RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

So are they implying Jessica and Starro are from another universe then? Because that's the feeling I get. I know DC isn't above trying to insert their other properties inthe DC universe, Hell even Bionicle got a brief visual mention in a GL comic. Maybe they're attempting the same here and are trying to tie in the RWBY-verse into the greater DC-verse?

She directly says she found this universe while chasing Starro through other realties. Though I don't think this is supposed to be main-line universe Jess.
The whole thing is that it’s RWBY’s version of the characters. How popular it’ll get in terms of the DC Multiverse alternates is another story.
Reading the comic critically somehow makes my head hurt more than reading Sonichu. It amazes me that this heaping garbage even manages to pass the drafting stage.
I’m pretty sure DC and Warner Media haven’t cared for the comics since 2013. And since it’s some obscure IP under the umbrella, I don’t think the best of the best was assigned.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
The whole thing is that it’s RWBY’s version of the characters. How popular it’ll get in terms of the DC Multiverse alternates is another story.
Probelm is, they already fucked up when Cyborg went on about Atlas's space tech, and went further when they revealed that the multiverse exists and implied that both this version of both Jess and Starro come from outside of this one.

Blessed_feed

I'm totally not retarded
kiwifarms.net
1620860058825.png

Someone's rant on the shitshow of a finale got removed (guess r/RWBY doesn't like anything negative being said about their show) Thankfully I managed to screenshot it before it got taken down
1620860176297.png
1620860207968.png
1620860239571.png
1620860260529.png

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
The same thing rumored to be happening every few months May finally actually happen: RT being sold.
I'm confused, what's going on?

To be more exact, Warner Media, the parent company of Rooster Teeth, is being sold by AT&T, its parent company, to Discovery, Inc., parent company of the Discovery Channel. Rooster Teeth is apparently being lumped in the deal with all the other assets. What this means for Rooster Teeth's future is anyone's guess.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
To be more exact, Warner Media, the parent company of Rooster Teeth, is being sold by AT&T, its parent company, to Discovery, Inc., parent company of the Discovery Channel. Rooster Teeth is apparently being lumped in the deal with all the other assets. What this means for Rooster Teeth's future is anyone's guess.
Hopefully Discovery will see that RT is being horribly managed and bleeds money, liquidates as many of it's valuable assets as it can, and demolishes the company, forcing everyone to cry that their beloved shitshow has been cancelled and will never be resolved.

I'm totally not bitter.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
Okay, to get ahead of things here so you don't get um actually'd later:

RWBY/Rooster Teeth isn't getting sold, Warner Media (which includes Rooster Teeth) is getting turned into a new joint venture - essentially a new distinct company - with the Discovery Channel. That... actually might be worse for Rooster Teeth, though.

Simply put, what will come out of this deal between Discovery Inc. and AT&T will be a new, third, as yet unnamed company, which has the media of both of them, and is indebted to its creating companies. There will, inevitably, be streamlining - aka, mass restructuring and firing.

The problem for RT with that is that, rather than being sold to someone who definitely wants them, they're getting packaged in as sort of a loose bonus. They have a perfect chance to cut them or fold them in.

Regardless, it'll likely be around a year before this all comes together.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Because RT is really just a tiny company compared to their other assets.
This. These companies might not be making any money, but their overall value is so little that it’s not like the amount of money they’re losing is all that significant anyways.

It’s basically how Marvel and DC comics are still kept alive, and while Rooster Teeth is a far cry from Marvel or DC in terms of value or notability, there is still some value to its brand.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
This. These companies might not be making any money, but their overall value is so little that it’s not like the amount of money they’re losing is all that significant anyways.

It’s basically how Marvel and DC comics are still kept alive, and while Rooster Teeth is a far cry from Marvel or DC in terms of value or notability, there is still some value to its brand.
And that's mainly in the properties. Even if Marvel, DC or RT were shut down, the properties they own could potentially still be money makers, so they keep the company around until they feel the need to yank the property away and shut the company down.

Because RT is really just a tiny company compared to their other assets.

And that's mainly in the properties. Even if Marvel, DC or RT were shut down, the properties they own could potentially still be money makers, so they keep the company around until they feel the need to yank the property away and shut the company down.
I really doubt anyone would want to hold onto RWBY that much.