RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

The Periodic Gamer

kiwifarms.net
What would be a higher end hub to you? Legitimately curious.
That's a complicated question, one I'm hesitant to answer due to the fact that my profiles there aren't hardened the way this one is.

For me, higher end hubs are focused less on things like fanfiction, or individual fandoms, and more on writing in general. They tend to be professional author heavy, both in people who are published, and people who are hoping to publish.

The biggest thing about them is that there is a skill barrier to entry. Not in that they discriminate, but in that the concepts they talk about are incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't understand the basics at a bare minimum because these higher level concepts are discussions about the more esoteric areas of writing. Things where there is no right answer, only answers on individual story by story basis.

Simply put, it's a high level hub if a new writer can walk in on a random but typical conversation, and understand nothing that was said.

On a low level hub, you will get questions like "How do I make a sentence?"

On a high level hub, you will get "Pantsers versus Plotters; the tendency for the gardener style of thought to produce four times as many plot shifts compared to Plotter story of the same length, and the implications this has in writing."

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
That's a complicated question, one I'm hesitant to answer due to the fact that my profiles there aren't hardened the way this one is.

For me, higher end hubs are focused less on things like fanfiction, or individual fandoms, and more on writing in general. They tend to be professional author heavy, both in people who are published, and people who are hoping to publish.

The biggest thing about them is that there is a skill barrier to entry. Not in that they discriminate, but in that the concepts they talk about are incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't understand the basics at a bare minimum because these higher level concepts are discussions about the more esoteric areas of writing. Things where there is no right answer, only answers on individual story by story basis.

Simply put, it's a high level hub if a new writer can walk in on a random but typical conversation, and understand nothing that was said.

On a low level hub, you will get questions like "How do I make a sentence?"

On a high level hub, you will get "Pantsers versus Plotters; the tendency for the gardener style of thought to produce four times as many plot shifts compared to Plotter story of the same length, and the implications this has in writing."
I was wondering if you had specific examples, as I've thought about writing in the past myself.

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
I feel like his logic is that Adam's theme song should flow exactly like how the guy fights? Shouldn't theme songs be like an audio cue that helps establish what kind of character is present on screen? I mean 2003 clone wars grievous moves like crazy and fast but his theme is slow and ominous.

How the guy fights (skip to 2:54):
His theme song:
He doesn't really have a concept of how background music works. Just look at his own choices for songs. Some of them sound really out of place. I remember one scene having this fast jazz battle type music behind it and it was just a tense discussion or argument.
I'm a fanfic author.

The problem isn't that this is a fanfic author, the problem is this isn't a good author. Newer authors stick to low-skill author hubs. The kind that huff their own farts and don't have high level conversations about this kind of stuff. The high end kind are also the kind that a low-skill author like this would stay away from because he cannot understand what is being talked about because it is highly technical. However, the higher end hubs are also the only ones that will be talking about scripts.

This dude could legit just be a retard who doesn't know why scripts are different from prose, because no one told him, and he never bothered to google why.
I do agree with you. I once wrote a script for a play in college and its a very different experience than writing a prosr fiction. That guy clearly haven't had any experience with writing a script at all, or at the very least, learning about how to do it

Even as a "narrative essay", that's too flowery, too much prose and not much of actions. Its like the exact opposite of what you need to do to make a script. And if you see his background as a fanfic writer, that clearly shows. Hell, even as a prose fiction it's not that really good as well

People these days really need to read Shakespeare's plays again
Raymond's the type who thinks his creative writing degree and years of writing fanfiction have elevated him to another level. I've tried to explain to him why he needs to be focusing more on the emotions and actions, and he kept using the "narrative essay" excuse. It's so weird, because some scenes, he does get all detailed and flowery, but other scenes, he just brushes over more crucial moments. He likes his melodrama, so it's definitely odd. I honestly think the purpleness of his prose is more about what scenes he wanted to write most. In any case, he rambled past them so fast it doesn't make a difference. He can't put emotion or inflection into any of it.

Bonus creepiness I should have been way more put off by:
1642822101966.png

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that's totally normal. Not fetishistic at all.
Me, aged 20: I kissed her for the first time! I got a girlfriend! ☺️
This dude, aged 26, for some fucking reason: That's great! It's just like my anime! I can't wait for you two to have sex and many kids!

If you're wondering how I put up with this for so song, it's not as simple as it seems when you're friends with someone like this. They're nice to you, and a lot of people like them, so you just keep shrugging it off. It can't be that bad, right?

Juan's Sombrero

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
Me, aged 20: I kissed her for the first time! I got a girlfriend! ☺️
This dude, aged 26, for some fucking reason: That's great! It's just like my anime! I can't wait for you two to have sex and many kids!

If you're wondering how I put up with this for so song, it's not as simple as it seems when you're friends with someone like this. They're nice to you, and a lot of people like them, so you just keep shrugging it off. It can't be that bad, right?
Feels like the kind of guy my mom told me to stay away from.

Last edited:

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
Going off topic with the rewrites and to the subject of RWBY proper. I just want to share how Hypergryph, a literal Mobile game company can produce a mix of 2d and 3d animation of this caliber for a music video meant to promote their mobile game. Great music, flashy action, and stunning visuals. It's fucking surreal that an advertisement for a fucking mobile game casually pull off what RWBY has been trying to do for years now.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
Going off topic with the rewrites and to the subject of RWBY proper. I just want to share how Hypergryph, a literal Mobile game company can produce a mix of 2d and 3d animation of this caliber for a music video meant to promote their mobile game. Great music, flashy action, and stunning visuals. It's fucking surreal that an advertisement for a fucking mobile game casually pull off what RWBY has been trying to do for years now.

