RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
You don't think so? Well first you have to do something about the Faunus being treated like crap and the Grimm being attracted to negative emotions since those are two of the biggest things that make the world feel like there's a lot of baggage. Also, with Team RWBY, you got each one with their own baggage but I guess most people just decide to go for drama in that regard.
I should've worded the thing better, I have no problem with the show's heavy stuff, but I don't find Racism and Grimm's nature as something dark. But rewrites tend to go overboard and are constantly out of place. Jerry Freeman's Yang beating the shit out of Ruby, his GoT fanfic that is the Schnee Family, and the girls participating in what is basically WWI on remnant are one of the few gripes I have with. I want to site some of Celtic Phoenix's rewrites but good lord is it irritating to even sift through jungles of word salad that are his videos.

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
"Worldbuilding" is like the key poison here. Me and @Sleazy Car Salesman were going through RWBY Remnants' lore yesterday, and everything is just lame, generic "worldbuilding." Every main character is some super special and tragic hero that ties into yet another branch of the lore because the writer is just oh-so-smart, look at all the stuff he can put together. Of course, this means plot is nonexistent and the characters are dull. Everything is a shiny object with no substance. Like an earlier post said, this is NOT what needs fixing in RWBY. It's just complicating it more. Darker does not equal better.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I want to site some of Celtic Phoenix's rewrites but good lord is it irritating to even sift through jungles of word salad that are his videos.
Talk to @Sleazy Car Salesman or @Skipjack. They seem like the Celtic Phoenix experts here.

Edit; if you want Celtic stuff, V4 has Blake and Sun join what’s basically a Menagerie police force under the direction of Kali, Cinder in V3 poses as a journalist using an alias which is how she gets her speech out (A and H will hate her), and there’s Roman Torchwick surviving V3 and becoming Ozpin’s new host along with Neo and Yang having a road trip, and then in V5 there’s a major overhaul with Vernal and the Branwen tribe. That’s all off the top of my head.
"Worldbuilding" is like the key poison here. Me and @Sleazy Car Salesman were going through RWBY Remnants' lore yesterday, and everything is just lame, generic "worldbuilding." Every main character is some super special and tragic hero that ties into yet another branch of the lore because the writer is just oh-so-smart, look at all the stuff he can put together. Of course, this means plot is nonexistent and the characters are dull. Everything is a shiny object with no substance. Like an earlier post said, this is NOT what needs fixing in RWBY. It's just complicating it more. Darker does not equal better.
Like you said, it’s probably because they feel being simple is a sign of being shit. And with Jerry Freeman, it’s all about just showing how better he is than RT and taking shots at it every chance he gets.

Last edited:

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
Talk to @Sleazy Car Salesman or @Skipjack. They seem like the Celtic Phoenix experts here.

Like you said, it’s probably because they feel being simple is a sign of being shit. And with Jerry Freeman, it’s all about just showing how better he is than RT and taking shots at it every chance he gets.
It's a sign of immaturity and not being well-read. I'd rather understand what's going on than feel fake-smart because I understand the lore.

Decepticon Spy

kiwifarms.net
Is Roman Torchwick really THAT important to keep as a main villain? Would he impact the plot that much later on? IIRC he's literally was just a small time crime boss who bit off more than he could chew. What's with Phoenix fixation of the guy?

Isn't it that Cinder is/was the main villain? Why didn't he instead just kept her and Torchwick's dynamic the same or that of a henchman and the puppet master type. it actually made more sense to take Torchwick out of the picture. He could have made Torchwick represent the time where the protagonists were in there proverbial training wheels and use Torchwick's incarceration/death as a transition that the protagonists outgrew his threat. Then establish to the audience that with him out of the picture, Cinder can now get center stage, and despite how team RWBY grew, it is clear to the audience that she's still way out of their league. This not only concludes a story arc it also actually help tell the audience that shit just got real and the stakes are now higher.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Is Roman Torchwick really THAT important to keep as a main villain? Would he impact the plot that much later on? IIRC he's literally was just a small time crime boss who bit off more than he could chew. What's with Phoenix fixation of the guy?

