RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Celtic Phoenix has now uploaded the V5 finale.
Told y'all. He ended up just keeping the dumbest plot beats on V5 with the same bad pacing and buildup, just slightly differently. Worst is Vernal's death, which was built up to be a cheap gutpunch, then wasn't even really given a moment of mourning from Raven. His excuse is that Raven is "stoic and emotionally immature," apparently enough to override motherly instinct.

Celtic and his pals have also been patrolling the comment section to argue against any criticism. He claims to be able to take critique, but what he really means is he just wants to refute and dismiss it so he can feel smart.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Told y'all. He ended up just keeping the dumbest plot beats on V5 with the same bad pacing and buildup, just slightly differently. Worst is Vernal's death, which was built up to be a cheap gutpunch, then wasn't even really given a moment of mourning from Raven. His excuse is that Raven is "stoic and emotionally immature," apparently enough to override motherly instinct.

Celtic and his pals have also been patrolling the comment section to argue against any criticism. He claims to be able to take critique, but what he really means is he just wants to refute and dismiss it so he can feel smart.
I thought that lack of mourning was because V5, both this Celtic series and in canon, made it that she didn’t mourn because of her steadfast Social Darwinist views and behind those, the fact that the only person she really cares about is herself.

Well, he’s always done a response Stream for feedback, so I don’t really have issues of him trying to explain himself. At least his explanations and rationale could be funny.

Last edited:

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
I thought that lack of mourning was because V5, both this Celtic series and in canon, made it that she didn’t mourn because of her steadfast Social Darwinist views and behind those, the fact that the only person she really cares about is herself.

Well, he’s always done a response Stream for feedback, so I don’t really have issues of him trying to explain himself. At least his explanations and rationale could be funny.
In the original V5, Raven actually makes it a point to thank Vernal and close her eyes. In Fixing, with the added element of Vernal being Raven's daughter, doing nothing feels stupid, especially with how Vernal's main relationship was Weiss for shipbait (again, to make the death even cheaper). Celtic struggles a lot with writing realistic feeling interpersonal relationships; his "published book" (nameswapped fanfic) is quite a trip because of this.

There's a difference between addressing common questions and saying everything you did was actually the best option, then having your crew go out to attack people. For example, this guy has had criticism of the videos before, and Celtic admits to deleting his old comments. I know of a few others who'd get their critical comments deleted as well.

1639341185640.png

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
This should be expected from someone who considers Fatmanfalling clever.

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Going back quickly to the talk on Maya and the transfer after Volume 3, part of the bigger problem with how the show looks and animates now comes down to the animators just never being given enough time to do the show justice. Miles and Kerry have blatantly admitted that for Volumes 4 through 6 that they were chronically late which meant that the animators had way less time to even know for sure who they would be animating in a fight, much less the fight itself (apparently the scripts for Volume 4 were only finalized around the time episode 6 was releasing).

It's still a problem that's impacting the animation today as Eddy noted in the V8 commentary he likes to make small last minute changes like Jaune's sword breaking in the finale, which just means even more workload for the animation staff.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
In the original V5, Raven actually makes it a point to thank Vernal and close her eyes. In Fixing, with the added element of Vernal being Raven's daughter, doing nothing feels stupid, especially with how Vernal's main relationship was Weiss for shipbait (again, to make the death even cheaper). Celtic struggles a lot with writing realistic feeling interpersonal relationships; his "published book" (nameswapped fanfic) is quite a trip because of this.

There's a difference between addressing common questions and saying everything you did was actually the best option, then having your crew go out to attack people. For example, this guy has had criticism of the videos before, and Celtic admits to deleting his old comments. I know of a few others who'd get their critical comments deleted as well.

View attachment 2795088
Rewatching the scene, you're right about Raven thanking Vernal. I remember Celtic and I'm seeing commentors mention that the scenes with Vernal mention that the Fixing gave Vernal an actual character beyond a red herring for the Maiden ploy, so the death scene feels like it has more weight than a "gut punch".

Also, I thought it'd be cool to see some comments and some of Celtic's responses before the response stream.

Y'all ever thought of just... making a Rwby equivalent? Rooster Teeth doesn't have a monopoly on swords-that-are-also-guns or cool monster designs. If you and your team reached out to some animators I'm sure you could get something off the ground.

Celtic Phoenix
I’ve considered it *highly*, but the appeal of RWBY is more than just “swords-that-are-also-guns”. It’s a unique combination of elements, such as character designs, world building (like aura and semblance), choreography, etc. Any attempt to transmute Fixing RWBY into an original property would almost necessarily have to risk losing one or most of those elements to avoid breaching copyright.