In all fairness Gacha is a multi million (if not billion) dollar industry, although I think it's funny that we're so off topic at this point in the thread that going to back to actual RWBY is getting us off topic.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net

Adel Aka has been saying the same for years, except with Honkai Impact as the example.

Dang Woodchucks!

Starlight Kid is my oshi
kiwifarms.net
Hey, been away from this thread a while and I skipped a few... maybe dozen pages? Meh, whatever.

Just wanted to remind y'all that the retardation and utter fail that RWBY is composed of in every molecule can probably make you mad at the internet at points, but it isn't worth your health. They ars not worth anyone in this thread getting a coronary or a migraine or stubbing your little toe against a doorframe in a split second lapse of spatial awareness.

I'm done being a WAFF faggot now, carry on.

The Periodic Gamer

kiwifarms.net
I was wondering if you had specific examples, as I've thought about writing in the past myself.
This will be my final post on this particular off topic tangent.

No.

For a writer, their writing is their fingerprint. It is highly identifiable. If I give you specific examples, you can and will be able to compare the writing I have posted here with writing in the discords. I'm not willing to dox myself by posting servers you know I am in. That being said, go onto a service like Disboard, go to the writing tag, and filter by users, or ratings, whichever you like the most. Join discords until you find one you like.

IneptRobot

You invaded it, you can un-vade it!
kiwifarms.net
Bonus creepiness I should have been way more put off by:
View attachment 2908902
>My poor shoujo-ai heart is so happy right now ;w;

metal-gear-solid-otacon.gif
>magic-science babies! ECKS-DEE

My god I hate that typing style, that faux-joy of someone babbling with excitement when it's just some pasty skinned moron sat behind their computer screen. It takes me back to message boards with people RPing as anime characters and that awful late00s/early 10's phase of LOLSORANDUMB humour that the internet went through.
He types like someone who still watches ASDF cartoons and thinks "Le epix muffinzors" is the peak of comedy. Happily that's mostly died down but you still see it certain circles with people 'squeeeing' or those dickheads who think using 'funny' alternative descriptors for everyday items.

Anyway, sorry you had to deal with this guy. It's not easy being legitimately fetishized and realising someone you assumed was a friend was actually only there because he wanted to vicariously live out his fantasies through you.

Skipjack

Epitaph to a Dog
kiwifarms.net
>My poor shoujo-ai heart is so happy right now ;w;

View attachment 2909615
>magic-science babies! ECKS-DEE

My god I hate that typing style, that faux-joy of someone babbling with excitement when it's just some pasty skinned moron sat behind their computer screen. It takes me back to message boards with people RPing as anime characters and that awful late00s/early 10's phase of LOLSORANDUMB humour that the internet went through.
He types like someone who still watches ASDF cartoons and thinks "Le epix muffinzors" is the peak of comedy. Happily that's mostly died down but you still see it certain circles with people 'squeeeing' or those dickheads who think using 'funny' alternative descriptors for everyday items.

It's wild to me that someone can be so removed from reality that they can't figure out that making comparisons to fetish anime genres, even as a joke, is not a thing you do with another person. "Magic-science babies" is probably a reference to those yuri fics where one of them grows the parts necessary for reproduction. Checking his AO3, it seems like he's even written one. Genuinely revolting with that context.
In all fairness Gacha is a multi million (if not billion) dollar industry, although I think it's funny that we're so off topic at this point in the thread that going to back to actual RWBY is getting us off topic.
I mean, RWBY lolcows are still RWBY. Volume 9 isn't going to be out any time soon, anyway. We're three months past the usual release for a volume, we have no release date or even a trailer. And this was supposed to be a shorter season.

Last edited:

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
It's wild to me that someone can be so removed from reality that they can't figure out that making comparisons to fetish anime genres, even as a joke, is not a thing you do with another person. "Magic-science babies" is probably a reference to those yuri fics where one of them grows the parts necessary for reproduction. Checking his AO3, it seems like he's even written one. Genuinely revolting with that context.
Huh... now that you mention it...
1642871485979.png

1642871537897.png

1642871557710.png

1642871593999.png

The Periodic Gamer

kiwifarms.net
Huh... now that you mention it...
View attachment 2910123
On one hand, that is honestly not bad when it comes to smut. On a technical basis, this guy is doing all the right things, which is actually rather surprising.

On the other hand, there is something distinctly unnerving about the open fetishization of others he is displaying. Sex pest territory here.

Smith wesson was right. This dude would fit right in with the RWBY production team. They really should give him an offer.

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
On one hand, that is honestly not bad when it comes to smut. On a technical basis, this guy is doing all the right things, which is actually rather surprising.

On the other hand, there is something distinctly unnerving about the open fetishization of others he is displaying. Sex pest territory here.

Smith wesson was right. This dude would fit right in with the RWBY production team. They really should give him an offer.
I'm pretty sure most of what he reads involves smut to some extent, so that doesn't surprise me. That being said, everything he writes sounds like it's written in his voice, so...

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
It's wild to me that someone can be so removed from reality that they can't figure out that making comparisons to fetish anime genres, even as a joke, is not a thing you do with another person.
Based on how he's talking, if it is a joke, it's a shitty joke that nobody would get. You can make jokes about literally anything, but you need to keep in mind the target audience for the joke, proper timing, and actually being funny.