Isn't it that Cinder is/was the main villain? Why didn't he instead just kept her and Torchwick's dynamic the same or that of a henchman and the puppet master type. it actually made more sense to take Torchwick out of the picture. He could have made Torchwick represent the time where the protagonists were in there proverbial training wheels and use Torchwick's incarceration/death as a transition that the protagonists outgrew his threat. Then establish to the audience that with him out of the picture, Cinder can now get center stage, and despite how team RWBY grew, it is clear to the audience that she's still way out of their league. This not only concludes a story arc it also actually help tell the audience that shit just got real and the stakes are now higher.
Overall, he really isn't important and he wouldn't have had much to do in the later seasons, but compared to Cinder he was a much more interesting character to watch. Cinder is generic store brand villain, whereas Roman felt like the writers were trying for an interesting villain that directly went against Ruby's optimistic "everyone can be good" schtick.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Isn't that what volumes 3 and 4 did? and even 5?

Chilson

kiwifarms.net

One of the few good things RWBY did was kill him off in an ironic fashion as he was ranting and raving about the unfairness of the world, he gets killed by random chance by a Grimm.

Keeping him around after that point is meaningless even if RWBY somehow got good as he had served his purpose.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
One of the few good things RWBY did was kill him off in an ironic fashion as he was ranting and raving about the unfairness of the world, he gets killed by random chance by a Grimm.
It's lowkey one of the only bits of genius writing in RWBY since his death being more or less totally random and without ceremony completely legitimized his world view. It wasn't ironic at all, it was exactly what he said the world was like.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
It's lowkey one of the only bits of genius writing in RWBY since his death being more or less totally random and without ceremony completely legitimized his world view. It wasn't ironic at all, it was exactly what he said the world was like.
I meant Irony more from Ruby's point of view. She was advocating for the opposite of Roman's Ideology and was planning on beating him in a test of skill. Only to have her be beaten legitimately and Roman has his victory robbed from him by random chance, validating his own ideology by losing in such a way.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
I meant Irony more from Ruby's point of view. She was advocating for the opposite of Roman's Ideology and was planning on beating him in a test of skill. Only to have her be beaten legitimately and Roman has his victory robbed from him by random chance, validating his own ideology by losing in such a way.
I misunderstood what you were saying. But yeah, this. It's either intentionally or unintentionally a brilliant bit of writing although my money is on unintentional since his line immediately before it ends with him talking about how he's gonna do what he's always done best and survive, and then he immediately dies. Personally I think RT didn't think about it that hard and just went for the ironic gag there, but if they did do it intentionally to show Roman's worldview had merit then where was that writing for the rest of the series?
You're absolutely correct about Roman; him and Neo were jobbers and they really didn't have a purpose to keep around after Volume 3 in light of Cinder and Salem becoming the new threats. With that said Celtic hates Oscar and wanted to write him out of the series, but Celtic really likes Roman (Celtic seems to have a strong attachment to the smooth talking rogue archetype in general) and so he just shoehorned Roman into Oscar's place to keep him around. This combined with the facts that Roman is now in an extremely important role for the setting as a whole and that Roman's cadence sounds basically just like how Celtic speaks normally is what leads some people to think that Roman is basically just Celtic's self-insert.

EDIT:

@Dumpster dived waifu said: Overall, he really isn't important and he wouldn't have had much to do in the later seasons, but compared to Cinder he was a much more interesting character to watch. Cinder is generic store brand villain, whereas Roman felt like the writers were trying for an interesting villain that directly went against Ruby's optimistic "everyone can be good" schtick.
Just wanted to reply to this since it jogged my noggin on Cinder a bit too. In Volume 8 they gave Cinder this really terrible backstory where she was basically a slave and so she hates the world because she was mistreated or whatever, it's stupid. This actually makes me like her less since half the reason Roman worked as a foil to Ruby is that he never was given a reason for becoming a crime boss, he was just a bad person. Cinder could have been a good person but was made bad by cruel people and I think that this really sucks because it isn't serving as a foil or challenge to the main character's view beyond the whole "their goals are mutually opposed to one-another" angle.

