RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
Best girl died in Volume 3, and I scream.

Anyhow, yeah, I don't get how anyone over the age of twelve can unironically enjoy RWBY anymore. It's just... it's a trainwreck, and it makes me sad that it's a trainwreck, because I so desperately want it to be good. But I know it won't be.
Yeah, I miss Penny too. :c

I think at this point a large portion of people who actually watch the show are suffering from sunk-cost fallacy thinking (I know I am). I'm too invested in the story to give up even though I don't like watching it, so the only option is to see it through to the bitter end. Just like Order of the Stick. I've heard similar sentiments from most anyone who watches the show but isn't a rabid RWBY stan.

Itu aru kamusu tugeza

prease undastando geimu deveropmento isu beri hado
kiwifarms.net
How can we forget that RWBY was featured in BlazBlue Cross Tag?

I remember wondering to myself when that reveal happened back in 2017, “What the hell? This show has a decent following in Japan?” I didn’t have a high opinion of the show at the time, but I was fascinated how the seemingly amateur production I dropped a few episodes in back in 2013 managed a following abroad, despite the fact they consider practically anything ‘anime’ across the Pacific pond.

littlearmalite

-SPEND THESE THIRTY HOURS GETTING FREAKAAAY
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I miss Penny too. :c

I think at this point a large portion of people who actually watch the show are suffering from sunk-cost fallacy thinking (I know I am). I'm too invested in the story to give up even though I don't like watching it, so the only option is to see it through to the bitter end. Just like Order of the Stick. I've heard similar sentiments from most anyone who watches the show but isn't a rabid RWBY stan.
>Penny

Regardless, that's probably the show's biggest turn-off RN, is the fanbase. The writing has at least improved since V5, if not to the point where it's 'good' yet, the animation is getting closer to the Monty-level of quality, though I doubt it'll ever fully be like Monty's art again, but the fandom is possibly the most toxic cesspit this side of Steven Universe.

I remember wondering to myself when that reveal happened back in 2017, “What the hell? This show has a decent following in Japan?” I didn’t have a high opinion of the show at the time, but I was fascinated how the seemingly amateur production I dropped a few episodes in back in 2013 managed a following abroad, despite the fact they consider practically anything ‘anime’ across the Pacific pond.
It's because the RWBY Japanese dub has a literal all-star cast and high-billing due to the more kid-friendly content and cuter aesthetics of the early volumes.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I was a member of #YangGang myself. Needless to say I'm not a fan of the direction her character's taken.

Fucking yurifags ruin everything.
I am so sorry for your lost. Though there is word that Coco and Velvet fans are going to go through the same thing.

At the very least, Blake had SOME screen time with a guy, even if it was Sun thank god I like BlackSun

littlearmalite

kiwifarms.net
I am so sorry for your lost. Though there is word that Coco and Velvet fans are going to go through the same thing.

At the very least, Blake had SOME screen time with a guy, even if it was Sun thank god I like BlackSun
They, quite literally, changed a character's sexuality from bi to lesbian... because the fans got mad she wasn't a lesbian.

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
>Penny

Regardless, that's probably the show's biggest turn-off RN, is the fanbase. The writing has at least improved since V5, if not to the point where it's 'good' yet, the animation is getting closer to the Monty-level of quality, though I doubt it'll ever fully be like Monty's art again, but the fandom is possibly the most toxic cesspit this side of Steven Universe.
>he likes P*rrha

the absolute state

One of users from Kiwi farms already made a review on the Rwby.
EZ is like Jewish, WalMart brand E;R. He's not as funny, doesn't make points as well, borderline doesn't edit at all, and rambles autistically through about half of each video while barely staying on topic. I really don't know why people watch his videos other than because they enjoy hearing their own opinions repeated back to them by someone far less articulate.

Itu aru kamusu tugeza

prease undastando geimu deveropmento isu beri hado
kiwifarms.net
>Penny

It's because the RWBY Japanese dub has a literal all-star cast and high-billing due to the more kid-friendly content and cuter aesthetics of the early volumes.
Which sort of begged the question, what kind of strings did they pull to end up with that casting? I’m aware of the Warner Bros. connection, but still, I can’t even imagine the executive pitch that got this all greenlit.

littlearmalite

kiwifarms.net
Which sort of begged the question, what kind of strings did they pull to end up with that casting? I’m aware of the Warner Bros. connection, but still, I can’t even imagine the executive pitch that got this all greenlit.
Again, it's the same reason One Piece and Sword Art Online are so popular in Japan-cross market appeal. Little kids can watch it while their parents are at work or busy around the house, and teens enjoy it for the semi-cohesive narrative and D R A M A. On top of that, it's American-made, so it gets a huge crossover from the 'foreign culture nerd' crowd (idk what you'd call a Jap who's an otaku for the US). Combine all these things, and you've got a pretty good sales pitch.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
They, quite literally, changed a character's sexuality from bi to lesbian... because the fans got mad she wasn't a lesbian.
Is their proof of them changing her sexuality? Because you said she was bi first, so who’s to say she still isn’t bi? We’ve still got the first night at Beacon (unless they somehow retcon it).

littlearmalite

kiwifarms.net
Is their proof of them changing her sexuality? Because you said she was bi first, so who’s to say she still isn’t bi? We’ve still got the first night at Beacon (unless they somehow retcon it).
I believe it was established in the book that Coco is a lesbian, but Word of VA (which holds a startling amount of weight for RWBY, as does literally every opinion, including the bad ones) was that she was bi.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net

Well that and her being an angst machine with mommy issues * Raven's a giant bitch undeserving of love and IDK why Yang bothered * and the loss of tiddy thanks to RT drinking the koolaid.

I can't wait for SJWism to die so perverts will stop being able to push their fetishes into everything by masking it as social activism.

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
I believe it was established in the book that Coco is a lesbian, but Word of VA (which holds a startling amount of weight for RWBY, as does literally every opinion, including the bad ones) was that she was bi.
You have no idea how much the VA word is revered. That’s how we got Adam being seen as abusive.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
...I thought you were talking about Yang for a second, and that’s why i referenced the first night of Beacon. Whoop.
You have no idea how much the VA word is revered. That’s how we got Adam being seen as abusive.
Oh jeez, when did this happen? Also is anyone else disappointed by how trash bootleg-Jetstream Sam became?

Actually as I’m on the topic, who’s the worst villain in RWBY?

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe

littlearmalite

kiwifarms.net
...I thought you were talking about Yang for a second, and that’s why i referenced the first night of Beacon. Whoop.

Oh jeez, when did this happen? Also is anyone else disappointed by how trash bootleg-Jetstream Sam became?

Actually as I’m on the topic, who’s the worst villain in RWBY?

Adam. He went from being an interesting, if mysterious character with a lot of potential outward growth, to a literal one dimensional caricature that makes Blake look bad by association.

In the DC tie in comic, Blake hooks up with him after Adam literally states "I cry thinking of all the humans that our fallen comrades weren't able to kill." They just made him a shitty, off brand furry Malcom X, but without any of Malcolm's subtlety or charisma.

Tags
None