RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

It really is low hanging fruit, but sometimes you need that in your life. It's what I call a "Kitchen Sink" setting, I'm sure you can figure out why I use that term. These sorts of settings can work but you tend to either need to just embrace the absolute batshit insanity similar to what RIFTS did, or align yourself with an overarching theme/feel similar to The Forgotten Realms.
You mean Monty and company should have just gone for the style of the trailers which was “action you could find from stick figures on Newgrounds with just enough story to keep people invested when the high from the cool action wears off? Even if the story sounds like something from a shitty anime inspired webcomic or a Final Fantasy fan game that got hit with a C&D? I’ve heard that too. Hell, you could say the first two volumes had that Avenue going.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
You mean Monty and company should have just gone for the style of the trailers which was “action you could find from stick figures on Newgrounds with just enough story to keep people invested when the high from the cool action wears off? Even if the story sounds like something from a shitty anime inspired webcomic or a Final Fantasy fan game that got hit with a C&D? I’ve heard that too. Hell, you could say the first two volumes had that Avenue going.
I only watched until something like the third episode of season 4, and this was back when the episodes were new. Season 3 was a huge downturn in quality over the previous two, but one of the things that I realized is that RWBY really cannot sustain itself when a plot arc is longer than two episodes or so. I really liked the Scooby Doo mystery adventures of the first two seasons and I think that an episodic formula would have served the show very well, honestly most poor story writing tends to fly largely under the radar until you start to get into plots that span three or more episodes and CRWBY is (or at least was) capable of writing competent episodic stories.

LordBaron

kiwifarms.net
Just don't tell them that three men single-handedly saved Atlas and Mantle and that it was Team RWBY that brought those places to shit.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
"If you don't hate General Ironwood, then you ain't female."

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
So the new issue of RWBY/JL their whole backup plan in case Clark or Jessica got mind controlled was to just, “hijack an Atlas warehouse full of weapons and drop it on Starro.”
EF3F8DB5-BC48-4748-A78D-EFC4E5BCF38B.jpeg

I’d ask why the hell this wasn’t their original plan in the first place, but whatever.

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
So the new issue of RWBY/JL their whole backup plan in case Clark or Jessica got mind controlled was to just, “hijack an Atlas warehouse full of weapons and drop it on Starro.”View attachment 2246019
I’d ask why the hell this wasn’t their original plan in the first place, but whatever.
Plot Induced Stupidity, RWBY's favourite writing method.

Gensou Hadou

I won't lose even to the rain!
kiwifarms.net
Still say Jaune should have become Ozpin's new body.
Since we're talking about wasted potential, I'm bringing back this old gem. It'd give Jaune a reason to tag along besides just being Miles' self-insert (though there's plenty of that too, and I'm not sure you can completely get rid of it) and fits with how Joan of Arc supposedly heard the voice of God in her head.

Yes, I know the writers would screw it up anyway, but hey, one less extraneous character is something, right? :optimistic:

Autistic AT-ST

Chicken Walker Reborn
kiwifarms.net
How is this series still around?
I thought they canned it along with their various other projects once that hack animator (who should never have been given a director role in the first place and just promoted to a senior animator consultant position with pay raises instead) died.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
How is this series still around?
I thought they canned it along with their various other projects once that hack animator (who should never have been given a director role in the first place and just promoted to a senior animator consultant position with pay raises instead) died.
Limitless levels of autism.

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
Why is it with these people and multi-paragraph text walls when they try to discuss something? Memes, unfunny textwall explaining why it's funny. Politics, feefee hurtee right/apolitical bad textwall. Shallow cartoon, overanalysing/hater dunking textwall. Can't they write a single fucking coherent and meaningful sentence to save their lives?