My criticism: Why not have a bounty hunter guild help the kids on Criminal extraction/detainment missions? Just a thought, I kind of have a head canon that Bounty hunters and Huntsman hate each other for different reasons ie how Bounty hunters detain there charges and how Huntsman are just glorified do gooders that have everyones respect and the huntsman in training have a chaperone with years of experience this bridging the gap of understanding between the two differing warrior classes. Now I understand that this entire script was made months ago and what not and will not expect such changes at all sense I do see that it can be a bit redundant depending on how such a thing is handled amd even looking back seems kind of redundant sense well in your universe they obviously do not exist sense Huntsman fullfil both grim clearing and criminal detainment, but thats just me

Celtic Phoenix
Yeah Huntsmen are the Bounty Hunters in this universe. I've never once implied that they are these moral pillars... like, I've portrayed that they're supposed to be, but at the end of the day it's just a job for most of them. There's goodies, baddies, and all the mix in-between.

This is both dark and yet also funny. But I have to ask. When did Juane turn into Cloud Strife in Plate Mail?

Celtic Phoenix
Fixing RWBY, Volume 4. That's when XD Don't worry, he'll grow out of it I'm sure. ... Just with less Banana Hair.

Okay that is funny. I just hope he does not stay in his emo phase or get a Giant Blade of Overcompensation.

Phoenix
That too has been thrown out the window. Who needs big sword when smaller sword do good too?

First step to improving rwby, Yang trying to save blake: get rid of it, put in Weiss life being in danger at Adam's hands(more sensible villian motivation)and have blake barely save her. Have yang actually worry about her little sister No yang meets adam = no loss of arm = yang having the potential to get stronger with brain cells intact. More sensible conflict between blake and weiss. Sounds fair in my book

Celtic Phoenix
That would constitute an uncalled for number of changes from the Fixing format. I’ve spent the last four volumes rectifying what was unsatisfactory about the Adam/Yang/Blake dynamic, and so far I think it’s worked out really well. It’s also a really strange place to start? Like… of all the problems to have with RWBY, the death of a side antagonist who had already had his personality scrambled? That’s the hill to die on as your first line of attack? I don’t see the logic when there were so many other underlying issues that needed repair first…
Must be nice to have 5 years to do something they had less than one to do. Why don't you put the time and effort into creating your own world? Instead of taking shots at people creating and publishing one for us to enjoy in real time? I appreciate what they work so hard at to provide as my entertainment. I have listened to a few minutes of one of your reactions and the vicious negativity I heard was enough. Now you have spent a lot of time and effort altering a small bit of their work. Bully for you. Congratulations. Whatever makes you feel valuable. But no thanks. I do not want to wait 20 years for you to produce an entire volume. I have better things to do.
Celtic Phoenix
I mean, I appreciate the honesty, but if you actually had watched the video you’d know that development of this Volume only started once Volume 8 had concluded andthat it took almost 3 months to write (with editing). Additionally it took about two months to produce the first video (subsequent videos will no doubt be faster). Ive been working at this project for four years now, waiting 3 volumes in advance to fix a given Volume so I have enough information to lead into important plot points, or extrapolate out plot points. It’s been slow, tedious, and a work of love because I see RWBY as a property with massive potential that squanders it regularly. If you have problems with what my work does, please say what it is, but do me the courtesy of actually watching and attempting to understand it first so we can have a conversation about why. Blind hate commenting won’t do anyone any good. …well except boost me in the algorithm more, I suppose, so yeah, keep hate commenting, it’s helping me!

I really hate the term fixing rwby. Implies something wrong. To me a better phrasing would be “how I would write rwby”

Celtic Phoenix
Because... there is something wrong? RWBY is a fundamentally broken show that scrapes so close to greatness... but falls flat on its face because it was too ambitious for the skill of the writers. And now they're just... stuck in an ever sinking spiral.

My thing is how do you know something is wrong rwby....... you didn't write it. Just say you don't like it's direction and want to project/suggest your ideas. (Which is good content)but some of y'all some damn cry babies be thankful that you're still getting a show

Celtic Phoenix
I know because the established logic doesn't add up. Or the writers forget key character traits that make the the characters, that make them interesting to watch. Or fail to show us a setting that has an intriguing concept and design aesthetic. I'm a professional writer, I can see these flaws a mile away at this rate (I've committed many of the same sins myself in my history). But even then, one does not need to be a 5-star chef to know your meal tastes terrible and it could have been done better. With RWBY we've been served a full-course meal, and the appetizers were phenomenal, only for each subsequent course to get worse and worse and worse, to the point your struggling to eat it at all. (For the record, in this analogy, Volume 5 is a bowl of ice cubes you're expected to eat).
Another great video! I know you said in earlier seasons that you weren't delving too much into specific comedic moments but your comedy really fits the series and actually seeing it really adds to everything. I actually burst out laughing at Raven using the rapier as a spit!

Celtic Phoenix
I never intended to really start going into the comedy as much, but with V5 needing the level of overhaul it does, slipping jokes in is the only way to stay sane at this rate. I’m glad they’re landing, we had a lot of fun shooting joke ideas back and forth in the SH. I’m trying to recall who suggested that joke in particular. I think it was JayJay, and Soon took the idea and made a chibi image Duo that just let it stick and that’s ultimately what put her on the scene in the first place.

Very cool. I’m especially interested in what you do with Raven’s new daughter. But I have to say I’m not sure about the way your using the White Fang and Adam. This doesn’t really solve the problem of villainizing a civil rights group, or making Adam a representation of one of them as a crazy (or in your depiction mentally traumatised) extremist. I like that you’re making Adam more sympathetic, but what this may hinge on is the nature of his relationship with Blake and how that ties into his motivation with the Fang. It also helps that Illya and Blake sort of contrast this in the way they view the Fang’s purpose, but the fact remains that Adam and his followers are The White Fang that the show is working with. Abuse and Systematic Injustice are some very heavy real-life subject matter that need to be handled carefully.

Celtic Phoenix
At this point in time the White Fang are straight up terrorists literally planning a coup of an entire country. This is the road they’ve been on since Volume 1 of the canon show and Volume 2 of fixing. Calling them a ‘civil rights group’ is like calling arsenic ‘medicine’. Blake, Sun, Menagerie, her parents; these are the positive role models for Faunus culture to look to. The heroes who try to keep their moral fiber intact.

@Celtic Phoenix But I have to say that this version still has the same issue as canon RWBY of not tackling the issue with any naunce in my opinion. Using violence or peaceful protest to achieve equality isn't a black and white issue and reducing the group that uses violence to nothing more than a evil organisation just robs the topic of any complexity. Especially, since unless it's been changed, violence was actually more effective in getting rights for the fanunas according to the World of Reamant and furthermore there's no example of peaceful protest so it's hard to get on board with the idea that peaceful protest is better when it's non-existent. Cool rewrite though.
(Celtic didn't reply to this one from another person)

Interesting. Only things I have to say is I don’t understand why Weiss is unbound and is allowed to just walk around the camp, and sleep in the same tent as vernal. Why isn’t she escaping? Also, Ruby despite being the protagonist, still feels very marginal. I think her role should be much more central. Maybe even swap Ruby and Weises story.

Celtic Phoenix
H…how would I even swap them. V4 doesn’t set that up in any way shape or form whatsoever… And Ruby had quite a lot of focus the first 3 seasons and gets a huge focus in V6; right now it’s more about bringing the stories together than giving any one character the key spotlight.

One of the biggest complaints people had about volume five was that all they did was saying around and talk and all you doing in your Ruby rewrite is having them sit around and talk maybe not in the house but all they're doing is still talking

Celtic Phoenix
The more accurate complaint would be that nothing happened in volume 5. Here, you have the unravelling of a coup, the building of political tensions, an investigation attempting to actively find the antagonists from Volume 3, and the effective establishment of important characters. At least that's the intent. Most stories are just people standing around/sitting around talking. It's what they're doing while that talking is happening that's important. In the OG RWBY, the crew literally sat in the house doing nothing and waiting until the plot came to get them. Now? Every player is an active member of the story trying to fulfill their own goals. It might not be action, but it's an actual enjoyable story.

Time for bullet point thoughts!
• Raven and Weiss' talk was nice. I really like how much you're fleshing out the tribe, giving them some kind of 'faith' to believe in.
• So I'm wondering if Raven is just being protective or if Vernal really is the Spring Maiden in this rewrite.
• Good on Weiss for calling out Raven's hypocrisy. I'm surprised that getting slapped didn't immediately make her resent Raven, given her father's abuse. Especially since I feel like Weiss was making a lot of paralells to her own situation with her parents.The artists have really outdone themselves, a lot of these pieces look gorgeous.
• The scene with Vernal and Weiss was fun. I think maybe the fight could have been prompted by something more, like things were getting more heated, or maybe Weiss was egging her on, but that's a minor point.
• I love the "Mountain Lilies" song!
• Overall I really like this whole subplot. It feels like Weiss' experiences here are really changing her and giving her some new perspectives. In the original Weiss was just there so she could conveniently meet up with the others.
• Klein is a fighter?!
• So my problem with the bandits comes up again here. I get that you're trying to humanize them, but some things just feel off. Shiloh is kind to Weiss, yet verbally and physically abuses this innocent old man. Are we supposed to like him or not? What is this supposed to tell us about Shiloh? It'd make sense if he was only kind to his tribe, his family, but he's nice to Weiss? Why? You could say he's warming up to her, but they've barely interacted. I'm thinking it's because him being mean to Weiss would make him unlikeable, but I still find him unlikeable because of this. I just can't reconcile the Shiloh we see here to the one in the camp, it feels too jarring. Maybe if we got a bit of this behavior at the camp it would be better. And that ties in to what I mentioned before about the bandit scenes being too lighthearted.
• The last the public saw of Yang was her breaking someone's leg, and I'm glad that wasn't completely forgotten about like it was in the show.
• I'm surprised the Belladonna's didn't have another place to stay. I'm loving Blake's development, acknowledging that some might be in danger because of her choice to run, and her willingness to confront her past. I also love what Kali says. Blake's new outfit is soooo much better than the original one! For one thing, it's actually black. And the gold accents fit perfectly. I do think the boob window should be a little higher up, like Glynda's, but that's a small thing.
• Oh how I wish the fight scene with Yang/Neo and the bandits was animated. I want to see Neo fighting on a motorcycle so bad! I like that Yang's PTSD is actually affecting her during battle.
• I really think this Volume is a bit too comedic. Don't get me wrong, I love the humor, but it feels like almost every scene tries to shove it in. Did we really need Raven's bathroom line? This is worse with Yang and Weiss, them reuniting I think should be a big deal but it's just jokes and banter, like they've only been apart for a week. As much as I hate the original V5 I believe it nailed the tone of that scene. We do get the hug, but it's been overshadowed by the other shenanigans. I just think it's jarring as fixing V4 was more balanced and somber scenes were allowed to breathe more and be given the weight they deserved.
• That said, I love the scene in Raven's tent. No sitcom stuff, just Yang's raw emotions and feelings toward her mother finally being let out. The transition to the Ozpin stuff was also much more natural.
• The scene with Ruby and Roman/Ozpin was sweet. Looks like the silver eyes will be addressed earlier thank god.
• I don't want this to be too long, so I'll finish by mentioning how much I love Vernal. She's been so hardened but now we're seeing some real cracks in her armor. Her life has been upended by a sister she never knew, and now she's going to lose Weiss, who's probably her first real friend. The end scene was brilliant. That's all I have for now. Looking forward to the next one!

Celtic Phoenix
There’s more to Shiloh than meets the eye; he ultimately wound up being one of the more complicated characters purely by accident. Inside the camp he’s just a mook who gets bossed around and can sympathize with Weiss getting the brunt of Raven’s anger. Doesn’t hurt she stood up for Vernal. Outside the tribe, like on a raid, he’s much scummier and deplorable, which is where we see him with Yang. He has the ability to get what he wants and doesn’t necessarily need to worry about Raven breathing down his back or people keeping him in check. As for the jokes, especially that Yang and Weiss reunion, it’s a combination of things. One, Yang feels like she’s in control; she wanted to find this camp and so she’s relaxed; she knows her and Neo can take on a tribe of bandits. Two, a bit of surreal shock over finding one of your best friends randomly in the wilderness, which affects both of them. Three, we actually went through several renditions of this scene, and the one that survived was this one because it felt like what the girls would actually do. And four, there’s some heavy discussion about to happen in the next episode; the humor itself helps offset that, and there’s a direct tonal shift once Yang charges at Raven and loses control of the situation where the tone sobers. Hope that explains the thought process a bit.

You're not really "fixing" anything. You're taking bits and pieces from the original, then you're throwing away the rest and making something completely different. I don't really care that you're doing it, I just think that you shouldn't be calling it "fixing" when you're not. Think of it like writing an essay, are you going to erase someone's entire essay and write what you want, or are you going to mark off small things and make the sentences ( in the show perspective, scenes) make sense? Call it what it is man, you are rewriting the show.

