RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
'I Burn', one of Yang's backup songs:
DBZ is so ingrained in pop culture that anyone can make a lazy reference to it. Monty being a weeaboo might genuinely liked it but likely just threw it in there, iirc the song writer didn't even watch RWBY to make his lyrics (at least in the early Volumes). I'm not convinced this is even a serious post, it's just some shipper seeing some dots and making a reach like a TVTroper.

Yay. I literally can't wait to never mention that shit to anyone I play with ever.
Just see it as one of the saddest ways to show how an IP has a bigger franchise. (Seriously, when was the last time you heard an IP had a D and D campaign/show be declared to be canon to the IP in question? Is RWBY really that desperate to show its supplemental material?)

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
Just see it as one of the saddest ways to show how an IP has a bigger franchise. (Seriously, when was the last time you heard an IP had a D and D campaign/show be declared to be canon to the IP in question? Is RWBY really that desperate to show its supplemental material?)
Dragonlance. But Krynn was effectively a Faerun flavor pack anyways.

Free to watch? Was this some recorded homebrew campaign?
Well, here’s the details: 6F069F9F-9B17-4CB6-AB7D-3F3B0AA7171C.jpeg59381EAA-9DD7-4419-BE72-8983A1ADB20B.jpeg

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Jesus christ, why does everyone want that Critical Role money?
Because it's so much fucking money and it's so fucking easy.

It makes (at least, by very conservative estimates) $75,000/month from Twitch alone (before merch, whatever else) for what's essentially Matt Mercer and his friends fucking around and playing D&D in their downtime.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Because it's so much fucking money and it's so fucking easy.

It makes (at least, by very conservative estimates) $75,000/month from Twitch alone (before merch, whatever else) for what's essentially Matt Mercer and his friends fucking around and playing D&D in their downtime.
But nobody is capable of capturing that audience or even a fraction of that success. Every single D&D show I see barely scraps by with 1~5k views. People that like critical role won't abandon it for anything else, and they won't add others to their watch lists because "ThAtS nOt HoW MaTt MeRcEr PlAyS"

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
But nobody is capable of capturing that audience or even a fraction of that success. Every single D&D show I see barely scraps by with 1~5k views. People that like critical role won't abandon it for anything else, and they won't add others to their watch lists because "ThAtS nOt HoW MaTt MeRcEr PlAyS"
The bold part of @Tanner Glass comment should just be "Its so fucking easy", because that's the only reason they are doing it.

It won't ever actually work because RT has been trying to get on the Critical role money train for 5+ years and only the first one was semi-successful, which they utterly ruined by going full insufferable political pandering by awkwardly shoving a Trump character into the story (and Geoff's marriage coming apart behind the scenes).

Every single attempt afterwards (and there are SO MANY attempts) have completely and utterly failed on arrival.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Critical Role and its consequences have been a disaster for the TableTop hobby.
Normal fags running head first into Tabletop because of critical roll are worse than "that guy"'s by being an unbearable virus that starts off well, then slowly ruins games from the inside out. Which is pretty much RT's current audience.

At least "that guy" have the decency of blatantly being pieces of shit and getting quickly kicked from the group.

Last edited:

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
Normal fags running head first into Tabletop because of critical roll are worse than "that guy"'s by being an unbearable virus that starts off well, then slowly ruins games from the inside out. Which is pretty much for RT's current audience.

At least "that guy" have the decency of blatantly being pieces of shit and getting quickly kicked from the group.
The popularization of TTRPG is a nightmare scenario to begin with, but the Mercer Effect is something that I've dealt with first hand multiple times and it's never pretty. Theatre kids ruin everything they touch.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
True, but the allure of Critical Role (for other content creators, like Rooster Teeth) is that it's so much money and it's incredibly easy.

It's actually not easy and Critical Role just makes it look pretty easy by putting together a group of people who happen to be actually good friends who have actual real chemistry which is not something that you're going to stumble onto randomly - and certainly not at the Rooster Teeth office.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
Now that it's free has anyone watched the RWBY DnD campaign? I doubt the game itself is interesting, but maybe the homebrew shit they added to the campaign itself could be salvageable.