RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

KokoroKoroki

When everyone's a degenerate, no one will be
kiwifarms.net
My theory is that if RWBY was a Japanese production made by a semi-competent animation studio it would be considered as standard shounen shit that weebs would eat up or at the very least not give it the shit and criticism it deserves.

I think a more correct assessment when comparing RWBY with bad anime would be that anime series that manage to be worse than RWBY like for example the entire Fate franchise, Highschool DxD, Redo of Healer, Sword Art Online and much more know their audience and actively pander to them. RWBY on the other hand suffers from kind of a schizophrenia if it wants to be a family friendly show or appeal to the young adult audience (disregarding the pandering to shippers).
Even though I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment that all those shows are bad, most of them are at least decent in SOMETHING, I don't think even RWBY can say that.

Fate has pretty stellar fight scenes that are well choreographed and nice to look at, DxD has a competent plot for it's genre that doesn't feel scribbled down as it went along (earlier on anyway) and SAO at least tries to give some characterization to it's characters as minimal as it is.

What does RWBY have by comparison? The music is pretty good but in terms of creating a series it isn't anywhere near as important as it is in something like games. It's just subpar in nearly everything else and it only manages to scrape by because of it's devoted and mostly crazy fanbase.

Last edited:

LordBaron

kiwifarms.net
  1. Nobody cares what you want
  2. You not having one already means Nintendo and Sakurai do not care about your opinion on the Smash DLC
  3. Mostly because of a wasted slot instead of RWBY haters being mad
  4. So her super is to just look at somebody? Sounds gay as shit
  5. k
  6. Name 1. I can't fucking think of any goddamn scene from RWBY that would be iconic. The entire fucking series is just generic fantasy background.
  7. Outside of the OPs, does this series even have any memorable tunes?
  8. Your fucking waifu is trash and doesn't even deserve the title of waifu
9. If we allowed anime, Goku would be in there way before Ruby and they know it.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Even though I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment that all those shows are bad, most of them are at least decent in SOMETHING, I don't think even RWBY can say that.

Fate has pretty stellar fight scenes that are well choreographed and nice to look at, DxD has a competent plot for it's genre that doesn't feel scribbled down as it went along (earlier on anyway) and SAO at least tries to give some characterization to it's characters as minimal as it is.

What does RWBY have by comparison? The music is pretty good but in terms of creating a series it isn't anywhere near as important as it is in something like games. It's just subpar in nearly everything else and it only manages to scrape by because of it's devoted and mostly crazy fanbase.
I would disagree, especially on Fate. When it comes to fight scenes and choreography you can not only argue the same for RWBY, but also mention to its credit that unlike Fate, RWBY isn't written by and for paedophiles. At least from what we know as I'm writing this, because it would not surprise me to be proven wrong on this since it's Rooster Teeth after all...

KokoroKoroki

When everyone's a degenerate, no one will be
kiwifarms.net
I would disagree, especially on Fate. When it comes to fight scenes and choreography you can not only argue the same for RWBY, but also mention to its credit that unlike Fate, RWBY isn't written by and for paedophiles. At least from what we know as I'm writing this, because it would not surprise me to be proven wrong on this since it's Rooster Teeth after all...
I mentioned it mainly because RWBY tends to cop out on a lot of their fights and don't show as many fights as they really should, there's also evidence of them straight up copying certain parts of fights shot for shot from other shounen like Hunter x Hunter and My Hero Academia.

Last edited:

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
Well that new issue of the Justice League crossover came out today. Some Anon on 4chan just Storytimed it.
Overall better than last week’s, but still really phoned in (as it’s been for most of this crossover’s run).
I get they wanted to tie Cyborg to Atlas, and doing the Military thing would tie him more to Ironwood or Winter (who most definitely aren’t showing up in this story), but still using the SDC is getting kinda old.
Also the ship fuel is back way harder than it was last week,
2D22DAD5-F104-45A2-9EC1-0C819D4C1F09.jpeg

IneptRobot

You lost the moment you entered these woods.
kiwifarms.net
That's a bold take considering Justice League Unlimited exists. I would probably put TT03 in second place though.
Oh yeah, I never watched that, we didn't get it on the channels I had growing up so I had TT and that was it. Totally missed out on BtAS and Superman as well.
I grew up reading Teen Titans in the late 90's so it was the only series I cared to watched beyond my early teens. Beyond that I'm not much of a fan of capes.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, I never watched that, we didn't get it on the channels I had growing up so I had TT and that was it. Totally missed out on BtAS and Superman as well.
I grew up reading Teen Titans in the late 90's so it was the only series I cared to watched beyond my early teens. Beyond that I'm not much of a fan of capes.
It's definitely worth a watch, but start with Justice League first if you want to get into that side of DC. It's slower than Unlimited but the slow burn makes for good character-focused episodes.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
So apparently Penny represents trans issues according to Twitter. I swear the lgbt cult with find ANY way to make something about them
I swing both ways, but without daring to read this to spare my mind from the malignant tumor that'll grow from it, I have this to say.

In Minecraft. Death. To. All.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
So apparently Penny represents trans issues according to Twitter. I swear the lgbt cult with find ANY way to make something about them
Some people also see her as a metaphor for being autistic. Because that's what people think of every socially awkward robot character. Just ask Data or Zane.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
So, more on the crossover: Wonder Woman is an actual robot here? How does Turtle Faunus Flash have satellite TV? And Jac Schnee is sending assassins after Cyborge to stop people from knowing that... Their secret attempt to test space flight didn't work? Even though everyone already knew dust didn't work in space?

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
So, more on the crossover: Wonder Woman is an actual robot here? How does Turtle Faunus Flash have satellite TV? And Jac Schnee is sending assassins after Cyborge to stop people from knowing that... Their secret attempt to test space flight didn't work? Even though everyone already knew dust didn't work in space?
Don't ask questions and consume product drone.

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this guy in particular. Xenofiction (that’s humanity through non-human eyes) is not something for you to latch onto just because you have brain problems.