RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.
Been seeing this meme on Discord a lot. 90D516F4-2D2C-4949-98F3-DF24326A6D6A.png

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
Been seeing this meme on Discord a lot. View attachment 2265096
>"Badass" Music
:story:

Casey and Jeff Williams went from ear grinding butt rock to snoozefest ballads circa volume 4.

Around Febuary, They Collaborated with Hypergryph for Arknights. Now something about Arknights I personally enjoy is their music, and they got pretty good music in-game and promotional. Boiling Blood, Last of Me, and Save us from ourselves to name a few. They're all punky and energetic, fitting for the post apocalyptic political clusterfuck setting of the game. Now with that in mind you'd think Casey and Jeff would compose their classic butt rock music right? Well you assumed wrong. They instead composed a ballad so fucking boring that it can be considered as an alternative for sleeping pills.

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
"What's your 🔥🔥hot take🔥🔥 on the show ❤️🤍🖤💛 RWBY? No actual unpopular opinion tho 😅😂🤣 because that'll make you a hater ROFLFMAO 😍😘👠. ONLY SERIOUS HIVETHINK FOR REAL FANS."

That thread is bound to be the biggest popular opinion circlejerk ever since r/politics and r/unpopularopinion. There is no actual hot take, no actual criticism, and will only consist of Fujoshitbait and hivethink.

Last edited:

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
What makes you say that?
Monty was not a good writer and although he had big ideas he was not capable of bringing them togather in a coherent way. The constant attitude that this show is Monty's "baby" and that Monty had a "vision" for the show has held down the writers and fans from moving on and letting the show evolve and move in it's own direction.

Monty was not a good writer and although he had big ideas he was not capable of bringing them togather in a coherent way
That's why Miles and Kerry were brought on (though some would prefer Shane and Sheena in the roles of those two)

The constant attitude that this show is Monty's "baby" and that Monty had a "vision" for the show has held down the writers and fans from moving on and letting the show evolve and move in it's own direction.
Well, Miles and Kerry have been involved in development long enough that on any other IP, they'd get their own "Created By" Credit unless they turned it down and let Monty have that recognition by himself.

As for "moving on", if the fans and crew were (more) willing to welcome criticism and if they bothered to address things like Shane's letter (on their own or if something regarding the contents and implications of it leaked before that ship sailed), that wouldn't be holding them back. Then again, people are talking about the only way truths about Monty's vision getting out will be through leaks or some statement after cancellation about what would have happened means I won't hold my breath in that regard.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
Well, Miles and Kerry have been involved in development long enough that on any other IP, they'd get their own "Created By" Credit unless they turned it down and let Monty have that recognition by himself.

As for "moving on", if the fans and crew were (more) willing to welcome criticism and if they bothered to address things like Shane's letter (on their own or if something regarding the contents and implications of it leaked before that ship sailed), that wouldn't be holding them back.
This is what I was trying to say, but you worded it far better.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Given how little presence RWBY has had in Japan since Volume 4 wrapped, I'd give it a 25% chance of doing well (or they deliberately only printed a limited run but don't say as much so they can go ZOMG WE SOLD OUT) or commercially just flopping like a fish because by all accounts, Volume 4 did a lot of genuine damage to the series over there and Blazblue's sales indicate RWBY don't have a lot of stopping power solo.

I can see Volume 6 doing well if some people read that Neo got content, but that's it. 5 could only do well if everyone went in blind and didn't hear a single thing about the season's quality drop.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
"What's your 🔥🔥hot take🔥🔥 on the show ❤️🤍🖤💛 RWBY? No actual unpopular opinion tho 😅😂🤣 because that'll make you a hater ROFLFMAO 😍😘👠. ONLY SERIOUS HIVETHINK FOR REAL FANS."

That thread is bound to be the biggest popular opinion circlejerk ever since r/politics and r/unpopularopinion. There is no actual hot take, no actual criticism, and will only consist of Fujoshitbait and hivethink.
I've been on another subreddit that generally talks more critically about the show called r/RWBYCritics. It's a much less hostile environment than you'd think.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
I've been on another subreddit that generally talks more critically about the show called r/RWBYCritics. It's a much less hostile environment than you'd think.
In my experience almost all critics of RWBY are fans of the show that have soured on it. Despite what the fans of the show think RWBY is in no way mainstream and does not appear in the popular dialogue, the only people who care enough to actually discuss it are people who either watched it and like it, or people who watched it and used to like it, or people who are fans of Rooster Teeth in a broader sense and thus are forced to know RWBY since it's RT's big property.