RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Celtic Phoenix is a retarded sped who's probably stumbled into success with Fixing RWBY on accident rather than through any actual talent or skill, but that doesn't change the fact that Fixing RWBY is probably the best work of it's kind which doesn't just completely rewrite the entire setting of the original RWBY. Another thing to keep in mind with that series though is that he really isn't doing anything all that interesting or groundbreaking with it, he's basically taking a pretty generic story and adding a bit of polish to it and his version still kicks the shit out of anything Miles, Kerry, and Monty could produce.

Oh for sure. Since Celtic has gotten some help with writing it's gotten way better, too. It's about the best we'll get for now.
And since each installment is over an hour long, they can make for great background noise.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
I'm quite partial to RWBY: Alt because I love works with in-depth worldbuilding, but it's so different from the source material that it might as well just be its own thing. It also unfortunately got discontinued this year, which doesn't help.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
I'm quite partial to RWBY: Alt because I love works with in-depth worldbuilding, but it's so different from the source material that it might as well just be its own thing. It also unfortunately got discontinued this year, which doesn't help.
That's the issue with rebooting rwby. With how much is wrong with it, by the time you fix everything how much does it look like the thing you tried to fix? By that point the effort would be better spent just creating something original, no longer held back by the restraints of an okay idea executed poorly by a bunch of directionless autists.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
RWBY:Alternate was ultimately murdered by two things:

1) Jerry isn't very good for much beyond being an "idea guy"

2) There was no direction of any kind and community world building invariably produces nothing but garbage, if you want a good idea of how bad RWBY:alt got peruse through a couple of the streams they did reading through the community wordpad for the setting, it is pure retardation.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net

2) There was no direction of any kind and community world building invariably produces nothing but garbage, if you want a good idea of how bad RWBY:alt got peruse through a couple of the streams they did reading through the community wordpad for the setting, it is pure retardation.
I only ever watched the two main videos that he posted, so I wasn't aware of the rot. Community worldbuilding does often lead to retardation lmao. It only really works on rare occasions and usually in the instance of where a creator pulls a handful of talented people out of the community to work as a team. Big melting pots of ideas with little refinement and no coherence literally never work out well.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
I only ever watched the two main videos that he posted, so I wasn't aware of the rot. Community worldbuilding does often lead to retardation lmao. It only really works on rare occasions and usually in the instance of where a creator pulls a handful of talented people out of the community to work as a team. Big melting pots of ideas with little refinement and no coherence literally never work out well.
That or you need to take the SS13 approach where it's been around for twenty years and so the stuff that works has stuck around and the stuff that's really retarded has had the time to die.

Suikafag

MoguMogu intensifies
kiwifarms.net

>Murdered
That implies it died for good.

Nah its coming back it seems.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
Oh boy, can't wait to see how this ends. I'll be honest and say that this smells like desperation, his only non RWBYAlt videos that get serious views are the one minute meme vids he makes that are tied to already popular franchises.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

That's the issue with rebooting rwby. With how much is wrong with it, by the time you fix everything how much does it look like the thing you tried to fix? By that point the effort would be better spent just creating something original, no longer held back by the restraints of an okay idea executed poorly by a bunch of directionless autists.
So you know the story of Jerry Freeman and RWBY: Alt.

Well, here's what came of it:

Last edited:

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Wait, what? That's his Light in the Fire story?
Yes, here's a humorous video that covers the tip of the iceberg. If you don't want to spend $9, here's the original Madoka fic.

The current internet writing scene circlejerk is obsessed with worldbuilding but keeps forgetting you have to do something WITH that world for anyone to really care. Like having a dollhouse with no dolls in it.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

The current internet writing scene circlejerk is obsessed with worldbuilding but keeps forgetting you have to do something WITH that world for anyone to really care. Like having a dollhouse with no dolls in it.
That’s what happens when you feel the only way to improve something is to blow it all up and start from zero.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
Looking at the word counts on the original fanfic is eye opening as to what Celtic thinks is long or short in writing. Dude rarely writes more than 10k words and usually seems to hover around 3k-5k, so I can see why he sees 103 pages as some kind of epic.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
From what I heard, Nora getting a backstory focus in V7 was misinformation and was never in the cards. Either way, try to delay Team RWBY getting maiden powers.

And now it seems the whole Atlas arc could be worse than V5.

Might as well put this in. A56CAAF9-EA9F-4AF5-A7F0-1C75966DF391.jpeg496B4E1C-ADAB-4DFF-9931-4FFD27991728.jpeg

Last edited: