RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Skipjack-o-lantern

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Yes, but not all villains are the same. Suddenly making one a rapist or pedophile for a character that doesn't fit is just dumb.

Though, I don't think a 26 year old flirting with a 19 year old is much cause for alarm. And I never trust when someone says something is coded anymore.
"This adult flirted (allegedly) with another adult. This is pedophilia coded (source: dude trust me)."

3MMA

kiwifarms.net
“Coded” is best translated to “ignore this opinion,” & get more info at your leisure. Followed that link just up thread re: Roman & Neo book spoilers. Found this:
Apparently Neo kills her parents & has dissociative identity disorder?
08B2BBA1-EF32-4523-84AA-65736CEE897C.jpeg
Ignoring the opinions of these fan-tards, looks like maybe, (hard on the maybe,) Neo has said Dx, or it could be a tumblrina-style diagnosis & not explicitly stated in the new book. Couldn’t say as I haven’t read it. Kills parents is also said, & that one is easier to believe. Not sure what’s so “hilarious” about the sad & rare DID Dx, again not self Dx’d tumblr BS, but the realities of that mental state. Far from hilarity. I’d take all conjectures from these guys w/ a grain of salt, except basic info easily cross checked, like killing parents.
Link to decide for yourself, not really worth an archive atm, if ever.
Not much info yet.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net

For the good members of team KIWI
So, Roman isn't even the brains of the operation anymore, he's just Neo's goon who gets to pretend he's in charge?

So, Roman isn't even the brains of the operation anymore, he's just Neo's goon who gets to pretend he's in charge?
Isn't "competent henchman with stupid leader" a common villain trope that's older than RWBY? Or just a derivative of something that's more than just villains and just something that's just a thing for a boss and an employee? Also, Neo running the show and being the main force of things is something I believe the show has done for a while when they were together while Roman just stood around and looked menacing.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
Isn't "competent henchman with stupid leader" a common villain trope that's older than RWBY? Or just a derivative of something that's more than just villains and just something that's just a thing for a boss and an employee? Also, Neo running the show and being the main force of things is something I believe the show has done for a while when they were together while Roman just stood around and looked menacing.
It's a common trope, never implied with Torchwick though and it usually doesn't go to such an extent, outside of comedies, that it makes the leader utterly pointless. All their appearances made Neo out to just be the muscle, an invaluable tool who's semblance made for many creative possibilities. Torchwick was still the head of the outfit who knew how to put those powers to use and rally people to work with him. If this summary is to be believed, he's just kind of a dumb violent asshole who keeps rushing into dangerous situations he can't handle because he wants to get his name out there and constantly getting his ass saved while Neo and others come up with the plan because Neo likes him.

@TheAmbiguousLurker quote isn't working so I'll say this: from what I remember of Roman in RWBY proper, Roman's deal was "lie, cheat, steal, and survive" and those means were taken with a "by any means necessary" approach. And he never really cared about being some grand criminal who makes a big deal of how many people want him like how One Piece makes a deal out of bounties. And then there was the aspect of him being roped into being a lackey for Cinder, so it's not like rushing into shit is OOC for him. The only real thing of note was his dust robberies and working with the White Fang in The Beacon Arc that led to those seasons being more than "anime high school hijinks". If anything, it sounds like the summary is forgetting the main part why people liked Roman: his charisma.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2533569

I never thought RWBY could reach farther than the bottom of the barrel when it came to pandering and virtue-signaling, but here we are.
I'm all for the vaccines, but this right here is making me second guess it with how fucking cringe it is.

What's next, going to announce that my boi Ironwood is team antivax?

A Very Big Fish

Níl sa saol seo ach ceo
kiwifarms.net
Are the doctors in the world of RWBY just uniformly exceptional? They were bandaged on the outside of their clothes. I guess the crew couldn't be fucked to roll up their sleeves?

Personally, I'm vaxxed and loving the autism so far, but all the propoganda and legislation around it makes me wish that the syringe had been full of fucking bleach.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Are the doctors in the world of RWBY just uniformly exceptional? They were bandaged on the outside of their clothes. I guess the crew couldn't be fucked to roll up their sleeves?
...I hadn't noticed that. Is it too hard to model them without their jackets? Well, I already know it's not, fan animators have them modelled fully nude with gigantic dicks and they aren't paid.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2533569

I never thought RWBY could reach farther than the bottom of the barrel when it came to pandering and virtue-signaling, but here we are.
Why did Yang get the vaccine in her right arm? Will the prosthetic screw up the process?
It'd be funny since Ironwood has been all for lockdowns.
And the writers still portrayed him as the villain without understanding why people felt he had a point isolating Atlas from the Grimm after governments all around the world enforced mandates like what Ironwood did.