Last edited:

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Sweet, the response stream. Let’s hear Celtic try to explain himself!

And if some things need context…

Might get around to adding summaries and notable points once it finishes.
Well, stream finished. Might as well get to the summary, or at least things I find interesting.

-Salem will make a debut at some point. According to Celtic, having villains in the background working machinations is more impactful over throwing them at the screen doing nothing or doing something to show why they're a threat (he brings up Salem's V7 whale).

-Shiloh (what Shay D. Man was renamed as by Celtic and company) is the father of Vernal, and Raven is her mother. Mupa drew a comic depicting the relationship, and it grew on Celtic. The two weren't married, and the running theory of the Sketchy Huntsmen is that Raven "does the rounds" at the Branwen camp, reguarly dragging people into her tent. Celtic mentions that Raven has a softer spot for Shiloh a little more than other people in the tribe. Celtic mentions Raven being "a little more tsundere" when it comes to Shiloh.

-The vodka bottle at the start of the Fixing V5 videos lasted the whole thing. Celtic increases the amount of vodka he drinks at the start of each volume, but he says he's going to stop the tradition with V5, citing his headspace after downing three shots worth and V5 being the perfect place to stop the tradition. He mentions probably bringing it back for V8.

-Jaune's semblance was kept because in Fixing RWBY, Semblance doesn't work on a Aura to Aura basis. While he can boost both his own Aura and the Semblance of others, it's a feedback loop that eventually runs out. Celtic mentions Jaune being a support character and wanting to write him as more of a healer type.

-In response to someone saying that there needed to be more fight scenes and less talking, Celtic says that more fight scenes aren't needed to be interesting. He mentions that in the original V5, there was a lot of talking and nothing really happening, no real information being conveyed, and people aren't being proactive, and mentions the meme of "Shinji, get in the robot" as an example of his point.

-Fatmanfalling mentioned how he had an issue of FRWBY keeping the "everyone comes together" at the end of V5, but Celtic doesn't address this because he doesn't want to put words in Fatman's mouth (he was hoping Fatman would join him in the stream).

-Celtic says one of his big issues with canon RWBY is how RT doesn't take responsibility for their blunders or acknowledge failures and flaws.

-Celtic says he hasn't considered how the bird powers of Qrow and Raven work, and says he didn't elaborate on them because of Ozpin being in Roman's body taking precedent.

-Arslan was featured to show how there are still students at Haven, but they're being worked to the bone for something they're not ready for.

-According to Celtic, Lionheart was meant to be an impediment to both the heroes and the villains.

-Arlsan, Malachite, Ren, and Nora all have future plans.

-Why hasn't Ozpin just locked Salem in a cage or taken his powers back from the Maidens to become the key to the relics and Salem's cage? Because according to Celtic, he has to caputre Salem and he's not sureif Ozpin can take powers back.

-Kali was made Captain of The Guard due to the power vaccum that resulted from the death of her predecessor in V4. And Ghira placing Kali in the position allowed the White Fang problem to be investigated instead of being buried by a White Fang sympathizer, even if the appointment was overruled. The idea of giving her a backstory was something that came up in this volume. It's something that could open the door for a backstory, and offers Kali a niche and a chance to be more than just "Blake's mother".

-According to Celtic respomding to someone mentioning they didn't quite get Raven, Raven doesn't fully understand herself. As she tries to act cool and collected, she's actually very impulsive and selfish and doesn't want to acknowledge that part of herself. However, she has soft spots for some people, and torn between the love she has for Vernal and the love she has for herself. And the end of V5 is Raven at her lowest point, abandonded by her tribe and stripped of the things she has to justify her selfish actions.

-Some scenes were cut for time, and Celtic hopes to get to some of those things in V6.

-In regards to Ruby not having much reaction to being related to Vernal, Celtic says that it's not that important of a scene that needed to be followed up on, but the more interesting thing was Yang having another sister beyond Ruby. Yang would be excited if it wasn't for the circumstances. Ruby doesn't have as much of a connection to Vernal as Yang does. Celtic calls it a slight oversight, but not a damning one.

-Celtic mentions that Aura would protect Yang's prosthetic.

-In the Fixing RWBY world, Aura reduces damage, but it isn't a complete and total forcefield that can be taken out. Meaning that one could take multiple bullets to the face, depending on how strong it is, but they can also be bloodied and scarred.

-The combination of Roman and Ozpin is named "Ozman", according to the Sketchy Huntsman. Celtic says it's an allusion, and challanges people to guess what the allusion is, and one stream commentor correctly points out it's a refrence to

Ozymandias.​

-Celtic mentions that he doesn't know what needs fixing in V6, since he hasn't watched it in years, but mentions that there's a lot of crazy ideas he and the Sketchy Huntsman have, and a lot that they want to do.

-Celtic sees the conversations Yang has about Raven in Volumes 2, 3, and 4 as "anger in remission" in response to a commentor saying it's more based on curiousity and sadness. To Celtic, Yang didn't understand why Raven left, and the more she understood, the more it pissed her off.

-Celtic doesn't know if Roman will modify Ozpin's cane to have a gun.

-The Ruby character short from V4 was used in Fixing RWBY to show RNJR wouldn't have an easy road to Mistal.

-The character shorts of V5 weren't featured in V5 because Celtic didn't feel they added much to Weiss, Blake, or Yang, so they were redundant in terms of what they were meant to show.

-Celtic has said the videos will be as long as they need to be, and that longer content doesn't equal better or worse content. One of the reasons he goes into detail explaining things is because he knows some people don't look at the art, and that there's a market for long form content.

-Fixing RWBY V5 is the most watched successful and watched volume of the project.

-Celtic plans to keep doing 22 episodes in V6, and he's not sure about the episode length afterwards, only that each three season span has consistent episode numbers.

-Celtic has no problem with reactions to Fixing RWBY, so long as they're properly transformative and fall under fair use.

-The first volume of FRWBY V5 has more views than the entirety of FRWBY V4.

-Vale is off the global stage at the point of FRWBY V5, and Vacuop and Atlas are the most stable, while Mistral has had their own upheaval. Haven is effectively gone, students have been demoralized at best, there are very few teachers, while Menagerie is relatively stable, but the actions of the Belladonnas will have consequences according to Celtic.

-To Celtic, Roman was his favorite character to write. He says he's dangerous to write because he can chew and absorb scenes where he appears, and you want to keep going with him, and so you have to be careful when writing him, and Celtic isn't sure if he succeeded in that regard. Celtic says Roman is fun to write because he's taking the piss out of everyone and everything, including himself. Vernal was also fun to write. He also liked writing Ilia because of her tragic story.

-On the surface, the White Fang plan would have worked, cutting off communications with the Mistral CCT, but they'd have their own communications, but their manpower and military might were decimated by Blake and Sun, and they lost the element of surprise. Adam cutting the tower was more a moment of rage. Had the plan succeeded, the WF coup would have succeeded in some degree. And once Atlas investigates the happenings at Mistral, it'd be the first domino in a spiral of political tension that'd result in full on war. And that spiral was the reason why Adam had to be stopped.

-The scene featuring Nora and Adam uses the instrumental of "Devil Trigger" and the start of "Bury The Light" from Devil May Cry 5. Celtic featured those songs mostly because it's funny, but also because of the similar styles, and Nora got "Devil Trigger" because she's the berserker of the group, probably more so than Yang.

-Roman's death in V3 was kept because he didn't know he was going to bring Roman back. He waited until the end of V7 to make sure that RT was doing nothing interesting was done with Oscar, as he was toying with bringing back Roman while developing V4, and he would have tried to include Oscar in Fixing RWBY if they did. However, the fact that it took until V8 for Oscar to have some personality made Celtic feel it wasn't worth the effort, and Celtic feels he got the same amount of character dynamic with Roman by the end of V5. While Oscar is nothing more than a host for Ozpin, Roman is his own character with his own personality. Celtic has some ideas of how to feature Oscar in the future, but it'd amount to mostly a glorified cameo.

