RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Conducting some maintenance.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
It's true, RWBY is terrible, boring and cringeworthy but not terrible, boring. cringeworthy and awfully degenerate. It does makes up for it by being laughable on every technical level in ways other productions can't match outside of legends of terribleness like Hand Shakers.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
057EF055-3AEA-475F-8425-F0DD64476C7C.jpeg

People unironically thought Grimm Eclipse getting a Switch port would mean RWBY having a chance of getting into Smash.
Don’t get me wrong, I like watching Smashfags cry over stupid bullshit, but putting Ruby in Smash is too stupid. Sakurai may be a troll, but he’s never going to break the “characters must originate from vidya” rule, because that opens a can of worms nobody wants to deal with.
There’s more chance for someone like Neo showing up for Injustice 3 whenever they get around to fucking making it. Or Hell, even Mortal Kombat.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2082589
People unironically thought Grimm Eclipse getting a Switch port would mean RWBY having a chance of getting into Smash.
Don’t get me wrong, I like watching Smashfags cry over stupid bullshit, but putting Ruby in Smash is too stupid. Sakurai may be a troll, but he’s never going to break the “characters must originate from vidya” rule, because that opens a can of worms nobody wants to deal with.
There’s more chance for someone like Neo showing up for Injustice 3 whenever they get around to fucking making it. Or Hell, even Mortal Kombat.
How exceptionally retarded are these fags that they want to infect an already putrid cesspool?

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
  1. Nobody cares what you want
  2. You not having one already means Nintendo and Sakurai do not care about your opinion on the Smash DLC
  3. Mostly because of a wasted slot instead of RWBY haters being mad
  4. So her super is to just look at somebody? Sounds gay as shit
  5. k
  6. Name 1. I can't fucking think of any goddamn scene from RWBY that would be iconic. The entire fucking series is just generic fantasy background.
  7. Outside of the OPs, does this series even have any memorable tunes?
  8. Your fucking waifu is trash and doesn't even deserve the title of waifu

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Neo and team RWBY did already appear as guest fighters in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
Mostly because of a wasted slot instead of RWBY haters being mad
Don’t Smashfags whine about “wasted slots” pretty regularly though?
The top of Beacon Tower in Volume 3, Amity Arena, the Haven Vault, maybe even Emerald Forest. Not a ton of locations, but enough.
Outside of the OPs, does this series even have any memorable tunes?
Hero, Divide, Lionized, Mirror Mirror, Red Like Roses, I Burn, the soundtracks are consistently considered one of the show’s best attributes.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, Ruby in Smash would still be awful.
Neo and team RWBY did already appear as guest fighters in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.
Does Burgerland give a shit about BlazBlu though? And given the DC crossovers I’d say it’s possible for an Injustice 3 or MK appearance. Cinder would be pretty fun for Mortal Kombat, she fits the absurd over the top bullshit that franchise is known for pretty well.
That, and watching her get Fatalitied would provide endless entertainment.

IneptRobot

Look grateful ⋮)
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2082589
Neo from the Matrix would be a better choice for Mortal Kombat or Injustice given their recent movie tie-ins. He'd be like one of Johnny Cages movie roles.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Ik Ruby's voice is like nails on a chalk board, but can we applaud Lindsay for actually changing her voice unlike the rest of her coworkers, who just walk into the booth, voice act in their normal speaking voices, and call it a day
I mean, it shows effort on her part, at least. The problem is, she's still doing it when, logically, her character shouldn't sound like that now.

Ik Ruby's voice is like nails on a chalk board, but can we applaud Lindsay for actually changing her voice unlike the rest of her coworkers, who just walk into the booth, voice act in their normal speaking voices, and call it a day
Sounds like Lindsay did the bare minimum in calling her a VA. Then again, she's no pro.

