RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Conducting some maintenance.

KaibaCorp ToeSucker

Seto Kaiba plz step on me I beg of you
kiwifarms.net
I'd argue that everyone in the show sounds like shit, even the actual professional VAs. Yeah, we can harp on the main actors or the non-actors in bit parts all day, but let's not kid ourselves here- All of the actors sound like complete garbage in this show.

Specifically? Of the in-house cast (minus bit parts), then pretty much everyone except Jaune and Taiyang sound bad, of the ones voiced by pro-VAs,, about the only ones I can tolerate are Robyn, Mercury, Djin and Watts. I'd have added Qrow had he not been replaced with Jason Liebrecht , who I think is probably the worst of all the actors next to Mela Lee's Cordova and Derek Mears 'Corsac (though the latter's mostly because of the shit audio quality he had, it sounds like he recorded it in a bathroom stall over the phone).

Problem is, it's also Miles and Kerry doing the voice direction, and it's very obvious they have no idea what they're doing given how awful the show's performances across the board have been. I might have said who was the worst, but it truly was a hard decision when everyone sounds like tike they only used the first take or rehearsal audio.
For me, I still like Mercury it's not bad but could be a smidge better. Maybe that's because he's been MIA so long when I got around to hearing him again it flew under the radar. Yuri Lowenthal HAS a range but then when you look at what voice direction said to the actor before him, J.J. Castillo it boiled down to "Gray and Miles described Mercury to J.J. as "a hipster douchebag, but he's cool" and " When describing his( J,J Castillo) voice acting for the character, he says that it is basically him doing a bad impression of Jack Nicholson".

Btw J,J was an inhouse for rooster teeth until he left. Apparently he did the rooster teeth recap or some shit.

Hiatus times are fun.

489AAE20-FEF6-4ABD-924C-50748EBB3E14.jpegC5D73D86-4AFF-4E77-B614-7A169419B381.jpeg

Attachments

• F26FB28C-DF94-4DFA-8CA7-7393B725175F.jpeg
    F26FB28C-DF94-4DFA-8CA7-7393B725175F.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I updated the OP a bit (separate entries for Miles and Kerry and added Cristina Vee). Is there anything of note about the two new writers Kiersi Burkhart and Eddy Rivas, besides for being accomplices in writing Volume 7 and 8?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I updated the OP a bit (separate entries for Miles and Kerry and added Cristina Vee). Is there anything of note about the two new writers Kiersi Burkhart and Eddy Rivas, besides for being accomplices in writing Volume 7 and 8?
Might also want to update Barb's entry to include the fact that she's Canadian. Which is arguably worse than being a native-born American.

EDIT: Forgot, she's the worst kind of Canadian- Montreal Canadian.

Last edited:
I'd only add that One of Christina Vee's bigger roles of notes is Mio Akiyama from K-On! and Homura from Madoka Magica if only because those are two of the more beloved IPs she's worked on. Hell, have a picture of her gigs.
Vee.jpg
May not be extensive, but it should hit some of her bigger ones.

Also, I'd add this bit from a Reddit AMA from when V5 ended when they were asked about the accusation of Jaune being a self-insert of Miles.

I'm gonna answer this for Miles actually.

In the first few Volumes, if Jaune was in a scene it was almost always because either Monty or myself wanted him in a scene. From the very beginning, Monty was very big on having that archetype of character be fairly prominent in the show. Miles has always been incredibly hesitant to insert Jaune into scenes, to the point where he's voiced before that he wishes sometimes that he didn't voice him. So, if people want to be mad at someone for Jaune being in scenes, take it out on Monty and I :P

-Kerry

Yeahhh, more or less what Kerry said. I won't lie and say that I didn't have fun getting to do lines in the booth. It's always a pleasure to get to do more acting, especially if it's a character that gets to do more dramatic scenes. But yeah, the accusations that Jaune was a "self-insert" really started to get to me over the years, to the point where I began actively avoiding writing scenes that had him in it.

Now if I was voicing someone like Torchwick or Watts. Bro. Fuckin' rename the show "Teenagers Get their Butts Kicked by Awesome Badguys: The Roman Torchwick Hour of Villainy - Starring, Written, and Directed by Miles 'Loves Playing Villains' Luna"

-Miles
Hope this helps, @Fougaro

Edit; Here's one with Robyn!
cristina_vee_voice_tribute_by_vgafanatic_deazvkp-pre.jpg

Last edited:

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Kiersei has largely flown under the radar but Eddy could definitely fill an entry between his bitchfit at the Anime Slushie podcast that led to him going protected on Twitter, his Reddit comments and how he only ever responds to criticism that he can throw someone else under the bus to take the heat for him (ie blaming the Fair Game stuff on animators, Oscar and Neo's hallway punch on them, etc).

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Alright, what happened?
A podcast called Anime Slushie did an extra episode breaking down a Reddit post Eddy made trying to defend the shoddy writing around Marrow's Semblance following the Penny vs Ace Ops fight. They put it up before the V8 finale with the subtitle "Eddy Log Off Challenge" (as in it they say Eddy should just log off social media instead of responding to criticism if he's gonna bungle it like he did in the post). Eddy took it personally and went off on them for being rude or some shit. (Here's them covering it as Eddy deleted the Tweets)

Soon after he went on a massive Twitter tirade about how it's unfair that he can't blast back at critics but they're allowed to mock him and went protected on Twitter, where he's been ever since.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
A podcast called Anime Slushie did an extra episode breaking down a Reddit post Eddy made trying to defend the shoddy writing around Marrow's Semblance following the Penny vs Ace Ops fight. They put it up before the V8 finale with the subtitle "Eddy Log Off Challenge" (as in it they say Eddy should just log off social media instead of responding to criticism if he's gonna bungle it like he did in the post). Eddy took it personally and went off on them for being rude or some shit. (Here's them covering it as Eddy deleted the Tweets)

Soon after he went on a massive Twitter tirade about how it's unfair that he can't blast back at critics but they're allowed to mock him and went protected on Twitter, where he's been ever since.
"Why can't I hit back at critics?"

Bad PR? You're retarded? 'Cuz the show sucks massive balls?

Pick your poison, Eddy.
So much trying to be bigger and reading the show as bigger than it is, so little time to work on the damn show.

I'm reminded of Unicorn of War's White Fang video.
I'm reminded that this "anime" exists as an affront to anime. Even the worst Japanese anime could be laughed at on how bad it is. Terrible voice acting, worthless plot - at least Ex-Arm admitted how much of itself was complete shit.

Fougaro

kiwifarms.net
I'm reminded that this "anime" exists as an affront to anime. Even the worst Japanese anime could be laughed at on how bad it is. Terrible voice acting, worthless plot - at least Ex-Arm admitted how much of itself was complete shit.
Depends. As I've said in the OP, even at its absolute lowest and most embarrassing, RWBY is still not as bad and cringe inducing as most of the harem, isekai and other incelbait anime you have. I'd go as far and say that by modern (shounen) anime standards, RWBY would be considered as lower, if not pure mediocre in terms of writing and storytelling, which - make no mistake - is less of a compliment to RWBY, but more of an indictment of the absolute state of the industry.

On the other hand however, I have yet to see the staff of an anime spilling their spaghetti on Twitter or a Japanese VA picking a tardfight with a rando and threatening him with AIDS.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
Depends. As I've said in the OP, even at its absolute lowest and most embarrassing, RWBY is still not as bad and cringe inducing as most of the harem, isekai and other incelbait anime you have. I'd go as far and say that by modern (shounen) anime standards, RWBY would be considered as lower, if not pure mediocre in terms of writing and storytelling, which - make no mistake - is less of a compliment to RWBY, but more of an indictment of the absolute state of the industry.

On the other hand however, I have yet to see the staff of an anime spilling their spaghetti on Twitter or a Japanese VA picking a tardfight with a rando and threatening him with AIDS.
I can actually tolerate watching harem and isekai anime.

Not even 3 minutes, I cringe and give up on listening to the dialogue in RWBY.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net

At least those bottom tier anime know they are trash and relish in it. RWBY keeps pretending its game of thrones at its peak when its no better than the lowest trash Japan pumps out.

Fougaro

kiwifarms.net
At least those bottom tier anime know they are trash and relish in it. RWBY keeps pretending its game of thrones at its peak when its no better than the lowest trash Japan pumps out.
My theory is that if RWBY was a Japanese production made by a semi-competent animation studio it would be considered as standard shounen shit that weebs would eat up or at the very least not give it the shit and criticism it deserves.

I think a more correct assessment when comparing RWBY with bad anime would be that anime series that manage to be worse than RWBY like for example the entire Fate franchise, Highschool DxD, Redo of Healer, Sword Art Online and much more know their audience and actively pander to them. RWBY on the other hand suffers from kind of a schizophrenia if it wants to be a family friendly show or appeal to the young adult audience (disregarding the pandering to shippers).