-Yang hasn't completely forgiven Yang by the end of V5. But she's willing to give Blake a clean slate. But Celtic says forgiveness is more for the person doing for forgiving than the person being forgiven. So the relationship is more Yang and Blake trying to repair their relationship, which he says will be featured in V6.

-Catching Raven is one of the hardest things for anyone to do in the series.

-According to Celtic, when you're possessed by Ozpin, your hair tends to go white.

-The Spring Maiden twist of Raven being the Maiden instead of Vernal was kept because RT really wanted to have it in, and the development of Vernal as a character in Fixing RWBY was mostly to make sure the twist land and have weight.

-The Roman and Neo reunion was done the way it was because Roman masks his relief with comedy and being a goof. This is in response to people saying ROman should have been crying and breaking down.

-Celtic was tempted to have an almost kiss between Weiss and Vernal, and the ship name for them was decided to be "Snow Lillies"

-Vernal is older than Ruby by a year, making her the second of the three between Yang and Ruby.

-Celtic says he can't do White Rose because the show isn't doing or developing White Rose, adding that he'd rather develop that instead of Bumblebee.

-Celtic is perfectly fine and doesn't see the complaint of Roman and Neo's reunion, and that the two were in character for it.

-According to Celtic, there's art of Weiss and Vernal kissing and mentions going to the Sketchy Huntsmen Twitter for Snow Lillies art (I tried looking for that kissing art, but I couldn't find it).

-To Celtic, a lot of the issues with racism in Remnant are more people based than government based, so there's a lot of societal issues that have been fixed everywhere except Atlas, which leads to society having to adjust, and the White Fang does more harm than good in terms of human-Faunus relations. So Adam's actions are what's wrong. He's right in some aspects, and wrong in some aspects, and that what Celtic feels make Adam a good villain.

-Adam won't kill Jacques Schnee.

-Celtic has thought of the idea of doing a RWBY meme review.

-Raven's tribe was responsible for Kuroyuri. Celtic wanted to have a conflict between Raven and Ren and Nora but time and structure were issues that kept him from making it work, though he hopes he can address the conflict in the future.

-Raven didn't bury the relic because she wants to be done with everything that's ruined her life. Running away is the only thing she has.

-The scene of Weiss being speared by Cinder was kept because it was something RT really wanted to have in, but Celtic framed it have the scene be about Cinder being ruthless. He didn't want to give the impression to the audience that Weiss might die.

-Celtic feels Vernal's fatal flaw was her overly trusting on her mother Raven. And to Celtic, she was beginning to learn about the bigger world thanks to Weiss, Yang, and to a lesser extent Neo, and her death was meant to be/represent the tragedy of not being able to go through a full character arc that she was just starting before it was cut off. Celtic wanted people to feel like Vernal could have carried on through the serieshad she lived, even joining Ruby and her crew, possibly as a member of JNR. The idea was to make people feel robbed of a dynamic that could have been explored. And he feels pretty happy with how things turned out.

-Celtic had voiceover description for the scene where Yang breaks down, but he was shouted down by the Sketchy Huntsmen, and he concedes that that was the right call.

-Celtic and company wanted to have a more dynamic battle around Mistral and Haven, but the way things were centered around the vault, Celtic couldn't make it work, no matter how much he tried. Celtic says he did his best to show more of Haven Academy to make it more dynamic, such as admin offices, classroms, and dorms.

-In regards to criticisms of Ruby being sidelined to become Roman's sidekick and not making much of her own initiative, Celtic says it's more of a mentor and student type of deal, and that Ruby is learning about the world and herself. Celtic adds that he has plans for Ruby in V6 and that writing for her will be "crazy".

-Nora's guilt surrounding the details of Phyrra's death will be explored in later volumes. Celtic says that character focus changes a lot over the course of the volumes.

