RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
It’s funny how RWBY is the one IP that causes the most butthurt in Death Battle.
Its because there is a clear bias due to RT owning death battle. And due to the shitty worldbuilding and character writing, RWBY characters have no clear and defined limits to their power. Meaning their victory or loss is predicated on fucking nothing.

Its all retarded regardless because death battle is just a "whose stronger?" argument of two people's head canon characters turned into a video series. But the people who actually like this shit care about this crap for god knows what reason and get angry when its clear someone is fudging the numbers (or just creating data from nothing).

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Its all retarded regardless because death battle is just a "whose stronger?" argument of two people's head canon characters turned into a video series. But the people who actually like this shit care about this crap for god knows what reason and get angry when its clear someone is fudging the numbers (or just creating data from nothing).
The bigger issue is that they claim to be completely unbiased and tote that they put so much effort into accurate... but they're a bunch of fucking nobodies who consistently "forget" certain data points or just make shit up. THEN people take them seriously for god knows what reason.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
Next time on Death Battle...
View attachment 2098575
Given her track record in the show, I doubt Blake's going to actually pull off a win.
It won't truly go nuclear until we get Steven U vs Deku from MHA. I'd pay good money to see those comment sections.
Were you not there for both Goku vs Superman matches?
The bigger issue is that they claim to be completely unbiased and tote that they put so much effort into accurate... but they're a bunch of fucking nobodies who consistently "forget" certain data points or just make shit up. THEN people take them seriously for god knows what reason.
Remember when they gave Green Lantern the power to travel through time because of an incredibly minor character in the comics?

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Given her track record in the show, I doubt Blake's going to actually pull off a win.

Were you not there for both Goku vs Superman matches?

Remember when they gave Green Lantern the power to travel through time because of an incredibly minor character in the comics?
I'm relatively new to Death Battle, but I can imagine the autism having lived through those arguments before in my youth.

Hooligan Handgun

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, I can see why they’d say Hal can time travel since his ring’s been shown to do that in the comics.
6D6F687A-4798-42A6-B1B5-8B64F9A24126.jpeg
04530E80-6F16-49CE-8DFF-F121E4F5DE3C.jpeg
A76032D4-2113-45A9-8494-D4E056189050.jpeg

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
I'm relatively new to Death Battle, but I can imagine the autism having lived through those arguments before in my youth.
Basically, after Goku got his Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan blue forms, a lot of people were demanding a rematch as the first one came out in 2013, which Goku lost. The second match, in addition to not being as well-animated as the first (prioritizing detailed character models over the same fast movements the first one had), it also ended with what was basically a lecture about how Superman is so powerful he literally can't be beat, as well as saying that it's because he isn't meant to be relatable like Goku is. Yes, seriously. And then there's the fact that the fight was intentionally one-sided just to prove this point, with Superman outright saying he only fought Goku again out of pity.

Basically, after Goku got his Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan blue forms, a lot of people were demanding a rematch as the first one came out in 2013, which Goku lost. The second match, in addition to not being as well-animated as the first (prioritizing detailed character models over the same fast movements the first one had), it also ended with what was basically a lecture about how Superman is so powerful he literally can't be beat, as well as saying that it's because he isn't meant to be relatable like Goku is. Yes, seriously. And then there's the fact that the fight was intentionally one-sided just to prove this point, with Superman outright saying he only fought Goku again out of pity.
Funny thing is, that wasn't supposed to be a rematch before ScrewAttack came in. It was just to be addressing new forms and the stuff they had to cut from the first fight for time.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
I’ve never seen AoT myself beyond cultural osmosis, but I actually think Blake has a chance here. Not just with DB bias (though it is a factor), but from what I’m familiar with, AoT’s world has barely progressed past WWI tech with really weak-ass guns. Remnant on the other hand has a bunch of sci-fi bullshit, Dust, and actual superpowers.
Add in the last RWBY rep was a loss, and I honestly think Blake is going to pull out a win on this one. If not absolutely stomp.
DB’s just feeding an easy with to RWBY while holding off on Ruby until she maybe gets another power up by the end of the show because the only character people actually want to see her fight is Maka from Soul Eater, and as of now? Ruby would get curbstomped.

Personally, a RWBY Death Battle I’d actually like to see would be Qrow Branwen vs Travis Touchdown.

DB’s just feeding an easy with to RWBY while holding off on Ruby until she maybe gets another power up by the end of the show because the only character people actually want to see her fight is Maka from Soul Eater, and as of now? Ruby would get curbstomped.
Not sure about easy win, but I'm pretty sure Maka Albarn would crush Ruby regardless of what happens because the worlds and characters are just that different in terms of power.

Personally, a RWBY Death Battle I’d actually like to see would be Qrow Branwen vs Travis Touchdown.
You may have to settle for Cinder Fall vs Princess Azula because that's the only other RWBY fight I can see that doesn't involve Team RWBY. Then again, maybe one of those two could face Shego from Kim possible.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I’ve never seen AoT myself beyond cultural osmosis, but I actually think Blake has a chance here. Not just with DB bias (though it is a factor), but from what I’m familiar with, AoT’s world has barely progressed past WWI tech with really weak-ass guns. Remnant on the other hand has a bunch of sci-fi bullshit, Dust, and actual superpowers.
Add in the last RWBY rep was a loss, and I honestly think Blake is going to pull out a win on this one. If not absolutely stomp.

I'm trying to remember, but has any of the RWBY characters other than Yang ever get a W? It seems more they got a bias over her than anything given the track record of the others that've been featured.

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
I always thought Qrow Branwen vs Rick Sanchez would be an interesting matchup.
The two don’t really have much in common beyond “old family member that drinks a bunch.”
I think Travis is a much better matchup for a variety of reasons.
  • They both can turn into a type of animal
  • Both have a “le cool loner” vibe, but really they’re both losers
  • Silvia manipulates Travis into getting wrapped up in an awful situation, and Oz kinda did the same with Qrow (albeit for far better reasons)
  • Both have a sibling(s) that tries to murder them
  • They both have pretty balanced abilities overall
A lot of the comparisons are pretty superficial, but it’s a match I’d actually be interested in watching.

Alessonincrippliningdepre

IhateandlovetheinterwebZ
kiwifarms.net
Last edited: