ozpin and Oscar results in Oscar's death.

BaiQilin

哈。。。琉璃百合的味道,驰昊啊。
kiwifarms.net
My thinking is that we're going to see it where Ozpin finally rests at the end so Oscar and Ruby can be together as an actual couple without a voice in Oscar's head, or Oscar fully becomes a husk of a host as the relationship begins going somewhere, making Ruby realize that Oscar has been treated as a host and Ozpin has a history of treating people like nothing but tools, including her mother who died as nothing more than a pawn in his game of chess against Salem, something that was brought up in V5. Or they do the anime thing where the split of Ozpin and Oscar results in Oscar's death.
Nice thinking. I honestly wouldn't care all too much if Ozpin and/or Oscar died.
Ozpin is anime Dumbledore but deus ex machina and stupid to the max.
Oscar is unnecessary and never should've come to be.
How do people like them again?

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net

Not really. He still has no motivation for following Salem in the first place in your little fanfiction.

Maybe they could have done something with the Grimification like "Oh he's actually dumb because I tested my mind control on him like Cinder got the grimm body parts as part of the talking grimm experiment. Or this is my magic twisting his mind since I haven't really done anything with that." but that is basically writing away the fact that they didn't think his motivation through at all lol

Not really. He still has no motivation for following Salem in the first place in your little fanfiction.

Maybe they could have done something with the Grimification like "Oh he's actually dumb because I tested my mind control on him like Cinder got the grimm body parts as part of the talking grimm experiment. Or this is my magic twisting his mind since I haven't really done anything with that." but that is basically writing away the fact that they didn't think his motivation through at all lol
My only thing I had was, "Hazel mad at Ozpin's system and how he callously throws away lives, including that of his sister. Salem gives him the means to exact revenge".

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
I look at RWBY discussions after only being familiar with the first volume and something occurs to me: was Monty one of those guys who creates new characters (designs) which then have to be written into the show?

I look at RWBY discussions after only being familiar with the first volume and something occurs to me: was Monty one of those guys who creates new characters (designs) which then have to be written into the show?
Yeah, pretty much. Monty's thing was he had his characters and ideas and fights he wanted in the show, and it was Miles and Kerry's job to bridge the fights and develop the ideas and characters into a coherent story. Monty always said he was never a good writer.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
The GoFundMe has been cancelled because RT allegely can't actually take the money.

EvGzCKHXMAE3jQ_

tldr, either AT&T stepped in and went "You morons, do you realize how bad we look if fans have to pay for your living conditions" or their RT insider was gonna steal the money and got caught.
This was an obvious outcome, and having the person running the campaign say "well, we asked the reddit mods and they said sure" is embarrassingly naive. Maybe next time, don't be a retarded fan thinking you can just raise money for a real company, let the company do it for themselves.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net

Fluflu

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
The GoFundMe has been cancelled because RT allegely can't actually take the money.

EvGzCKHXMAE3jQ_

tldr, either AT&T stepped in and went "You morons, do you realize how bad we look if fans have to pay for your living conditions" or their RT insider was gonna steal the money and got caught.
Honestly? This was going to happen sooner or later. Anyone who wasn't retarded enough or a bleeding heart managed to keep their money for another day.

I did say days ago that it was gonna blow up in their faces because I more or less knew what would happen.

This is why charities or donations are largely untrustworthy since you're effectively giving your money to strangers without anything in return. I have experience of raising funds for scams like this. Trust me, unless they are genuinely trustworthy under threat of law; and even then, you're better off working at a soup kitchen.

IamSpechal

kiwifarms.net
Maybe, but when it comes to Rosterteeth and anime I fall more in the normie side (I only watched RvB in the mid to late 00s, I am not super in to anime even if I have an anime character as my avatar).
When I first watched RWBY last year I heard of it in passing (some former coworkers from years ago kept trying to get me to watch it, I never did), and I knew the creator was dead but other wise went in blind. Season 1 was...odd...2 and 3 were fun and had something to them even if not perfect (basically you could see the passion behind it, and its something that draws people even if its something bad). The others were bearable more or less, what got me to stop was last season's election plot, admitly I want to actually see where RWBY goes at this point but some of the election stuff just broke me, but its kind of more so because they were failing horrible at a subject I have a background in (political systems).

I do honestly think Monty's death did take away a lot from RWBY (I didn't know when he died related to RWBY when I did my first viewing), when him gone it slowly got worse and worse in some way that is hard for me to quantify outside of "Cool fights got less and less" and "RoosterTeeth made the same mistake Lucas did in thinking people cared a lot for the actual politics of their universe". In some ways to me yes you can tell at somepoint and somehow the passion for the project was lost...if the passion was there we might be looking at The Room or Birdemic levels of "So bad its good" instead we get bland stuff that to me (with the last season) was more out of a feeling of commitment then passion.
I think it would be one of those series with cool action scenes and an above average excuse plot. But I guess we will never know now.