RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Are they having fucking framerate issues again? I remember when Gen:Lock was being built up that any criticism about how the framerate was sub 20 would just be fucking purged. Whatever fucking abomination they've strapped to their software that's causing this issue needs to be fucking excised.
Something is weird about this fight, animation-wise, even for a Death Battle fight.
I want to say they're trying to emulate the whole "Try to animate 3D as 2D" thing the Japanese does with their full CGI shows. But if no one but Orange can pull it off in Anime, why do they think they can?

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
Who would've thought that someone with advanced weaponry and a bullshit power system won against someone from an era that's barely WW1 in tech where the only thing has going for it is a glorified zipline?
Why I never liked death battle. I think a good rule of thumb is the more interesting character loses. RWBY having solid representation on that program is fitting.
How? Yang never got gold blood. Blake literally gets a purple stump.
Can't be too violent now?
People have been asking for a Mikasa vs Blake fight, and now they're upset and calling "Bias" now that Blake won? Blake has a protective shield around her body, and superpowers, Mikasa just has a jetpack and some swords. Blake was bound to win by basic logic
They like Mikasa more and expect Death Battle to reflect that. DB is pretty blatantly just about assessing and gauging power levels. Not anything like character arcs, how appropriate a character's power level is for their story and setting, or anything less tangible than how big a boulder they can throw. Effective dramatic elements like a sense of vulnerability are encumbrances.

Decepticon Spy

1 in 75 trillion Transformations
kiwifarms.net
DB is pretty blatantly just about assessing and gauging power levels. Not anything like character arcs, how appropriate a character's power level is for their story and setting, or anything less tangible than how big a boulder they can throw. Effective dramatic elements like a sense of vulnerability are encumbrances.

Too bad they devolved on Pandering (writing for Batgirl vs Spidergwen), How Similar the Characters are (Blake vs Mikasa, Stark vs Luthor), and bad comedy (Starscream vs Rainbowdash).

Last edited:
Blake can't even beat a regular human without losing an arm.
RWBY fags will defend this.
And like Weiss before her, this could be the best RWBY fight we’ve had in a while.
Oh I will unironically defend this for all the wrong reasons. :story:

First the humanitarian disaster that was chapter 139 and now this. /snk/ just can't stop eating shit. :story:
I guess I really made the right call to give less of a shit after they reached the basement and the ocean. At least Linked Horizon made some cool openings.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
And like Weiss before her, this could be the best RWBY fight we’ve had in a while.

I guess I really made the right call to give less of a shit after they reached the basement and the ocean. At least Linked Horizon made some cool openings.

You have no idea. AoT is worth reading if only for the sheer amount of retarded twists and bad decisions made by Isayama.

You have no idea. AoT is worth reading if only for the sheer amount of retarded twists and bad decisions made by Isayama.
Look, I got into AOT when it was just humanity fighting against the giant naked cannibal stoners known as the Titans. And after the basement reveals, I just found myself seeing what brought me in was going by the wayside, increasingly so. By 139, I had pretty much stopped giving much of a shit.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
Mind explaining some of those retarded twists and bad decisions to someone who's only seen the TeamFourStar abridged version of Attack on Titan?

There's too many to count, what sticks out the most for me (and most people anyway...)
- The manga switch genres at a certain point and it never goes back. It goes from what's essentially a zombie survival story to an awful WW2 analogy that doesn't work. There's a million chapters of nothing happening until the manga rushes to an unnatural conclusion no one liked.
- Supernatural elements are introduced in the manga is through PATHS. What is PATHS? No one knows. It's vaguely described as "something or another everything's connected lul" sytem and never elaborated on. Essentially it allows Isayama to write his way out of stupid shit and bait his audience. Someone dies? Not really, PATHS. Characters coming back from the dead? PATHs did it. How? I dunno. But it happens, so you have to accept it.
- Levi and Mikasa being better than everyone else is explained as, well...they're Asians, so they're superior to everyone else.
- Annie never amounts to anything, once she briefly comes back it's only for everyone else to insist she did nothing wrong.
- Eren being retconned as the world's most pathetic turboincel right in the final chapter of the manga.
- Gabi's entire character, whose existence might as well be there only to piss off the audience for no payoff.

There's too many to count, what sticks out the most for me (and most people anyway...)
- The manga switch genres at a certain point and it never goes back. It goes from what's essentially a zombie survival story to an awful WW2 analogy that doesn't work. There's a million chapters of nothing happening until the manga rushes to an unnatural conclusion no one liked.
- Supernatural elements are introduced in the manga is through PATHS. What is PATHS? No one knows. It's vaguely described as "something or another everything's connected lul" sytem and never elaborated on. Essentially it allows Isayama to write his way out of stupid shit and bait his audience. Someone dies? Not really, PATHS. Characters coming back from the dead? PATHs did it. How? I dunno. But it happens, so you have to accept it.
- Levi and Mikasa being better than everyone else is explained as, well...they're Asians, so they're superior to everyone else.
- Annie never amounts to anything, once she briefly comes back it's only for everyone else to insist she did nothing wrong.
- Eren being retconned as the world's most pathetic turboincel right in the final chapter of the manga.
- Gabi's entire character, whose existence might as well be there only to piss off the audience for no payoff.
Honestly, the genre shift that came from after we got to the basement alone was enough to make me feel like things had gone south. All the shit with Eren trying to wax poetic and philosophical and all the Marley vs Eldia shit...we just wanted to see Eren end the the Titans and their reign of terror. There’s a bunch of political shit you could cut out and it’d be at least a little better.

Either way, I kind of feel bad for people who watch Blake vs Mikasa, because they’re probably going to dive into two IPs that are most likely nowhere near as good as DB makes them out to be (especially Blake and the WF plot).

Last edited:

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the genre shift that came from after we got to the basement alone was enough to make me feel like things had gone south. All the shit with Eren trying to wax poetic and philosophical and all the Marley vs Eldia shit...we just wanted to see Eren end the the Titans and their reign of terror. There’s a bunch of political shit you could cut out and it’d be at least a little better.

Either way, I kind of feel bad for people who watch Blake vs Mikasa, because they’re probably going to dive into two IPs that are most likely nowhere near as good as DB makes them out to be (especially Blake and the WF plot).
Say about Jaune whatever you want and you'd be correct, but at the very least he didn't kill his own mother and start a campaign of genocide all because he didn't want the girl that family zoned him be with any other man while literally crying like a bitch over not getting his dick wet (instead of all the people he killed). Read the OP in the Attack on Titan thread. The show has turned into such a disaster it became post-modern art.