RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Blessed_feed

I'm totally not retarded
kiwifarms.net
Someone made a funny video of the Ironwood vs JNOR + Winter fight, and called out the fact that characters were teleporting during the fight, and of course someone got triggered

Screenshot 2021-04-15 9.49.46 PM.png

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Someone made a funny video of the Ironwood vs JNOR + Winter fight, and called out the fact that characters were teleporting during the fight, and of course someone got triggered

More and more I'm beginning to think they just animate the shit right in the camera instead of animating the fight, then worrying about the camera placement. It would explain a lot about how Vol. 5's clusterfuck of a climax ended up the way it did.

I mean this fight doesn't have the issue as bad as vol. 5 did, but it is definitely noticeable upon repeat viewings.

3MMA

kiwifarms.net
It’s fucking weird that the (extraordinarily odd) “FNDM” get so bent out of shape about any criticism.
Especially how fucking extra they get when that criticism is valid. (Valid, as in dictionary definition, not “reclaimed words favored by SJW’s.)

In this case, that ORNJ + Winter vs. Ironwood fight was hilarious w/ the teleportation! That clip up thread fucking cracked me up! Too funny.

It’s when things get held as sooooo sacred, they get bogged down in bullshit & major levels of cope.

I may be missing something, as a relative n00b to RWBY, I 1st found out about it in 2018, finally watched this Summer past. (2020.) It’s first 6 seasons are free, as movies, on Amazon prime, & until RT jewed it off YouTube, v7 was easy to watch. I watched v8 episode by episode, which was a different experience, but overall didn’t change much of my opinion on it. Fun show, still, but ridiculous, odd, & written by idiots.

RWBY is fun, & very lost potential. The fans of the show are something else. Never seen such cope/ worship.
Not rando’s who see it for what it is, but FNDM, they are fucking weird.

The 1st time I looked up RWBY stuff online, I immediately clocked how sycophantic the so called FNDM people are.

One of the best parts of RWBY is laughing at it. Holding it sacred + SJW pandering creators & FNDM are also fun to laugh about.

Never seen a group of fans behave quite as some of the “FNDM identified” people do. Can’t pick the best word to describe it...cope, extra, self-projecting, humorless, weird? All of that & more perhaps.

It’s fucking weird that the (extraordinarily odd) “FNDM” get so bent out of shape about any criticism.
Especially how fucking extra they get when that criticism is valid. (Valid, as in dictionary definition, not “reclaimed words favored by SJW’s.)

In this case, that ORNJ + Winter vs. Ironwood fight was hilarious w/ the teleportation! That clip up thread fucking cracked me up! Too funny.

It’s when things get held as sooooo sacred, they get bogged down in bullshit & major levels of cope.

I may be missing something, as a relative n00b to RWBY, I 1st found out about it in 2018, finally watched this Summer past. (2020.) It’s first 6 seasons are free, as movies, on Amazon prime, & until RT jewed it off YouTube, v7 was easy to watch. I watched v8 episode by episode, which was a different experience, but overall didn’t change much of my opinion on it. Fun show, still, but ridiculous, odd, & written by idiots.

RWBY is fun, & very lost potential. The fans of the show are something else. Never seen such cope/ worship.
Not rando’s who see it for what it is, but FNDM, they are fucking weird.

The 1st time I looked up RWBY stuff online, I immediately clocked how sycophantic the so called FNDM people are.

One of the best parts of RWBY is laughing at it. Holding it sacred + SJW pandering creators & FNDM are also fun to laugh about.

Never seen a group of fans behave quite as some of the “FNDM identified” people do. Can’t pick the best word to describe it...cope, extra, self-projecting, humorless, weird? All of that & more perhaps.
The funny thing about it is....RWBY really isn’t that good enough in the long run to be treated with the diety and the resonance from the fans that it gets. At most, it’s fun to talk about with your buddies. If you ask me.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Okay characters do move around during fights, but why are Jaune and Oscar standing 20 feet behind Ironwood, instead of just attacking him? Why did Jaune, Ren, and Nora only attack once, then just stand around? You could remove Jaune, Ren, and Nora from this fight and nothing would change
I guess COVID fucked with the animators' sense to animate.

Horribadger

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kiwifarms.net

Quality going downhill? No, RWBY's always been this bad. FloofArtist has quite a few videos about exactly this.

Quality going downhill? No, RWBY's always been this bad. FloofArtist has quite a few videos about exactly this.
People would say the only thing that with Monty dead, the show has been gradually losing the things like charm and passion and fights and character designs that made RWBY somewhat redeemable and enjoyable.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
Finally got the new cover for the Justice League comic.
64C3E5DC-6FF7-44CC-8B5C-CA9B23778E8A.jpeg

Jaune’s shield is hilarious, and for the issue introducing Aquaman, there’s not a whole lot of him in this cover.
That being said, these comics only cost 99 cents each, so I can’t exactly say you’re going to be facing any buyer’s remorse for these.
Personally I think they’re cute. Not much to them, but just really dumb fun, and that’s what I came to RWBY for.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Finally got the new cover for the Justice League comic.View attachment 2094757
Jaune’s shield is hilarious, and for the issue introducing Aquaman, there’s not a whole lot of him in this cover.
That being said, these comics only cost 99 cents each, so I can’t exactly say you’re going to be facing any buyer’s remorse for these.
Personally I think they’re cute. Not much to them, but just really dumb fun, and that’s what I came to RWBY for.
Why is Jaune a tranny?

IneptRobot

Look grateful ⋮)
kiwifarms.net
Finally got the new cover for the Justice League comic.View attachment 2094757
Oh my god. Jaune, what did they do to you?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
People would say the only thing that with Monty dead, the show has been gradually losing the things like charm and passion and fights and character designs that made RWBY somewhat redeemable and enjoyable.
And I'd argue the Monty era was as bad, if not worse than the current era just on visuals alone. I mean he was using software that was both very anti-animation and feitish-friendly. And the whole thing looked like a show from the late-90s. Now it looks more like something from the late 2000s. Which is astounding when even Netflix's CGI shows from DreamWorks or anime studios look infinitely better than this shit. Even when they look like cheap as fuck nightmares like that Spirit cartoon or Polygon Pictures' titles.

I would still love to know just how much of a budget is given per-episode on this show, because if it really is similar to those shows, then holy shit that's bad. I'd tell them to outsource, but they did that with Transformers and it looks no better.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
And I'd argue the Monty era was as bad, if not worse than the current era just on visuals alone. I mean he was using software that was both very anti-animation and feitish-friendly. And the whole thing looked like a show from the late-90s. Now it looks more like something from the late 2000s. Which is astounding when even Netflix's CGI shows from DreamWorks or anime studios look infinitely better than this shit. Even when they look like cheap as fuck nightmares like that Spirit cartoon or Polygon Pictures' titles.

I would still love to know just how much of a budget is given per-episode on this show, because if it really is similar to those shows, then holy shit that's bad. I'd tell them to outsource, but they did that with Transformers and it looks no better.
The Monty Era is akin to watching a Garage Band performance.
It’s not that great, but there’s something really genuine about it that keeps people watching.
As RoosterTeeth grew into a company and bought out by AT&T, the standards people held the show too changed along with RT’s status.