-Cetic hopes to develop dynamics of underutilized character bonds, such as Ruby and Weiss learning of Blake running away.

-Qrow didn't know about Vernal, at best he could suspect Raven had another kid because he doesn't keep in touch with Raven or the tribe.

-In regards to Cinder possibly across as weak, Celtic says that Cinder wasn't prepared for a fight with anyone except Raven, instead getting in a fight with Ruby and Jaune, and she has to account for Ruby's spped and she isn't as creative with her magic as she is with Dust.

-Celtic has a problem with power scaling as a concept, and he feels DBZ poisioned the well, since it works on just getting more levels to beat somebody. Being able to outsmart or outskill characters also goes into scaling, and most people don't take that into account, meaning that Ruby's speed could be used to gain an edge over Cinder's brute force that Cinder can't calculate.

-To Celtic, after Super, Dragon Ball became a case of "get more Super Saiyan". He also calls DB Super "stupid" and that after the Namek Saga, power levels become void and afterward fights became a matter of just "one has to win, and one has to lose". Winning fights just to win fights.

-Celtic says he feels he matched the quality of RT with volunteers, and RT's problem is how they utilize their budget.

-Celtic is working to make his own tabletop system, he's just looking at some copyright stuff and look at the system again to make changes.

-Celtic says that in Remnant, racism is a person to person thing, and he mentions Roman should do something racist, adding that Roman isn't a great guy and he's got some racism in him.

-Blake is focused on the fact there's a coup at the moment, and since that's done, hopefully she can focus on other issues like how to deal with the White Fang, and the relationships between humans and Faunus.

-In Fixing RWBY, the Faunus slur of choice is "critter".

-Cinder can regrow organs as well as limbs thanks to being part Grimm.

-According to Celtic, burying the Relic is a delay tactic since it can't be destroyed.

-Celtic is interested in having a scene between Romanand Blake in V6, even if it means reacting to Roman saying something racist.

-According to Celtic, he thinks there'd be monsters that aren't Grimm in Remnant.

-Celtic doesn't like making charts about power scaling. According to him, there are elements that make characters scale against other characters, and fights in RWBY to him is just like any other character interaction where differing and opposing traits play off each other, such as Cinder's vrute force vs Ruby's speed where she isn't as powerful but is in tune with her abilities, letting her fight back.

-Celtic thinks Death Battle poisoned the well of power scaling more than DBZ since it reduces power scaling to numbers and asking who would outmatch the other how they would fight against each other and not thinking about how characters would interact and play off each other given a scenario and where'd they meet or how they'd meet.

-Celtic has no plans or interest to visit Five Nights at Freddy's in an attempt to fix the lore.

-Celtic isn't going to touch the RWBY Fairy Tales show, adding the one episode he saw regarding the Faunus just pissed him off.

-Celtic doesn't think Adam was holding back against Blake, but it was more of a matter of Blake knowing his fighting style.

-Designs for Salem can be found on the Sketchy Huntsmen Twitter account.

-Celtic has rough plans for Salem and Ozpin's story.

-Celtic likes the way Vernal died, and that it was slow and painful and didn't have final words, which he calls an anime cliche he likes to avoid.

- Celtic is playing with ideas for Salem.

-The tragedy of Vernal's funeral was that the only one who could give a eulogy due to knowing her well enough to give a proper send-off was Weiss, since Ruby and Blake knew nothing about her, but Weiss was so choked up she couldn't bring herself to say anything, and Yang realized that she had a sister that she knows little about, but wanted to care about but never got the chance or time, causing her to trip up on her words while giving a euology.

-Celtic won't adress whether or not Maria will be in Fixing RWBY.

-Whether or not Raven is done is up to how RT uses her, but Celtic hopes that he can find a way to bring her back.

-Weiss is, according to Celtic, able to decompress Yang's feelings in ways Ruby and Nora can't.

