RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
I'm referring to RWBYs bullshit reason as to why the so-called "war" even happened, and spawning the "color naming rule".

Color? Seriously? They could have just said "free expression", but even that's less of a motive for war. Unless it was insanely totalitarian, what use would outright war had served based on those logistics?
The sarcasm didn't translate through text.

Juan's Sombrero

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
One thing is clear and it's that you can point and laugh at someone who might brags about knowing the entirety of RWBY's content then asks if they actually know something that might be useful in the real life.

The reaction is usually priceless.
What do you mean?

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
A reminder that the whole Characters Are Named After Colors Rule is because the Great War was because a territory dispute turned into a full up war against Individualism and Art as a concept, and the winners decided to name their kids after a fundamental part of art (color).
Which means that if these Anti-Art assholes won, people would all be in jumpsuits that no one could customize in any capacity, music would not exist, whistle and you're up against the wall, and everyone is exactly the same.
Firstly, why would anyone agree with this? Like, usually when art is suppressed or destroyed it's because of the meaning behind it or to suppress the culture behind it. Even the Nazis liked art provided it was art they liked.
Secondly, if this mindset so prevelant enough to cause the biggest war in Remnant's history, then where did all these unironic Worse than Hitlers disappear to? I mean, WWII was 80 years ago and we still have edgy Nazis running around.
Thirdly, in-universe it was Atlas and Vale that were the aggressors in this war, yet for some godforsaken reason Oz thought that leaving Atlas militarized would be a good idea? And if apparently Atlas merging it's military with it's Huntsmen program is so shady, why did no other Kingdom at least try to put a stop to it? You'd think the other Kingdoms wouldn't want Atlas using it's huntsmen for war-mogering.
The other thing behind this too is that art.... You're not human or sentient if you don't want art. And yeah, even the most totalitarian governments want to use art for their expression.

I've probably forgotten about this, I've probably not remembered in a while, but again, Monty Oum could have had better writers and creators should he had bothered. Sure, he didn't, he did not think this through, and what's here now is what is as our present, but I still hold strong that if he had the right people, he could have had his visuals be fleshed out more so than what the fuck Kerry and Miles brought to the table, and in a best case scenario, his writers would be able to keep up with his ideas and vision and go fucking crazy.

You can’t even do that. It is all so shallow and childish, there’s no depth to do an in depth takedown.
You kidding me?

I've done it ages ago. I still stand strong with it.

If anything, I feel that any attempt to "fix" or rewrite RWBY is pointless. You're better off creating your own fantasy world and doing your own thing.

Dang Woodchucks!

Haachama Prometheus
kiwifarms.net
Man, when you realize that RWBY was just Monty's first attempt at creating his "totes cool" original constructed world that runs on "Rool of Cool" and that if he had ever stopped for five seconds to really, just take in how bad the big fat sloppy turd he had dropped really was, he could have gotten back to the drawing board and try to make it slightly more coherent, if still running on the whole "it's just animu, don't think about it too hard" mechanic.

But the people that he counted on wrangling him were fucking retards too. :story:

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
I've probably forgotten about this, I've probably not remembered in a while, but again, Monty Oum could have had better writers and creators should he had bothered. Sure, he didn't, he did not think this through, and what's here now is what is as our present, but I still hold strong that if he had the right people, he could have had his visuals be fleshed out more so than what the fuck Kerry and Miles brought to the table, and in a best case scenario, his writers would be able to keep up with his ideas and vision and go fucking crazy.
This is on Monty though. He regularly went behind his writer's backs to add to the series without their knowledge. He kept adding to it, without thinking of how cohesive the ideas were. They regularly missed deadlines under him, which lead to the 5 minute long part 2s which only existed because of the bad work flow.

The "right people" would've needed to control when Monty worked, just to be sure of what was going on. Hell, they may have needed to keep him from animating. As long as Monty was in control, they were essentially captainless. A lot of the blame for the early issues should land on Monty, but because people deify him, they just blame the 2 chucklefucks who got left holding the bag.

Just for clarity anything after volume 3 is entirely their fault.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
RWBY Rewrite: Just add Dialogue!

Also, a picture is worth a thousand words.
4076DEAD-7135-436E-B6B6-6B5807F7C2AD.jpeg

Last edited:

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
RWBY Rewrite: Just add Dialogue!

Also, a picture is worth a thousand words.
View attachment 2631934
Celtic's audio editing remains his Achilles Heel, but great episode overall.

As for the art controversy:
SJW-type fans are truly opportunistic, huh. It's like they wake up every day laying down traps for whatever poor sap, hoping they can find another victim for their ravenous egos. If a day goes by that they don't prove they're morally better than you, what's even the point?