RWBY on the other hand suffers from kind of a schizophrenia if it wants to be a family friendly show or appeal to the young adult audience (disregarding the pandering to shippers).
I don't think the show has tried to be family friendly since V3, and since V6, they've been only on the RT site, so no real issues with getting age restricted. As for YA audience, I'm pretty sure they haven't done that since the V1 and V2 "things happen in the backkground, heroes stumble on and investigate it". Nowadays, it's bootleg Final Fantasy.
The top of Beacon Tower in Volume 3, Amity Arena, the Haven Vault, maybe even Emerald Forest. Not a ton of locations, but enough.
But do they fit the mold of a Smash stage?
Hero, Divide, Lionized, Mirror Mirror, Red Like Roses, I Burn, the soundtracks are consistently considered one of the show’s best attributes.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, Ruby in Smash would still be awful.

Outside of the OPs, does this series even have any memorable tunes?
Here's a better question: Does RWBY have any songs that don't sound like something off of a MySpace page?

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2082589
Lightning McQueen has a better chance than her due to the fact that the Cars game came before the movie, making LM a VG character before a movie character.

Also, literally no character matters until we get TF2 Heavy, Scout, or Engineer.

They sound like they're trying to capture 90's grunge, but end up sounding like something out of a mediocre garage band.
Maybe the stuff Jeff does.

As for Casey....
Considered one of the best songs in the series, and I'd say it's teuly something a teenager would do. Maybe it could be something a band would do when they're first starting out and cutting demos to pursue a record deal? It's that or dated relics of MySpace.

Baubius

MALDING, ECLIPSING, SNEETHING
kiwifarms.net
Maybe the stuff Jeff does.

As for Casey....
Considered one of the best songs in the series, and I'd say it's teuly something a teenager would do. Maybe it could be something a band would do when they're first starting out and cutting demos to pursue a record deal? It's that or dated relics of MySpace.
This Will Be The Day still slaps

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
I think a more correct assessment when comparing RWBY with bad anime would be that anime series that manage to be worse than RWBY like for example the entire Fate franchise, Highschool DxD, Redo of Healer, Sword Art Online and much more know their audience and actively pander to them.
I wouldn't even say any of those are worse than RWBY, and holy crap, I hate Sword Art Online. But Sword Art Online is better plot wise, has better characterization (in that it has characters at all), better dialogue, and, with Monty's death, even better fight scenes, That doesn't make Sword Art Online good, but it does make it better than RWBY. Literally, the only anime I would put below RWBY would be utter dumpster fires like Hand Shakers and Garzey's Wing, and cheap cash grabs like the laziest of the isekai shlock that's out there, and even some of them can get by by having better animation.

I mean, it shows effort on her part, at least. The problem is, she's still doing it when, logically, her character shouldn't sound like that now.
Speaking of VAs...

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
  1. Nobody cares what you want
  2. You not having one already means Nintendo and Sakurai do not care about your opinion on the Smash DLC
  3. Mostly because of a wasted slot instead of RWBY haters being mad
  4. So her super is to just look at somebody? Sounds gay as shit
  5. k
  6. Name 1. I can't fucking think of any goddamn scene from RWBY that would be iconic. The entire fucking series is just generic fantasy background.
  7. Outside of the OPs, does this series even have any memorable tunes?
  8. Your fucking waifu is trash and doesn't even deserve the title of waifu
They desperately want RWBY to become a mainstream, household name. One movie cameo is the best it can do aside from mediocre video games that get boring fast.

They desperately want RWBY to become a mainstream, household name. One movie cameo is the best it can do aside from mediocre video games that get boring fast.
I don't think RWBY was ever going to get mainstream, regardless of what happens under Warner Media. RT doesn't seem to garner that kind of audience.

IneptRobot

Look grateful ⋮)
kiwifarms.net
Here's a better question: Does RWBY have any songs that don't sound like something off of a MySpace page?
It's definitely the kind of shitty cock-rock I'd have used when making a Bleach AMV back in 2007.
Pillar- Frontline
Trapt-Headstrong
Skillet-Monster
Jeff Williams- This Will Be The Day
It's just got that try-hard vibe that teenagers really resonate with.