RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

RWBY's Fairytale inspirations are honestly pretty useless in terms of helping a character analysis.
There's no real consistency in how the inspiration plays into the character, except maybe the Wizard of Oz ones, and few of them actually tell you anything about the characters.
How does knowing Ruby is Little Red Riding Hood affect your understanding of her character, or where it's going to go? Or Salem being the Wicked Witch? Hell some aren't even fairytales at all, Coco's a fashion designer Nazi, Neon and the rest of FNKI are memes/in-jokes, and I don't think Sherlock Holmes is a fairytale.
This is why I don't really get why people keep trying to find Neo's allusion, they seldomly matter beyond fueling fan theories.
For a setting that emphasizes fairytales and stories, they really aren't that important in the grand scheme of the plot or setting.

lol, RWBY characters take less from their inspirations than fucking Fate servants, and that’s really saying something.
The allusions and refrences were always superficial. All they're really meant for is references, in jokes, and Easter Eggs. And maybe visual shit like fighting moves.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net
I never get the appeal of naming your group based on the first letter of your name. That already screams autism when it comes to naming. Its like naming the Universal Union from Half-Life 2 as "UU". Like who the fuck actually does that?

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
I never get the appeal of naming your group based on the first letter of your name. That already screams autism when it comes to naming. Its like naming the Universal Union from Half-Life 2 as "UU". Like who the fuck actually does that?
You can blame Monty for that. He has talent when it comes to fighting animations but good lord is he a massive autistic weeaboo. He wants RWBY to feel like an anime down to the superficial anime bullshit like the acronym team names, attack shout outs, and the god forsaken animal niggers faunus. He is also largely to blame with how the writing is shit too, as much as I like to shit on Miles, he's clearly the talent between the galaxy brain duo and can actually write a story continuation if given the proper guideline instead of the bullshit anime homework method Monty loves to sperg about.

AceTriad

kiwifarms.net
You can blame Monty for that. He has talent when it comes to fighting animations but good lord is he a massive autistic weeaboo. He wants RWBY to feel like an anime down to the superficial anime bullshit like the acronym team names, attack shout outs, and the god forsaken animal niggers faunus. He is also largely to blame with how the writing is shit too, as much as I like to shit on Miles, he's clearly the talent between the galaxy brain duo and can actually write a story continuation if given the proper guideline instead of the bullshit anime homework method Monty loves to sperg about.
Wanna cite any examples of good writing from Miles?

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Middle schoolers who are forced to come up with a group name for a project. I can say from experience that when all else failed, you’d just try to make a dumb pun out of everyone’s initials.

AceTriad

kiwifarms.net
He did pen an amazing set of tweets calling Tifa a prostitute. Although good may be subjective here.
Well, what's wrong with Tifa? Miles was just acting like a two-faced hypocrite considering that Tifa was probably an inspiration for Yang. Somehow, he never stopped to think before the cuck opened his big mouth and slut-shamed one of the most iconic, nicest badass women in video game history (and his late friend's fave that inspired his creation)- oh yeah, I forgot - he's progressive. He's not supposed to slut-shame people since the whole slutwalk movement a decade back. Bah, what do I know? He and others of his ilk have no standards at all.

Also, I was asking about which elements of story Miles wrote that made more sense than Monty did.

Also, I was asking about which elements of story Miles wrote that made more sense than Monty did.
My guess: anything that wasn’t centered on fights and the visual design, that was Miles and Kerry, possibly them using a foundation set by Monty because Monty went on record as being just an “idea man” but shit at the writing department and the development aspect, even when it came to rules for the action aspects apparently. And as I’ll keep saying, this was set up early enough that Miles and Kerry could make a claim for a “Created By” credit.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
My guess: anything that wasn’t centered on fights and the visual design, that was Miles and Kerry, possibly them using a foundation set by Monty because Monty went on record as being just an “idea man” but shit at the writing department and the development aspect, even when it came to rules for the action aspects apparently. And as I’ll keep saying, this was set up early enough that Miles and Kerry could make a claim for a “Created By” credit.
IIRC, Monty mentioned something along the lines of saying he wanted to do a fight between X and Y, and Miles and Kerry were there to write how the characters got to that fight.

Monty wanted Raven to randomly attack JNPR in Volume 3, but Miles and Kerry were just like "Even we can't see why the fuck that would happen"

Imagine if it's because she was the one who raided Kuroyuri and led the Grimm to it and she just found the survivors.

That would imply the writers thought that far ahead.
Well, Shane said that Monty had a bunch of reasons for all the shot he did, and it was because of RT changing and cutting shit after he died that the context and reasons were lost. And if they talked to him or Sheena, they would have had the reasons for the scenes Monty put in that they cut.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Well, Shane said that Monty had a bunch of reasons for all the shot he did, and it was because of RT changing and cutting shit after he died that the context and reasons were lost. And if they talked to him or Sheena, they would have had the reasons for the scenes Monty put in that they cut.
Monty had reasons, they were all just bad reasons. I hold to the opinion that Mile and Kerry changed everything after Monty died, which is kind of a shitbag thing to do, but only because they were all terrible ideas, which is decision you kind of have to make when writing.

M&K didn't do much better though. So it kind of evens out in my book.

5ever a crab

kiwifarms.net
I know its painfully obvious but the thing that baffles me about RWBY Chibi is how ugly it looks, and how much it fails to capture the basic nendoroid look they were clearly aiming for.
First, look at how Nendoroids are actually made.
Nendo1.jpg
nendo2.jpg

And now look at RWBY chibi
rwbychibi2.jpg

Retardedly disproportionate eyes (too big, on top of that they're too close to each other), ears way too up high, shapes being too sharp/concaved, skull shape, I could go on.
Even chinese knock-offs do miles better than this. You might as well make them look like funkopops instead.
The bigger insult is that they had an authentic nippon artist making the concept art with turn-arounds and everything, yet they still fucked it up.
rwbychibi1.jpg

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
I know its painfully obvious but the thing that baffles me about RWBY Chibi is how ugly it looks, and how much it fails to capture the basic nendoroid look they were clearly aiming for.
First, look at how Nendoroids are actually made.
View attachment 2341031 View attachment 2341033
And now look at RWBY chibi
View attachment 2341034
Retardedly disproportionate eyes (too big, on top of that they're too close to each other), ears way too up high, shapes being too sharp/concaved, skull shape, I could go on.
Even chinese knock-offs do miles better than this. You might as well make them look like funkopops instead.
The bigger insult is that they had an authentic nippon artist making the concept art with turn-arounds and everything, yet they still fucked it up.
View attachment 2341038

RWBY Chibi looks like everyone got hit with a Boss Baby ray gun rather than chibi art.