RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Not really. By all means if they need more time to finish something, take more time. Hell Volume 8’s finale wasn’t even finished until the moment they aired it.
You mean to tell me that they still haven't learned from when it was first being made? How the fuck do you manage to keep making basic mistakes for this long?

You mean to tell me that they still haven't learned from when it was first being made? How the fuck do you manage to keep making basic mistakes for this long?
Well, from what I heard, apparently the things that took to the last minute was some finishing touches on some sound editing. I don't know production THAT well, so I can't say if that's normal or not.

As for "this long", RWBY has it where they always have the release on a yearly basis in the same time of the year, so production may not have time to polish things up before they have to meet deadlines unless they have the season like South Park where they get episodes done in the matter of a week, albeit longer because South Park is done in a way where production can be done quickly and Trey Parker and Matt Stone feel that's good for them.

And then you have the incidents over Gen Lock and the RT crunch....

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Well, from what I heard, apparently the things that took to the last minute was some finishing touches on some sound editing. I don't know production THAT well, so I can't say if that's normal or not.

As for "this long", RWBY has it where they always have the release on a yearly basis in the same time of the year, so production may not have time to polish things up before they have to meet deadlines unless they have the season like South Park where they get episodes done in the matter of a week, albeit longer because South Park is done in a way where production can be done quickly and Trey Parker and Matt Stone feel that's good for them.

And then you have the incidents over Gen Lock and the RT crunch....
South Park is very unique when it comes to the production of it, largely as it is very simple in design. Most of the effort in SP is in the writing and most of the voicework comes from a very small group of people, with most actors voicing multiple people. But in the larger picture no animated series can be compared to it, especially a series that lost any relevance in the market.

From the beginning RWBY had problems with being ready on time, with things being added at the last minute. From obvious animation errors (Nora being above the ground in one scene that needed to be fixed), overnight changes to the plot (though most of that was on Monty. He shoehorned in penny's fight scene in volume 1 and apparently Miles had no knowledge of it until it aired) and just being plain unfinished (the multiple 5 minute part 2s).

If you knew nothing about how badly run RT is, you wouldn't think any of that would be possible and production issues would be ironed out after being at it for years. The fact that things are still this bad indicates that something is seriously wrong, with even the more independent DB needing to buy for time mid production. And I highly doubt RT ever stopped the forced crunch, they needed it just to get shit finished and it's not like things have gotten any better.

You mentioned Genlock and I wonder why they thought it would work. Between wasting money on celebrities, the awful animation and the unoriginal plot, it's surprising that it would ever have gotten greenlit. Add on a first episode that misses the point of a first episode, to introduce us to the main cast and the overarching plot, with the rest of the series hidden behind the no value subscription and you have a dud waiting to happen.

SheerHeartAttack

I have diagnosed you with cringe.
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who can't wait for Warner to sell the RWBY IP so it can have a reboot? The current dumpster fire is amusing but I want either a good show or an even bigger dumpster fire involving people much larger than the current E-List internet celebs involved.
I personally can't wait for LeBron Jame's role as Pyrhha, they're both Celebrity Athletes after all and we can't have a red head without them being played by a black person for some reason.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who can't wait for Warner to sell the RWBY IP so it can have a reboot? The current dumpster fire is amusing but I want either a good show or an even bigger dumpster fire involving people much larger than the current E-List internet celebs involved.
As good as it may sound, it'll never happen. RWBY is the only thing RT has with any value. If Warner were ever to sell RT they would need to keep RWBY with it to even hope for a reasonable price.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
As good as it may sound, it'll never happen. RWBY is the only thing RT has with any value. If Warner were ever to sell RT they would need to keep RWBY with it to even hope for a reasonable price.
It may be better from a business perspective to shutter RT and sell their one profitable IP or turn it over to Cartoon Network which Warner also owns.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Funny how that’s the rumor that gets repeated every few months.
Probably because on paper it seems like the best outcome. RT's animation department is the only one pumping out anything that could escape the internet landscape. Almost everything else is stuck as content you could only watch online. Playing video games and dnd sessions have no broad scale appeal and rely on personalities to last for long periods of time, so remain niche and the average person (aka not us or RT fans) would never watch it. They barely under stand playing these games, let alone watching them.

DB isn't something that can sell anything of its own. The card game they made barely felt like the show, Though that is because DB relies on other companies IPs to even have a series to begin with. It's telling that The only merch have been of the logo.

The only other things they offer are podcasts. Lots and lots of podcasts. It's like each department has a podcast, and there was overlap in the podcasts. When off topic started for ah you still had ah members on the main podcast and on the patch, Gus was also on both the main podcast and on the the patch. They were literally competing with themselves.

Meanwhile RT animation has created some, while insanely bad (oh hai genlock) and underutilized (like nomad of nowhere) IPs. Outside of RVB, which could theoretically be stopped by microsoft at any time, These have a value that could be expanded if given to the correct team*. RT is a toxic brand and getting rid of it while salvaging what they can would be a harsh and pragmatic solution. Most people now dislike RT and so would if they heard this, would want to believe it, and thus spread it.

Despite making sense to those who see this picture, it's unlikely to happen, at least in the near future. RT for some unexplained reason had managed to get a contract with hasbro for a transformer series. They'd need another failure like the original season of genlock for something too happen. Or maybe another crunch scandal, there have been attempts to push for a second earlier in the year.

* Except ironically RWBY. Shit's way too toxic now to be helped.

Edit: it should be pointed out just how toxic the personalities at RT are. The amount of autism there puts Chris Chan to shame.

Last edited:
I've shown interest in this series a couple of times but never really watched it, and looking through the reactions seems to indicate that it was a trash fire even before these recent seasons.

I'm curious, is there anything about this show that can be considered decent or a good idea, from characters to concepts? I'm not trying to defend the show; I am well aware of how much of a noxious pile of shit it's turned into. I'm simply wondering if there are any genuine merits to it, if it ever had any to begin with.