RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
tbh an animation studio shaving corners where people probably won’t notice it on the first go isn’t exactly a new thing. Even Renaissance Disney did this.
31EFE8DB-F8E1-4231-A16B-72FED15305AA.gif

You can see Gaston is a still frame behind the bimbettes for a solid 3 seconds before his lifting animation kicks in. You don’t notice that instantly because your attention is drawn to the bimbettes.
Every animation company does this sort of shit, because animation is expensive and time-consuming as hell to make. These sorts of things can be fun to look for and notice.

Last edited:

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
tbh an animation studio shaving corners where people probably won’t notice it on the first go isn’t exactly a new thing. Even Renaissance Disney did this.
View attachment 2638852
You can see Gaston is a still frame behind the bimbettes for a solid 3 seconds before his lifting animation kicks in. You don’t notice that instantly because your attention is drawn to the bimbettes.
Every animation company does this sort of shit, because animation is expensive and time-consuming as hell to make. These sorts of things can be fun to look for and notice.
Excuse me, are you calling Disney lazy? Could you actually be racist?

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
And to think, if they had just used just double checked their work, it all could've been avoided.

How does death battle's second ever 3d battle manage to hide the same problem back in 2013 yet RT makes an amateur mistake?

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
Excuse me, are you calling Disney lazy? Could you actually be racist?
Not ‘lazy‘ per se. At least for that specific moment I used. The background of Gaston’s song was already incredibly animated as is (three fully-animated background characters are also in that gif).
When you on a schedule like B&tB was, a few corners were bound to get shaved where they could. B&tB went through a huge script rewrite and was made into a musical, which led to the movie having to be completed on a compressed timeline in 2 years because they spent half of the usual 4 year Disney Feature Animation production working on a radically different version that got completely scrapped in the rewrite and musicalization. It’s a miracle enough that the movie was as animated as it ended up being in the end.
These sorts of animation errors aren’t even that bad. If you had to have the error be pointed out to you after several watches through, I can’t really say it’s that substantial of a flaw.
Same goes for RWBY/RoosterTeeth. There’s way more to talk about than small mistakes in animation.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net

Well, it's official. The storylines for Jermas 3 day dollhouse experiment had better thought out plots than all of RWBY.
Are any of us truly surprised? The original ideas man was an autist who wasted effort removing keys off his keyboard for "efficiency" and was supposed to be managed by two lesser autists who sucked at their jobs.

On a more serious note, the lack of thought was a major problem with RT as a whole. I'm not surprised that almost everything has more thought put into it than rwby. I doubt I'd be wrong to say sonichu had more thought put in it.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
1) What is an "asexual personality?", Lindsay?
Baically, Lindsay is saying that Ruby could be asexual since she's shown no interest in getting into a relationship, nor has she been shown to be attracted to any character in the show to date.
Why are these RWBY nerds always so shallow?
Because the show itself is pretty shallow thanks to the skill level of the people making it.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Baically, Lindsay is saying that Ruby could be asexual since she's shown no interest in getting into a relationship, nor has she been shown to be attracted to any character in the show to date.

Because the show itself is pretty shallow thanks to the skill level of the people making it.
So because a character who's defining trait is their singleminded drive to save the world hasn't made the mistake of trying to get boned, they must be asexual. It's also a just a stupid question too. We don't see the MHA fandom asking questions about the cast's sexualities, but then again MHA's characters have more depth than a puddle.

A better question to ask is what the fuck is Ruby's character supposed to be? She was introduced as an immature, antisocial fanatic of weapons who had a drive to be a huntress. A simple dream for a simple person who wears their heart on their sleeve. But now there is non of that. She's a distrusting schemer who makes motivational speeches. It's like we have 2 completely different characters but they wield the same weapon and powers.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
So because a character who's defining trait is their singleminded drive to save the world hasn't made the mistake of trying to get boned, they must be asexual. It's also a just a stupid question too. We don't see the MHA fandom asking questions about the cast's sexualities, but then again MHA's characters have more depth than a puddle.

A better question to ask is what the fuck is Ruby's character supposed to be? She was introduced as an immature, antisocial fanatic of weapons who had a drive to be a huntress. A simple dream for a simple person who wears their heart on their sleeve. But now there is non of that. She's a distrusting schemer who makes motivational speeches. It's like we have 2 completely different characters but they wield the same weapon and powers.
As I always say: Ruby Rose isn’t a character. She’s a mascot.