RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
A reminder that the whole Characters Are Named After Colors Rule is because the Great War was because a territory dispute turned into a full up war against Individualism and Art as a concept, and the winners decided to name their kids after a fundamental part of art (color).
Which means that if these Anti-Art assholes won, people would all be in jumpsuits that no one could customize in any capacity, music would not exist, whistle and you're up against the wall, and everyone is exactly the same.
Firstly, why would anyone agree with this? Like, usually when art is suppressed or destroyed it's because of the meaning behind it or to suppress the culture behind it. Even the Nazis liked art provided it was art they liked.
Secondly, if this mindset so prevelant enough to cause the biggest war in Remnant's history, then where did all these unironic Worse than Hitlers disappear to? I mean, WWII was 80 years ago and we still have edgy Nazis running around.
Thirdly, in-universe it was Atlas and Vale that were the aggressors in this war, yet for some godforsaken reason Oz thought that leaving Atlas militarized would be a good idea? And if apparently Atlas merging it's military with it's Huntsmen program is so shady, why did no other Kingdom at least try to put a stop to it? You'd think the other Kingdoms wouldn't want Atlas using it's huntsmen for war-mogering.

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
A reminder that the whole Characters Are Named After Colors Rule is because the Great War was because a territory dispute turned into a full up war against Individualism and Art as a concept, and the winners decided to name their kids after a fundamental part of art (color).
Which means that if these Anti-Art assholes won, people would all be in jumpsuits that no one could customize in any capacity, music would not exist, whistle and you're up against the wall, and everyone is exactly the same.
Firstly, why would anyone agree with this? Like, usually when art is suppressed or destroyed it's because of the meaning behind it or to suppress the culture behind it. Even the Nazis liked art provided it was art they liked.
Secondly, if this mindset so prevelant enough to cause the biggest war in Remnant's history, then where did all these unironic Worse than Hitlers disappear to? I mean, WWII was 80 years ago and we still have edgy Nazis running around.
Thirdly, in-universe it was Atlas and Vale that were the aggressors in this war, yet for some godforsaken reason Oz thought that leaving Atlas militarized would be a good idea? And if apparently Atlas merging it's military with it's Huntsmen program is so shady, why did no other Kingdom at least try to put a stop to it? You'd think the other Kingdoms wouldn't want Atlas using it's huntsmen for war-mogering.
Color War is hilarious, but only exists because that’s how libtards conceptualize conflicts like WW2.

Juan's Sombrero

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh! No actual thinking required here, hater!

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
It's amazing how one could pick apart the "lore" behind what's started as basically trying to make a story out of a bunch of fight animation on places like Newgrounds.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't mind seeing someone do an in=depth takedown of the lore and other stuff.
Could be fun but ultimately you're going to run into the issue of "What the fuck even is cannon?" and quite frankly I can only think of so many different ways for someone to say "None of this works."

Although it could be another avenue for a good Alt/Fixing RWBY series if you took the lore and critiqued it and tried to slightly change it to make it work.

Juan's Sombrero

kiwifarms.net
It's amazing how one could pick apart the "lore" behind what's started as basically trying to make a story out of a bunch of fight animation on places like Newgrounds.
I wouldn't mind seeing someone do an in=depth takedown of the lore and other stuff.
Could be fun but ultimately you're going to run into the issue of "What the fuck even is cannon?" and quite frankly I can only think of so many different ways for someone to say "None of this works."

Although it could be another avenue for a good Alt/Fixing RWBY series if you took the lore and critiqued it and tried to slightly change it to make it work.
Once you grow up, any "problems" you think you had in college seem more and more trivial. Oh no! My favorite author doesn't want men in women's spaces! Let's start a global war to kill the TERFs.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net
Color? Anti-Art? Wut?

RWBY was a shit concept from the start, change my mind.

Juan's Sombrero

kiwifarms.net
I'm referring to RWBYs bullshit reason as to why the so-called "war" even happened, and spawning the "color naming rule".

Color? Seriously? They could have just said "free expression", but even that's less of a motive for war. Unless it was insanely totalitarian, what use would outright war had served based on those logistics?