Celtic Phoenix
You're fundamentally wrong on a key comparison. You think of this like editing an essay, but this is editing a work of media, a story. During the revision process of books, short stories, films, TV shows, comics, etc, it's not uncommon by any means to scrap entire sections, plots, plans and characters, or invent whole new sections, plots, plans and characters in order to better improve the story and the overall product. You could very well scrap 90% of the original draft in order to achieve a strictly better second draft... and then do so again for the third draft. And even on the grounds of just making small tweaks to essays... if all you're doing to an essay is making grammar, spelling and language corrections, I really hope you have good substance in it, because if your substance isn't good, it probably won't matter how strong your command of the English language is; you'll get an F for failing to address the prompt. So in summary, your comment that I'm 'rewriting' the show is accurate. Because this is being presented as a redraft of the show... something that RWBY, desperately, severely needs. "Fixing" just has a... snappier sound to it and it still conveys the general premise well. That said, I'd recommend going back through the catalogue. The earlier Volumes stay much more on track compared to their canon counterparts but the small changes begin to compound over the five total Volumes.

This rewrite is awesome 8-9/10 and I hope you keep going, but I do have a few issues:
Powerscaling - So all of the pro huntsmen got taken down, even though Yang could go toe to toe with Mercury, so the huntsmen at heaven look a bit incompetent.
- Sun is a student yet his able to fight Hazel, Salem elite fighters, I enjoyed the fight but still.
- How strong is Adam compared to Blake since they seem to be equal without training.
White Fang
- Even though Adam is humanized the violent part of the white fang still feel like a evil terrorist organisation.
- Blake saying that making friend with a Schee has lead to more progress than Adam violent methods while a good character moment rings hollow since racism is systematic not individual thus making friends with Weiss doesn't help solve racism on a systematic level.
General
- The fact that no one noticed huntsman numbers going down is hard to believe.
- Dissapointed that Mercury and Emerald haven't gotten a lot in terms of characterization and screen time but that's bias.

Celtic Phoenix
To the first point; it’s more the huntsmen getting jumped by two experienced killers and a maiden while armed and equipped for Grimm hunting. Fighting one v one in an arena match where there are rules and boundaries (and yes, where the ultimate goal was to throw the match, though I like to think he still put up a fair fight out of ego) are much different. This can also be offset by Yang being at her peak (at the time) and being a more human-focused fighter. It’s actually interesting the more I look at it; using a cestus against Grimm, even with shotguns, seems less practical, but against humans it feels like it’d work much better. Weirdly enough, I think the canon show set Yang up pretty well as a huntsman who fights humans (so she can better track her bandit mother) and contrasts her with Ruby, who’s weapon is much less practical against humans but very against large monsters.
-Sun is moreso a guardsman now, though yes, a student as well. He doesn’t really fight Hazel, per-say. It’s more “Play keep away while getting a few punches in”, which is easier for him because he’s so acrobatic.
-Adam is much ‘stronger’ in some regards, but like Sun, Blake is evasive. I really dropped the ball remarking that she’s ok the backfoot for most of the fight.
-The White Fang feels like an evil terrorist cell because the White Fang is an evil terrorist cell. Having humanized motives doesn’t change that.
-Racism, I would argue, is not systemic. We largely have outlawed most racism in America, we invented the mythical “hate crime” to doubly punish people who were already breaking the law to try and curb racism. Yet it persists. The intent behind a Schnee becoming Blake’s friend is to show that someone that deeply engrained with their prejudice, they can be pulled away from it when given the right methods. The world need to be changed one person at a time.

I don’t know if this question was asked but with how things are playing out with the company, it’s possible that RWBY will get cancelled or rebooted. If that happens will you guys finish this series anyway?

Celtic Phoenix
Presuming I don’t somehow crowdsource a way to get the rights to the IP, I think I’d still be on to finish this ride, though it’d take some deliberation how depending where they leave us.

So after watching this twice I have to say this THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Jesus you made vol. 5 actually watchable, nearly perfect but I have some complaints
1. I feel making the connection between Arslan and Leonhardt was kinda pointless, before this season was released I thought she would have a bit of a bigger role or atleast a side plot. That didn't end up happening with her making only a small cameo and Leo being dead by the end of the season. Not the biggest issue but I feel it's more of a, missed opportunity.
2. I think yang forgave Blake a bit too soon. It's something I liked what crwby did (well I liked the idea atleast) cause she did just abandon her at her lowest point and even that talk with wiess I would think she'd still be atleast indifferent towards her rather than forgiving immediately.
3. I wanted vernal to live you monster
Thank you Ray, thank you Fatman and thank all the huntsman who helped make this, especially Minty I really loved her art style, see you next year or whenever vol 9 releases

Celtic Phoenix
And, to add to that wonderful little analysis, this isn't complete. Their road together is only just restarting and it's not exactly a pleasant road to come.