-Celtic also breaks down the "flat" scene in the onsen: Roman is shocked to find out Ren is a guy because he's very effeminate, and says that Ren is attractive "in a feminine way". He doesn't know how to word it. When Ren asks how he can be seen as a woman due to not having breasts, Roman responds "neither does Little Miss Snowcone!" (referring to Weiss) and says it doesn't make Weiss any less of a woman. Celtic says Roman went "flat is justice!" and that Roman isn't a good guy and he makes weird comments.

-To Celtic, Roman and Neo's relationship is what the viewer wants it to be.

-When asked to reduce the hero roster, Celtic's response is "you don't know how stories work. People get the amount of screentime they need." And Qrow will be treated as he needs to be (Qrow was brought up in particular).

-In regaards to Neo sneaking into the men's onsen disguised as Jaune and curling up to Roman being called disturbing, Celtic says it probably should be, saying that Neo and Roman aren't perfect people and they're not good guys, and they're still criminals even if they're working to be good guys.

-Celtic hasn't thought of a practical reason for Grimm bones besides decoration and armor, but he can see tools made from Grimm bones or said bones being ground up and used as fertilizer.

-Celtic's least favorite episode to write was episode 11, due to the end conversation with Yang, Weiss, Vernal, and Raven having to go through multiple reworks and was "the biggest pain in the ass" to rework. His favorite episode was the onsen episode "Onsen Onsen Onsen" due to it being zany and looney and fun.

-To Celtic, Raven is very simple yet complicated to write for. The hardest to restrain is Roman due to how charasmatic he is and how he can overpower. Blake is tricky to write due to going through a character arc that wasn't featured in the main show.

-Celtic really wants to kill off Cinder, but it feels weird to off her at this point. He hates having to keep her alive.

-The backstory for Ozpin and Salem will be getting changes.

-On a scale of 1 to 10 for how proud he is of everyone's work, Celtic gives a 10, mentioning that very rarely was images from the main show used, sometimes going entire episodes without them.

-Celtic says there'll be a discussion of magic vs semblance in V6.

-According to Celtic, the line between Ozpin and Roman will become more gray. It'll be explored later, especially with how V9 will handle that spect.

-Neo being a Maiden was never considered

-According to Celtic, the biggest issue with FRWBY V6 will be figuring out what needs to be fixed. He mentions the mech fight was terrible things and good things that are just okay that could be raised to "excellent".

-What keeps Celtic driven with Fixing RWBY is the fan response, and a lot of people say that his series has helped to bring people back to enjoying the show.

-The Faunus heat cycle is just a background element that causes friction. There's an element/character that affects in a way that you wouldn't expect. Celtic says there's lots of horrifying implications to heat cycles, and it's a disadvantage to Faunus in terms of biology. It's mostly a lore element.

-Celtic goes "no spoiler questions" when the question is given of JNR potentially being left behind in Argus.

-There's more to lore over the Branwen tribe's island and runes that Celtic hopes to get into in V6.

-Celtic claims he was bullied into doing the onsen episode (he says he could talk about it more in the artist stream(s)), but eventually warmed up to it, citing the thematic of characters stripping themselves naked and opening themselves up to each other emotionally.

-Celtic says he tried to make the onsen scenes as tasteful as possible, but some of the artists missed the memo.

-Celtic goes "no spoiler questions" when it comes to the question of Adam being killed in V6).

You're welcome.

Sleazy Car Salesman

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna pick through that FRWBY stream hopefully tonight here and give a write up like @Random Internet Person did because Jesus there's a lot to cover with it. In the meantime, here's this.
1642388298247.png

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net

Decepticon Spy

kiwifarms.net
What the actual fuck? summary of his V5 alone there's a lot of problems I can see. So first off, WHY CAN'T THESE AUTISTS REMOVE TEAM JNR AND WRITE TEAM RWBY SO THEY'RE FUCKING INTERESTING AS MAIN PROTAGONISTS. IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD, MONTY AND THE CREW ALREADY GAVE THEM THE GROUNDWORK ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS POLISH THE ROUGH EDGES. DO THESE PEOPLE EVEN LISTEN TO THEIR OWN VIDEOS? HEY MORONS PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, CHARACTER BLOAT AND UNDERDEVELOPED MAIN PROTAGONISTS ARE A FEW OF THE SHOW'S MASSIVE THROBBING ISSUES AND YOUR REWRITE IS NAMED FIXING RWBY, SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FUCKING FIX IT.

