RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
I have only been vaguely aware of this "Fixing RWBY" thing's existence. You're telling me that one of the changes is that Roman not just survives but becomes the next host of Ozma and Oscar is written out entirely? And that's supposed to be something that improves RWBY?

Roman surviving looks great, but the latter is just doing the same thing Miles did with Jean.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Roman surviving looks great, but the latter is just doing the same thing Miles did with Jean.
Eh, I'd say that's a stretch. From what I saw, Roman is just doing his usual stuff with Neo, and outside the conversation at the end and investigating with Ruby, his role in the V5 isn't all that meaty if you ask me. Meanwhile, Jaune had stuff where he was the main man with the spotlight in EVERY FREAKING VOLUME.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Eh, I'd say that's a stretch. From what I saw, Roman is just doing his usual stuff with Neo, and outside the conversation at the end and investigating with Ruby, his role in the V5 isn't all that meaty if you ask me. Meanwhile, Jaune had stuff where he was the main man with the spotlight in EVERY FREAKING VOLUME.
Don't get me wrong I'm a massive Roman fanboy from RWBY pseudo-Golden Era (Pre-V4). But goddamn, every time some side character like this gets a massive buff, belonging to some other character originally, I feel like someone just included his Donut Steel OC shlock in it. I blame MasakoX & his shit fanfics for this.

That said, you're right, nothing can beat the Jaune-fagging. It's somewhere between not enough & way too much for me at the same time.

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Don't get me wrong I'm a massive Roman fanboy from RWBY pseudo-Golden Era (Pre-V4). But goddamn, every time some side character like this gets a massive buff, belonging to some other character originally, I feel like someone just included his Donut Steel OC shlock in it. I blame MasakoX & his shit fanfics for this.
Celtic has literally cosplayed Roman before. He really likes the snarky classy coolguy trope, too. You can see it in how he speaks.

Ensok

kiwifarms.net
I guess that's where my issue is, I like Roman but I thought his original role was perfectly fine. He didn't overstay his welcome, he had an important part to play in the first three volumes and then died. And I have no problems with this. I actually really liked his death scene, sometimes it's the right move to kill off a character even when they're fun.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
I guess that's where my issue is, I like Roman but I thought his original role was perfectly fine. He didn't overstay his welcome, he had an important part to play in the first three volumes and then died. And I have no problems with this. I actually really liked his death scene, sometimes it's the right move to kill off a character even when they're fun.
I actually don't mind the death myself. For starters, it had impact at the time (at least for me). Now? I won't be surprised if he returns too.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Funny thing, he was meant to be a one off character, he wasn't intended to even last that long. His death was a major case of pushing that RWBY was meant to be getting "darker" by killing the one antagonist that was more comical in nature and when compared to the rest of the villains, the least dangerous.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
That said, you're right, nothing can beat the Jaune-fagging. It's somewhere between not enough & way too much for me at the same time.
It's funny, because I've been reading a fanfic where Jaune is the new host of Ozpin.

I actually don't mind the death myself. For starters, it had impact at the time (at least for me). Now? I won't be surprised if he returns too.

Funny thing, he was meant to be a one off character, he wasn't intended to even last that long. His death was a major case of pushing that RWBY was meant to be getting "darker" by killing the one antagonist that was more comical in nature and when compared to the rest of the villains, the least dangerous.
It's funny, because people have been saying that Roman IS THE BEST villain RWBY has ever had.

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
It's funny, because I've been reading a fanfic where Jaune is the new host of Ozpin.

It's funny, because people have been saying that Roman IS THE BEST villain RWBY has ever had.
Just because he's their best one doesn't mean he didn't serve his purpose before dying. He played his role in the Beacon arc and that was that. He'd have no place in the current nonsense. He jumped ship at the right time.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net

I'm one of those people, & I assure you the reason behind that is groundedness (a thing I usually don't like), he was a simple underdog street gangster, he died being that.
Just because he's their best one doesn't mean he didn't serve his purpose before dying. He played his role in the Beacon arc and that was that. He'd have no place in the current nonsense. He jumped ship at the right time.
Yeah, he died before getting butchered now. It almost a mercy kill considering what RWBY becomes later on.

WULULULULU

I CLOAMK, I TWEEK, I KEEL
kiwifarms.net
I'm one of those people, & I assure you the reason behind that is groundedness (a thing I usually don't like), he was a simple underdog street gangster, he died being that.

Yeah, he died before getting butchered now. It almost a mercy kill considering what RWBY becomes later on.
Imagine thinking RWBY from the very beginning was worth it. Quite frankly the way I see it is that the show felt like a brain-damaged newborn that was a mistake (and a hilarious one at that) to humanity and somehow still lives.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Imagine thinking RWBY from the very beginning was worth it. Quite frankly the way I see it is that the show felt like a brain-damaged newborn that was a mistake (and a hilarious one at that) to humanity and somehow still lives.
I guess you just had to be there when Monty Oum was at the height of his popularity both before and during his time at RT and when the Red trailer dropped. And how people reacted to things like the death of Monty Oum and the end of V3. Maybe that's the only way to explain the popularity of RWBY,

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
I used to think it had potential back during the first three volumes, volume 4 cured me of that notion but I had hope it would improve as the crew built up more experience to hone their craft.
There are like two characters who that pass the tolerable line. Roman, who has been dead since volume 3 and Ironwood.

Everyone else is either boring as a pile of rocks or just plain awful. Then again, this is all he knows how to do I guess.
Weiss makes three, she was always my favorite of the main girls.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I used to think it had potential back during the first three volumes, volume 4 cured me of that notion but I had hope it would improve as the crew built up more experience to hone their craft.
Instead…all I can think V4 did was try to do what Game of Thrones did.
But did she survive volumes 7 and 8 without her character decimated?

Anachronistic

kiwifarms.net

I say Glynda too but that's only because she's been gone for so long that her flaws have largely been forgotten and her character design which would be better suited to hentai a real anime.