RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
Well now that we know he nukes Mantle and kills hundreds, I guess the real questions are of "How does it happen" and "where do we go from here?" Does he also do something that threatens the heroes' lives too? Because I want to see something like him threatening Winter, then Weiss coming in to protect her. And unlike Haven, she dies for realizes because Ironwood has the others arrested and sentenced for execution as he himself dies because of Qrow, Robyn and/or Cinder. I also expect Penny to be killed for good too.

But this being Rooster Teeth, I'm not holding out much hope for much, if any, of that to happen.

Ren looks at Ironwood than decides to trust him because he's scared, they hand him the artifact because there isn't any reason not to anymore once you think about it and he just sends all of Atlas into the sky preventing Salem from ever getting it and completing the plot forever.

The reason they didn't want to do Ironwood's plan is that it would have left Mantle behind to the grim army, the grim army is gone, so they can just do Ironwood's plan and Salem will have no reason to attack Mantle anymore.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Ren looks at Ironwood than decides to trust him because he's scared, they hand him the artifact because there isn't any reason not to anymore once you think about it and he just sends all of Atlas into the sky preventing Salem from ever getting it and completing the plot forever.

The reason they didn't want to do Ironwood's plan is that it would have left Mantle behind to the grim army, the grim army is gone, so they can just do Ironwood's plan and Salem will have no reason to attack Mantle anymore.
You forget this is RWBY, logic need not apply...especially to the writing.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
This episode should be renamed "Competitive Self Pitying for twenty minutes"

And now everyone's okay with Emerald after nothing changes.

Nora's backstory is that her mother abandoned her to escape Grimm during the village attack

Winter tackles and imprisons Marrow to save him from getting executed by Ironwood

Robyn makes a speech of how damn good a guy Qrow is despite how she knows jack shit about him.

Penny rejects the virus by having Jaune amp up her aura, apparently having a soul stops a software virus.

It's confirmed that the Hound was a silver eyed warrior and Ruby assumes that's what happened to Summer.

The show keeps acting like the problem people have with Ruby's decisions is that they don't have the perfect result rather than that they were dumb in the first place.

It's a string of emotional scenes that haven't been earned at all where the characters doubt themselves, only for another character to assure them that they're super awesome.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Fucking hell was this episode bad, and that's already considering the super-low standards of this volume. This is Vol. 5-tier levels of pointless time wasing.

All I got from this episode is that
- Ironwood still plans to nuke Mantle and everyone but Marrow's okay with it
- Nora comes from Atlas, mother died, shit we already knew.
- Penny gets both Aura ex-Machina'd and Hug ex-Machina'd back to back and that kills viruses apparently.
- Grimm are still roaming Atlas and James is still concerned about killing thousands just so some kids who he should just have imprisoned and executed over trust issues will join him.

God this is getting pathetic by the episode. I can't wait until the Finale when either Ironwood decides to kill someone (a Schnee, Penny or other) other than a city of people and succeeds, or everyone is talked into defeat and Ironwood gets asspulled into admitting Ruby's right.

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
It's confirmed that the Hound was a silver eyed warrior and Ruby assumes that's what happened to Summer.

Which is weird given that she had a grave and thus presumably a body.

- Ironwood still plans to nuke Mantle and everyone but Marrow's okay with it

That "mantle is terrible" thing must just be canon and everyone is agreeing with us.

Qrow is an good guy, he kills friends and doesn't afraid anything.

He was fighting for what is right! Which was uh, listening to the protagonist and fighting the cop instead of the loose serial killer five feet away. That is why he's the better huntsman.

Now lets play the WHO DO WE TRUST? Game!

In this corner we have your sworn enemy, who murdered Penny and attempted to destroy a city for unclear but impure motives! She helped murder the innocent fire maiden, Oz, Phara, and countless others! She has shown zero sign of remorse and all her regret is fear for her own life now that she realizes she's in danger! Her power is trickery and she has been able to use this power specifically to fool people!

In this corner we have General Ironwood! An upright man who has the good of everyone at heart! He attempted to protect the previous city with an army of robots at no charge! He gave one of the protagonists a hand for free no questions asked! He funded the creation of Penny, was a longtime friend to OZ (and by extension worked with Qrow), earned the loyalty of Wies's sister, and thus has both direct and indirect connections with the entire main cast except for Blake! He works hard to gain your trust and support you with an actual concrete plan that explains all his actions!

You get to instantly trust one of these people in the span of the episode. The other person you'll doubt and lie to because they might betray you at any time. You might even aid their enemies for no reason just because you don't trust them at all. I know its a hard choice so think carefully.

Come on Roosterteeth. You can't have your main cast trust a bad guy instantly after having this entire plot be because they didn't trust a good guy.

Which is weird given that she had a grave and thus presumably a body.
Ruby was just speculating. Summer at this point is merely fanfiction bait.
Volume 8 is the definition of "insecure coping". Its like they are finally listening to all the critics, but they are trying to resolve all the criticism's in the worst ways possible through a strange mix of extreme ineptitude and their massive unearned ego's.
CRWBY's very reactionary. You could argue that the coping is nothing new.
In this corner we have your sworn enemy, who murdered Penny and attempted to destroy a city for unclear but impure motives! She helped murder the innocent fire maiden, Oz, Phara, and countless others! She has shown zero sign of remorse and all her regret is fear for her own life now that she realizes she's in danger! Her power is trickery and she has been able to use this power specifically to fool people!
You think Emerald is playing a long game?

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
I hope they still have to kill Penny. This whole "why not just go to where the virus is forcing you to go willingly?" thing is a temporary cutting of the Gordian Knot at best. She's still programmed to kill herself, and I don't think there's much fixing that unless the virus is removed completely.

BaiQilin

哈。。。琉璃百合的味道,驰昊啊。
kiwifarms.net
Of course they are. Emerald is black, and therefore a victim, according to the Left, while Ironwood is pure evil because he's a straight white man.
You forgot to mention probably bisexual or lesbian because of Cinder (Emerald is down BAD)
Just wait until blondie boy "cures" Grimm Summer Rose by giving her the bad touch for the grand finale.
I seriously just want Jaune to die already. We get it Miles, your self-insert cuck is suuuuper cool.
Volume 8 is the definition of "insecure coping". Its like they are finally listening to all the critics, but they are trying to resolve all the criticism's in the worst ways possible through a strange mix of extreme ineptitude and their massive unearned ego's.
Another issue is that 1) they're getting some of the points WRONG (for example, it's not that Ruby is too optimistic... it's the fact that she's impulsive and makes really stupid decisions sometimes) and 2) they're wasting all of this time crying and shit when thousands of people are going to die in an hour
Ruby was just speculating. Summer at this point is merely fanfiction bait.
Just wait folks! The FNDM is going to go CRAZY with the fanart too!
You think Emerald is playing a long game?
Exactly. The second Cinder comes back, Emerald will be running back over to the "other side" with her invisible tail between her legs and her pussy throbbing for some of that Fall Maiden ass.
I hope they still have to kill Penny.
She should've stayed dead in V3 honestly. I don't know why they brought her back besides "we need our older fans to come back!!!!" This episode would've been a lot better if Penny died and then one of the kids got the Winter Maiden power (which would piss the fuck out of Ironwood).