You're telling me the sole reason why Vernal, and that background sleaze got ascended from extra was so the autist can add more drama to his clusterfuck of a rewrite? Why did he not just focus on Yang, Raven, and their family issues instead? Adding Vernal and the Sleaze don't serve anything relevant in the plot as as whole and only there to give mind-bogglingly convoluted drama. For fucks sake is he making a rewrite of an action web series or a South-American telenovela based on RWBY?

Why oh why in the nine circles of hell and Satan's unsightly anus did he thought that it's a great idea to even make ABRN and the Malachites relevant? ABRN should've been a one off thing and the Mistralian racism subplot he was cooking with Ren and Nora should've been slam dunked into the proverbial rubbish bin because it's so infuriatingly stupid compared to the faunus subplot. The Malachites' (or the remaining twin) only purpose in his fucking rewrite is to have something going for Roman Torchwick, a man that should've stayed dead during volume 3.

Does he not realize that the same way the character cast in RWBY, Character relationships can get bloated too? Him introducing side characters so they can deepen interpersonal drama between the main characters is not good writing. Why didn't it occur in his brain that instead of adding a malachite twin plotting revenge into the mix, why not elaborate how Roman and Neo's relationship is straining because of fucking Ozpin literally living Rent free inside his head, or how Torchwick has to deal with working for Team RWBY now that he has a huge set of responsibilities shoved on him by Oz? Why introduce Sleazebag and Vernal, when you can have Summer Rose, or Taiyang being the reason why Raven is a deadbeat?

Why did he keep fucking Salem? Why did he decide to keep her and her coven? Why not just shove the redeeming parts of Salem's character into the literal nothing character that is Cinder and then salvage whoever he wanted in her coven? One of the main issues of the protagonists in the show also applies to the BBEGs, trimming them will be a MASSIVE relief in the writing department on the long run.

Why not have Cinder get some of Salem's good traits and have her take charge? Why not remove Hazel, and Tyrian in favor of Mercury being the muscle? Why not remove Watts in favour of Emerald being the right hand man? Not only does it reduce the cast it also avoid some characters being non entities inside the show. What does Tyrian and Hazel bring that Mercury can already provide for Cinder/Salem? Why does Watts Exist when you can have Emerald or Cinder have his Hacking Skills and personal beef with Atlas/the High Class? Why not let the main villains take advantage of the mischief that Raven or even the white fang are creating, it will actually help portray how competent Cinder and Co are for seizing opportunity of the chaos and using it to reach their goal.

And lasty, why, in the name of God, did he not remove the relics? Want to make the Grimm and to an extent, Cinder's Faction, and the white fang interesting and actually hold weight as a threat without relying on magical dohickeys? HAVE DUST BE A PLOT POINT. Cinder's faction is collecting lots of it and CelticPhoenix could've written it so that the Grimm tie in with dust. But how would he do this he might ask. IDK, make Grimm attracted to dust or something and a Beowolf snorting a good chunk of it is like pumping a bear full of steroids and cocaine. Now have that concept and make it relate to other subplots. I.E, That's the reason why Atlas and other continents don't want to relinquish slave labor of Faunus. Not only does it justify WF terrorism it also helps that Atlas has world monpoly on it, making Faunus rights a hard to swallow concept for Atlesians and Papa Schnee.

Jesus Christ, that's only 4 problems base RWBY had that CelticPhoenix and his FRWBY did not even bother fixing. For a guy who claims he's objectively better than M&K he sure does have lot common with them than his galaxy brain might've thought. The fact that CRWBY already made him a yellow bricked road and he still chose to go into writing completely unnecessary bullshit still amazes me everyday. Hot damn I need a bottle of Guiness right now, my head hurts like hell.

Last edited: