RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Conducting some maintenance.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
Raven and Ironwood make most of the correct decisions and every time the main cast goes against them they end up making things worse.
I’ll give you Ironwood, but Raven? The bitch that dumped her husband with their child and left? The bitch that went to hang out with bandits to rob villages and give no shits when Grimm attack the remains? The bitch that murdered a child for power? The bitch who had no qualms helping people destroy a kingdom and murder her brother and daughter?
Raven wasn’t right about a single thing period. She was a sniveling coward and a hypocrite.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I’ll give you Ironwood, but Raven? The bitch that dumped her husband with their child and left? The bitch that went to hang out with bandits to rob villages and give no shits when Grimm attack the remains? The bitch that murdered a child for power? The bitch who had no qualms helping people destroy a kingdom and murder her brother and daughter?
Raven wasn’t right about a single thing period. She was a sniveling coward and a hypocrite.
Yeah, the first strawman cannot have been made by anyone besides people who hate having bad female characters.

It's one thing to bitch to your shitty parent who left you, it's another to be a total asshole towards someone who went to lengths to help you fight again.

Yeah, the first strawman cannot have been made by anyone besides people who hate having bad female characters.

It's one thing to bitch to your shitty parent who left you, it's another to be a total asshole towards someone who went to lengths to help you fight again.
Except people feel that the idea is that she’s going to redeem herself by doing something to sacrifice herself for Yang (and probably pass Maiden powers onto her) in a way of “she always loved her kid”. Alternatively, there’s also the idea of getting over her hang ups of fighting Salem. Getting over her cowardice to help Team RWBY in their campaign.

Dang Woodchucks!

Ancient Geek Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
Except people feel that the idea is that she’s going to redeem herself by doing something to sacrifice herself for Yang (and probably pass Maiden powers onto her) in a way of “she always loved her kid”.
Oh, yes, the "She=Ra process of writing relationships". :story:

"Y'see, Yong--"

It's Yang.

"Don't interrupt me. I abandoned you and your father because I loved you all along! And I never wrote or acknowledge your existence because... I was protecting you. In fact, I raised you better by going to pick up a pack of cigs and never returning, Bob."

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2069877View attachment 2069878

Either Jojo fans are really chill, or RWBY is so obscure this never came on their radar.
I myself remember talking to The Floof Artist on this when I had my twitter. It's such a blatant copy, it's jarring. All NK has for herself is different hair, a bell choker, a jacket, fingerless gloves, a normal-ish belt.

YET, it's still copied just by color palette alone.

This is from the manga, the hair & clothing colors are literally the same.
cc9792158d26c475a7c95ce322c274f651ceadfar1-801-1200v2_uhq.jpg

This is from the EoH render, literally the same clothing palette.
2a0a2e1f131ce19a138975c5829a1b2a.jpg

But that's still not the worst part. Worst part is the fact that Nu-NK is still bland looking. She went from Anime Idol girl, to a JoJo rip-off.

Fuck, someone on reddit did a better job than the official designer:
s3m3jkd5a0k51.jpg

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
I just said the most correct decisions. Raven does some pants on head retarded shit, but she certainly makes better decisions than 95% of the cast. Additionally, being a sniveling coward and hypocrite is a definitive improvement from a braindead retard incapable of comprehending either concept.

LordBaron

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget that she's the entire reason they even went to Atlas in the first place.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I'm pretty sure all the main RWBY VAs have been pretty weak (at least by VA standards, except I think only Arryn considers herself a professional actress). At the very least Kara Eberle is the most professional of the main four VAs.
Ironic that Arryn considers herself a professional actress when she's by far the worst actress out of the four leads.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
(her voice actress has always been weak regardless)
Honestly, out of the four, she's probably the best from a pure acting stand point, though it helps that her character hasn't been utterly shit till relatively recently. Barbara and Blake's voice actress have always been the weaker ones, and the fact that their characters are weak has only weighed them down. Ruby's actress needs to start pitching Ruby's voice down again. She's not 15 years old anymore, make her sound at least a little bit older.

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
She probably could've just been directed poorly for this string of episodes.
That’s usually the problem 99% of the time. Bad actors who will never ever improve of course exist (our beloved :story: being a prime example), but in the case of the average bottom tier theater actor they can be pressed with enough coaching and repetition to eventually get out a good delivery. It’s the VA director who decides when the take was good and no more are needed, and therein lies the problem when the director is lazy or cheap and just wants any take so everyone can go home.

There are innumerable cases where good professional voice actors end up sounding like trash because the VA director kicks them out of the booth after just one take.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Eh, I'm pretty sure all the main RWBY VAs have been pretty weak (at least by VA standards, except I think only Arryn considers herself a professional actress). At the very least Kara Eberle is the most professional of the main four VAs.
I'd argue that everyone in the show sounds like shit, even the actual professional VAs. Yeah, we can harp on the main actors or the non-actors in bit parts all day, but let's not kid ourselves here- All of the actors sound like complete garbage in this show.

Specifically? Of the in-house cast (minus bit parts), then pretty much everyone except Jaune and Taiyang sound bad, of the ones voiced by pro-VAs,, about the only ones I can tolerate are Robyn, Mercury, Djin and Watts. I'd have added Qrow had he not been replaced with Jason Liebrecht , who I think is probably the worst of all the actors next to Mela Lee's Cordova and Derek Mears 'Corsac (though the latter's mostly because of the shit audio quality he had, it sounds like he recorded it in a bathroom stall over the phone).

That’s usually the problem 99% of the time. Bad actors who will never ever improve of course exist (our beloved :story: being a prime example), but in the case of the average bottom tier theater actor they can be pressed with enough coaching and repetition to eventually get out a good delivery. It’s the VA director who decides when the take was good and no more are needed, and therein lies the problem when the director is lazy or cheap and just wants any take so everyone can go home.

There are innumerable cases where good professional voice actors end up sounding like trash because the VA director kicks them out of the booth after just one take.
Problem is, it's also Miles and Kerry doing the voice direction, and it's very obvious they have no idea what they're doing given how awful the show's performances across the board have been. I might have said who was the worst, but it truly was a hard decision when everyone sounds like tike they only used the first take or rehearsal audio.