I enjoy Roman a lot, but why center him so much? He died at Beacon because his relevance (aside from as Neo's current motivations) ended there; this feels like forcing a way to keep him in the plot that doesn't feel organic to his character imo. As a fanfic AU exploring a "what if", it's fine, but for something that's supposed to be a rewrite/fix of canon, I feel like this is veering too heavily into fanservice to the detriment of storytelling. But more than that, why the bit with him and Ruby? That was... A lot of things, but I'll go with "unnecessary" to be diplomatic.

Celtic Phoenix
I elaborate it more at the end of Volume 4, but Oscar lacks... really any character outside of "I'm losing my personality to Ozpin"... which is a circumstance literally any character could fill. So, instead of just straight up inventing a character for him wholecloth, I worked on Roman's backstory in V4 and introduced him as the new Oz host, since he's already a well established, well loved character. Less work, and people get more of something they like. It also worked well with the friendship Yang started developing with Neo in her own storyline. As for that bit at the end with Ruby? It was them learning to mutually respect each other. Earlier parts of the Volume here establish the unease between the crew and Roman, but this is showing Ruby's grown to respect him to some degree, even if he was/is a criminal, and Roman's learning to open up to people beyond just Neo. There's a lot more going into this, but I highly recommend checking out the rest of the series for full context! ^_^ And stay tuned for the response stream!

It really is astounding how much you missed the point of RWBY.

Celtic Phoenix
Care to elaborate?

@Celtic Phoenix You turned the girls into arm candy, hooked Velvet up with her abuser, ADDED racism to it and stuffed it full of the most generic anime bullshit ever. The fact you included a SPA EPISODE is proof. Burnie once said they were asked to add one for the Japanese market and they refused.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2795933
He writes like he speaks: overly wordy, too fast, and full of dodgy language.
Newsflash: They're still minors in Japan since they're under 18. It's just legal for minors of a certain age range to fuck other minors of a certain age range, that doesn't make them not minors and anyone over 18 still can't touch them. The reason why the Japanese are cool with sexualizing 14 and 15 year olds with other 14 and 15 year olds is because that is (or at least was) legal in Japan and it appealed to the mainly teenage boys who buy anime and manga.

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Newsflash: They're still minors in Japan since they're under 18. It's just legal for minors of a certain age range to fuck other minors of a certain age range, that doesn't make them not minors and anyone over 18 still can't touch them. The reason why the Japanese are cool with sexualizing 14 and 15 year olds with other 14 and 15 year olds is because that is (or at least was) legal in Japan and it appealed to the mainly teenage boys who buy anime and manga.
The age of majority in Japan is actually 20 until 2022, when it will go down to the more universal 18. Either way, there really isn't a need to invoke consent laws when depicting two fictional minors in a book having relations, we know that's not a crime. Plenty of YA novels depict teens having sex and no one really bats an eye at it. It's a super suspicious, or at the very least, pretentious thing to put in the preface when no typical consent laws are being violated. He goes into great detail to explain this.

1639442212472.png

Why? Because talking about teens (in this case, as young as fourteen) having sex is crucial to discussing their coming-of-age, and no one else writes about this ever, and he's very stunning and brave for writing about these totally-not-Madoka characters having sex. Really capturing the human condition

1639442513904.png

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Doubt it. I don’t think Celtic has as big of an ego. Also, he has cohorts that work with him instead of a Discord server falling into anarchy. And he knows what he has to do in order to keep it as….RWBY.
No, he does have a Discord server filled with nonsense. Two of them, in fact.

As for being better than RWBY writers, that's firstly a low bar, and secondly up for debate thanks to FRWBY V5 and his book. Many of the same mistakes with pacing and payoffs were kept. The biggest changes were swapping out Oscar for a self-insert-- I mean, Roman, and having Vernal and a minor goon turned into Mupa's (FRWBY's second-in-command) OCs. Oh, and adding a naked scene, of course.

Ensok

kiwifarms.net
I have only been vaguely aware of this "Fixing RWBY" thing's existence. You're telling me that one of the changes is that Roman not just survives but becomes the next host of Ozma and Oscar is written out entirely? And that's supposed to be something that improves RWBY?