RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
People think he WAS the sane man, which is why this volume has made him progressively worse so the writers don't have to address how he was making sense last volume.

Ironwood still did nothing wrong.

That's what I'm trying to say, there's still people on /co/ who still think Ironwood's the sane one in this situation when it's very much clear he doesn't give a shit about Mantle anymore and will probably nuke it regardless of what plot point happens next.

Mantle sucks. All we've seen them do is riot and loot. Nuking it regardless is based.

Seriously. For all their hand wringing over Mantle nobody gave us a reason to actually care about anyone there except the two old people.

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
That and Mantle used to be the perps behind the Great War.

All the named characters robbed from the government and stalled the project that would have solved the plot. And nobody cared or did anything about it.
Adam was from here too wasn't he? And all the likable characters are from Atlas?

Everyone in Mantle might as well be the black silhouette characters from Season 1.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Ironwood still did nothing wrong.

Mantle sucks. All we've seen them do is riot and loot. Nuking it regardless is based.

Seriously. For all their hand wringing over Mantle nobody gave us a reason to actually care about anyone there except the two old people.
It was more "bad for the characters", not "bad for us". At this point, I just want Renment as a whole to be nuked with no survivors.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Mantle is RWBY's Detroit, except its filled with furry's. So its at least 10 times worse than Detroit...so it might actually just be one of those shithole border towns in California that need to be wiped off the map..
Which means, even when the show forces character assassination on Ironwood, his decision is a based one.

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
It was more "bad for the characters", not "bad for us". At this point, I just want Renment as a whole to be nuked with no survivors.

None of the characters have any reason to care about Mantle either. Unless Jeane wants to get with the Moms fawning over him. They are just kinda obligated to save faceless NPCs as protagonists. They just got here a couple weeks ago and had no meaningful interactions with anyone outside of Robin's followers. Penny's bonding with the town was all off screen and mostly a one way relationship where she killed things for them.

Everyone would probably have been more emotionally invested if he just kidnapped Penny's dad instead.

And to be fair to Ironwood Cinder is still out there and totally plans on killing a bunch of people and finishing Salem's plan, and she has the guy who can hack the other demigod. And he knows about them.

Skipjack

Simply Playing The Game
kiwifarms.net
I know, I know, it's fantasy. But are you seriously telling me this blast was strong enough to kill Hazel and throw the hundreds-of-meters-away Ace Ops airborne, but left people within 10ft of the epicenter completely unscathed? Are you serious?

Plus, the whole thing was framed like it was serious. Weiss dropping that plate screams "death happened." But no, everyone who matters is fine. No stakes as always. Fuck this show.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
I know, I know, it's fantasy. But are you seriously telling me this blast was strong enough to kill Hazel and throw the hundreds-of-meters-away Ace Ops airborne, but left people within 10ft of the epicenter completely unscathed? Are you serious?

Plus, the whole thing was framed like it was serious. Weiss dropping that plate screams "death happened." But no, everyone who matters is fine. No stakes as always. Fuck this show.
Its so easy to fix all the writing by having the explosion kill a lot of people, if not completely destroy mantle. Time to once again outwrite the writers.

-Explosion happens, ace-ops is dead and so is a good portion of mantle's population.
-The survivors are calling for Ironwood's head for not preventing the blast
-Ironwood is filled with grief and denial as he tries to deal with all the stress and the aftermath cleanup operation. This breaks him mentally.
-Ironwood, in many ways rightfully, blames Team RWBY and friends for road blocking him at every turn when he tried to prevent all this. Presenting them as scapegoats to the press.
-At the same time, Ironwood is now obsessed with keeping order and preventing this from ever happening again.
-Thus why he is after Penny to reprogram her to protect Atlas/mantle and bringing in team RWBY to pay for their "crimes".

There, by not pussying out of the implications that this event should have had you get far better and more believable writing. Ironwood becomes the "bad guy" who is going after Team RWBY and Penny. Fuck me, this is not hard so how do M&K fuck this up so consistently?

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
The amateur hour at RT is really just stunning. Do you know what the deus ex machina of this episode reminded me of? The Shock and Awe nuke of Cawadooty MW1. But in that, the nuke is set up throughout the level and there are serious consequences of that moment. Here, only Hazel dies and Salem is just delayed, nobody even really cares that she’s gone.

There are no fucking stakes. Even Ironwood going full retard has no stakes because he’s blowing up empty ships.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
There's so much wrong in this episode that I feel really nitpicky due to the amount of it.

Watts redpilling Cinder was the best part tho
I actually made a whole review out of hatred & boredom.

Let's start with the autism

> Qrow is fighting the authorities instead of just fucking off in peace (with wonky animation too). TBF, he did help Tyrian kill Clover which he refuse to really acknowledge, while instead placing it on others. I won't be surprised if he tried to kill Ironwood in the name of "vengeance for Clover"

> Monstro (the whale) got obliterated like fucking nothing. What's the damn point of a flying fortress? Hell, this idea was probably stolen from Bungou Stray Dogs anyway.

> "She is part of the reason I have this." Yang you have that prosthetic (the one which Ironwood was decent enough to give Yang for free, which she never thanked him for, by the way) because you retardedly charge into danger, as you just said in the last episode.

> JUST, when they redeemed themselves from that Yang's "Yeah... Ruby" scene from pre-hiatus with the hug, they hamfist this Bumblebee faggotry. It was genuinely retarded & felt like it was fisted in. Like, make the whole group feel as equals of (except for Ruby & Yang, cause sisters & blood bond & shit). If you want the team dynamic to be present, then make it so by making a sense of camaraderie. Just make a group hug or something. Don't hamfist the shipbait in. Not to include, this was a reminder of how CRWBY just fucked up all the Black Sun development because their pandering towards the fandom, which is filled with yuri-fags.

> RWBY took a fairly well made, grey character, who was probably the only realist in the show & turned him into moostache twirling evil villain to support the idealistic retardism of Ruby & her merry band of retards. This was the same guy who was happy to see Qrow & told them his plan, gave them the lamp & a place to stay with new clothes, got them their licenses, etc. now he's just shooting people, trusting bad guy to hack and threatening without a care. CRWBY forced a character assassination to make Ironwood a villain, tho a good villain is someone you are supposed to like hating them like Rachel from Tower of God, not like here where you hate having to hate them.

You know what's still the irony is, his speech was actually pretty kino, despite CRWBY forcing people to hate him. In fact Watts redpilling Cinder & Ironwood's speech were the best parts of the episode.

> Checking onto more, what even is RWBY's plan for this bullshit? I say this considering if Team RWBY & Co. don't have a plan to defeat Salem, Ironwood's plan makes the most sense. They all know she can't be killed, so what's their plan? Defend Mantle until help from the other Kingdoms arrive? Cause mind my RWBY lore here (I don't know much but I'm going from what I remember. IIRC, Vale is fucked, Mistral's huntsmen are borderline non-existent & Vacuo is famed for being a relaxed Kingdom of thieves & corruption. Hell, even if they could manage to kill Salem with the Relics, wouldn't it be safer to leave the lamp on the Atlas Space Station while they get the remaining 2 relics? How many times has the lamp been stolen again?

At this point, I hope Ironwood just obliterates Mantle. It makes absolutely no sense, if Mantle is Team RWBY's end goal, why not help them evacuate Mantle so you can all work together? But I do hope Mantle gets wiped.

As WinchesterPremium said above, "Mantle sucks, All we've seen them do is riot and loot". Add burning & it'll just become Portland.

And as Chilson said above, "Mantle is RWBY'S detroit, except worse due to it having furries".

What point is there to save this godforsaken place?

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
I actually made a whole review out of hatred & boredom.

Let's start with the autism

> Qrow is fighting the authorities instead of just fucking off in peace (with wonky animation too). TBF, he did help Tyrian kill Clover which he refuse to really acknowledge, while instead placing it on others. I won't be surprised if he tried to kill Ironwood in the name of "vengeance for Clover"

> Monstro (the whale) got obliterated like fucking nothing. What's the damn point of a flying fortress? Hell, this idea was probably stolen from Bungou Stray Dogs anyway.

> "She is part of the reason I have this." Yang you have that prosthetic (the one which Ironwood was decent enough to give Yang for free, which she never thanked him for, by the way) because you retardedly charge into danger, as you just said in the last episode.

> JUST, when they redeemed themselves from that Yang's "Yeah... Ruby" scene from pre-hiatus with the hug, they hamfist this Bumblebee faggotry. It was genuinely retarded & felt like it was fisted in. Like, make the whole group feel as equals of (except for Ruby & Yang, cause sisters & blood bond & shit). If you want the team dynamic to be present, then make it so by making a sense of camaraderie. Just make a group hug or something. Don't hamfist the shipbait in. Not to include, this was a reminder of how CRWBY just fucked up all the Black Sun development because their pandering towards the fandom, which is filled with yuri-fags.

> RWBY took a fairly well made, grey character, who was probably the only realist in the show & turned him into moostache twirling evil villain to support the idealistic retardism of Ruby & her merry band of retards. This was the same guy who was happy to see Qrow & told them his plan, gave them the lamp & a place to stay with new clothes, got them their licenses, etc. now he's just shooting people, trusting bad guy to hack and threatening without a care. CRWBY forced a character assassination to make Ironwood a villain, tho a good villain is someone you are supposed to like hating them like Rachel from Tower of God, not like here where you hate having to hate them.

You know what's still the irony is, his speech was actually pretty kino, despite CRWBY forcing people to hate him. In fact Watts redpilling Cinder & Ironwood's speech were the best parts of the episode.

> Checking onto more, what even is RWBY's plan for this bullshit? I say this considering if Team RWBY & Co. don't have a plan to defeat Salem, Ironwood's plan makes the most sense. They all know she can't be killed, so what's their plan? Defend Mantle until help from the other Kingdoms arrive? Cause mind my RWBY lore here (I don't know much but I'm going from what I remember. IIRC, Vale is fucked, Mistral's huntsmen are borderline non-existent & Vacuo is famed for being a relaxed Kingdom of thieves & corruption. Hell, even if they could manage to kill Salem with the Relics, wouldn't it be safer to leave the lamp on the Atlas Space Station while they get the remaining 2 relics? How many times has the lamp been stolen again?

At this point, I hope Ironwood just obliterates Mantle. It makes absolutely no sense, if Mantle is Team RWBY's end goal, why not help them evacuate Mantle so you can all work together? But I do hope Mantle gets wiped.

As WinchesterPremium said above, "Mantle sucks, All we've seen them do is riot and loot". Add burning & it'll just become Portland.

And as Chilson said above, "Mantle is RWBY'S detroit, except worse due to it having furries".

What point is there to save this godforsaken place?
The Cinder redpill was great. I bet that was stolen from a fan criticism somewhere.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Everyone would probably have been more emotionally invested if he just kidnapped Penny's dad instead.
Or if Ironwood got some soldiers to arrest the fugitives at Schnee manor, plus Willow and Whitney for aiding known criminals and used all theirs, and Winter's, lives as the ultimatum. Hell, he doesn't even know that Penny's not going to respond within that hour, so why even make the ultimatum in the first place when a raid is easier?

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Or if Ironwood got some soldiers to arrest the fugitives at Schnee manor, plus Willow and Whitney for aiding known criminals and used all theirs, and Winter's, lives as the ultimatum. Hell, he doesn't even know that Penny's not going to respond within that hour, so why even make the ultimatum in the first place when a raid is easier?
That's a great idea. If he & Winter just pretend a hostage situation, alongside making all of the Schnee family into fugitive aiding charges. They psychological warfare against the RWBY squad.

However, that would require writing wits. Something M&K lack.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mantle is RWBY's Detroit, except its filled with furry's. So its at least 10 times worse than Detroit...so it might actually just be one of those shithole border towns in California that need to be wiped off the map.
Hey now Detroit managed to keep law and order (relativity speaking for Detroit) when people tried to start shit last year it was shut down fast, look at Portland, Seattle and, Minneapolis for shitholes.