RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the dump as always and good God, as an art sperg these illustrations are giving me a brain hemorrhage. The only one whose art skills that impressed me and really the only saving grace of the Sketchy Huntsmen, was the guy who made the architecture. tearing these elaborated plot points bit by bit will take me a while because holy hell this spergery is a LOT to take in even in summarized form.

Oh and as a side note; some of the attachments are broken or won't show at all.
Thanks for telling about attachments. However, I’m just…over it. I’m sorry, but after the stream, I don’t feel like going through the stream again to get the stuff that’s missing. I’ll make an exception if there’s something specific because then I’ll know what I’m looking for.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Can't quote so @Random Internet Person
Obviously I can't comment for sure about the people whose attachments are broken, but even then I don't think I'm missing much. That said:

...Is Coffee really the only one on the team who can actually...y'know, draw? Let alone draw shit that fits with the look of RWBY? Modded's picture was gorgeous but that's only one picture, and it feels more like concept art than anything. The rest are either so DeviantArt-anime-esque it physically hurts or are just plain shit. The storyboards I can only marginally give a pass to because they're not necessarily supposed to look great and convey the scene well enough I guess, but the rest...?

Normally I wouldn't give two shits about this kind of art if it was made by some random fans, but the gall to tout this as better than RWBY and putting on the air of professionals trying to fix a broken product, while not having the skills to back it up that completely nullifies that sticking point for me.

Decepticon Spy

is a self Identified Autobot.
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for telling about attachments. However, I’m just…over it. I’m sorry, but after the stream, I don’t feel like going through the stream again to get the stuff that’s missing. I’ll make an exception if there’s something specific because then I’ll know what I’m looking for.
Yeah won't hold it against you man. If I felt drained staying for less than a minute, I can't even imagine what great pains a man experienced sitting through 6 hours of monotonous voices and dull commentary. I would've awarded you with a Semper Fi if I could've because you're a real fucking trooper for weathering that.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Thank you to those who told me about the attachment problems. They should now be fixed.

Thanks for the dump as always and good God, as an art sperg these illustrations are giving me a brain hemorrhage. The only one whose art skills that impressed me and really the only saving grace of the Sketchy Huntsmen, was the guy who made the architecture. tearing these elaborated plot points bit by bit will take me a while because holy hell this spergery is a LOT to take in even in summarized form.
Celtic had a response stream for comments in the story. I’d rather watch one of those.

Smith Wesson

kiwifarms.net
Incorrect! Raymond even got into a bit of trouble because some of the models were stolen and edited.
@Rhymes 19 Interesting! I know that the Mercury and Cinder models were made by RXsilience on Deviantart, but did anyone else also give Celtic shit for this?

@Decepticon Spy I think all the architecture was done by TheFloofArtist, which is not bad for being the guy who was dissed during an RTX by Barb "IT'S A CaRToOoOoN!" Dunkelman. Not sure if it's a smart idea risking getting caught by the manager on Mickey D's, of all places. Or a Karen bitching about the "inefficiency" waiting for the order to be done.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
@Decepticon Spy I think all the architecture was done by TheFloofArtist, which is not bad for being the guy who was dissed during an RTX by Barb "IT'S A CaRToOoOoN!" Dunkelman. Not sure if it's a smart idea risking getting caught by the manager on Mickey D's, of all places. Or a Karen bitching about the "inefficiency" waiting for the order to be done.
I’ll just assume that he’s got something worked out with his boss. And I’m not even sure if he’s still working there anymore.

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net

Oh and as a side note; some of the attachments are broken or won't show at all.
A part of me wonders how people like Iliac even made the cut. Who on earth shades, action lines?

Incredible. Barely any of these people know how torsos work. The result of an internet art community who focuses on rendering and style over fundamentals. Those abs, jfc.
I actually once said something about that and was promptly ignored. Even good artists like Sun/Soon (I forget which spelling) draw abs like corn. Is it that hard to look up a reference?

Also, particularly insane quotes from @Random Internet Person's great summary:
"Noah thinks he’s made Shiloh really handsome, and he’s proud of that. Another artists says everyone made Shiloh look kind of handsome"
Maybe I'm not the best person to judge male attractiveness, but I strongly disagree with this sentence.

"Iliac had fun drawing Sad Jaune, with Celtic adding “the more Jaune can be miserable, the happier we are”."
I know Jaune isn't real, and he's definitely a terribly written character, but this feels kind of delusional. Jaune isn't a bad person. There are worse characters who represent worse things. I have characters I really do despise, but I don't lie awake at night getting off to the idea of them being tortured and miserable.

"Coffee was the main force for including the onsen, especially after discovering the SH weren’t serious about including it after she assumed it would be featured.
-The onsen came about as a matter of worldbuilding and showing off more of Mistral since many of Mistral’s influences (East Asia, Greeks, and Romans) all have cultures of bathing and hot springs, as well as being a neat setting."
Yes. Of course. Whatever you say. I'm so sick of worldbuilding. It's just a way to waste time while pretending it makes things feel more "real." You can "worldbuild" by having them walk around town.

"According to Celtic, they split one Karen, and Kali got the Live Laugh Love thing, while Raven got the wine mom drunk."
This is something that can only be said by a person who does not talk to real people outside. Everyone's just a meme phrase that sounds funny.

"Mint says he tends to do “expressive faces”."
And they don't communicate much.

"Coffee’s idea was to show Yang being in a state of contemplation after losing Vernal, along with not having completely forgiven Blake, but is willing to bury the hatchet. Celtic’s words were: “I lost somebody that could have been important to me. I don’t want to lose somebody that was important to me and I want to be important to me.”"
Yeah, this means nothing. All this communicates is the basic human emotion of "I dislike it when my friends die"

"Yuri calls this one of the most unique designs he came up with for this volume."
It's... a van.

"Celtic mentions a lot of female artists bonded over drawing Hazel, and he loves the facial expressions."
Glad you admit that horny was the driving force there.

"-Sino wanted to mirror the first shot and paint it as Lionheart exchanging one threat (Cinder and Salem) for another (Ruby and the heroes)."
So you drew the heroes as blobs???

"Celtic mentions that there were lines that were cut due to not fitting, along with his narration being omitted due to the SH convincing him to cut it. The line is Ruby/Vernal crying over a scratch, saying “I got pebble d Webble”, meaning pebble debris got into it."
I remember rejecting this as well. It's incredibly stupid to think you need to add cutesy comedy during a scene like that. Also, I wonder who convinced him to keep my music in this scene when he got rid of it for nearly everything else. I was always pretty proud of Vernal's theme.
@Rhymes 19 Interesting! I know that the Mercury and Cinder models were made by RXsilience on Deviantart, but did anyone else also give Celtic shit for this?

For your first question, there were eight artists my friend found he did not credit. A lot of the artists had put on their models not to use them in a monetized project. JayJay and Coffee were adamant that the models were theirs and they credited the others properly.
The rundown:
1643075252247.png

One of the artists contacted him directly, and through some basic professionalism, Celtic managed to clear it up. But the artist certainly wasn't happy. I won't show further screenshots to protect people's identities.

As for Floof, he's genuinely a great background artist. I can't stand the way he draws people, though. Why the gigantic eyelashes?

Smith Wesson

kiwifarms.net
@Rhymes 19 I swear, this bland Raz0rfist wannabe is starting to invoke every major taboo in the modern "broke artist" field, and I'm curious to know how long he can go based off of being a fanfiction idea with his faux-intellectualism. That, and being one of the few major fanfictions to get off the ground with this level of success.

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
@Rhymes 19 I swear, this bland Raz0rfist wannabe is starting to invoke every major taboo in the modern "broke artist" field, and I'm curious to know how long he can go based off of being a fanfiction idea with his faux-intellectualism. That, and being one of the few major fanfictions to get off the ground with this level of success.
Probably until his family finally gets tired of their 30-year-old son being a NEET

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
With all this effort, I wonder why the guy didn't just decide to make a whole brand new IP or story instead of what is basically just a fanfiction. But then again, as many have pointed out before in this thread (and beyond), fanfiction writers tend to either don't have the courage or skill to actually doing it

Smith Wesson

kiwifarms.net
With all this effort, I wonder why the guy didn't just decide to make a whole brand new IP or story instead of what is basically just a fanfiction. But then again, as many have pointed out before in this thread (and beyond), fanfiction writers tend to either don't have the courage or skill to actually doing it

He technically did write an IP and publish it on Amazon, and it was about yuri.

Decepticon Spy

kiwifarms.net
1C7FA13F-849C-44E5-9541-83E8BE83032B.jpeg

-Iliac says he did seven times the number of images he did for V4.
-The simple background is because of the focus on the characters
Jesus what the fuck, do I even need an explanation on what's fucking wrong with how he draws?

20B26A78-3F38-4A1B-BF3A-2F3AEA1B6119.jpeg

-Originally, it was meant to be daytime where Neptune is, but Iliac decided night would be more interesting.
Literally has the same energy.
AiRpLaNes-In-ThE-NiGhTsKy_S-aRe-ShOoTiNg-StArS.png

My man here just emits MASSIVE shitlord energy and I fucking love it, I can't decide whether the artsyle looking like a panel taken from Tails gets Trolled is a bonus or not though.

FAC1C4DC-3BAC-41A3-B933-B034F25617EF.jpeg

-One of the SH mentions screaming when this came up during the preview stream.
-Celtic says splitting the screen with the sword was “a unique touch”
Yeah I'll scream too if this suddenly popped out of my computer. It's absolute fucking nightmare and it's not because of the intended reason the artist had in mind.

I know this is a flashback scene but with the lack of filter to signify it is makes it unintentionally hilarious.

0A0C403E-918C-4864-ABED-4BDFD89F2640.jpeg

Hazel going after Roman was Iliac’s favorite moment to depict.
AD7DB302-4527-47AA-A246-86403083A1F3.jpeg

-The scene simply called for Hazel to slam Roman into the pillar.
-Illiac doesn’t recall how Hazel’s glowing eyes look in the main show, but the idea to have solid yellow eyes was to make Hazel look “inhuman”.

C9A29A00-8FBE-4B87-A680-7948BF4D3484.jpeg

-this pose was inspired by Cooler punching Goku in the gut.
Of course the guy with the fugly art style is a massive DBZfag

037238A4-7CA6-4824-A581-9409E6185E25.jpeg

-Iliac had fun drawing Sad Jaune, with Celtic adding “the more Jaune can be miserable, the happier we are”.
This scene loses it's intended impact once you realize that Iliac drew Weiss like a Beatles caricature. Fucking Ringo looking ass...

EDIT:
After getting a quick nap, I found out that during my moments of sleep depravity, I somehow thought that it was a good Idea to post this retarded shit instead of deleting it completely. I would've delete it right now had it not for someone having already reacted to it, so instead of going with the coward's way out I just decide to spoiler it instead, you can ignore it and continue as if nothing ever happened or go read it and rate me autistic, honestly I do not care what you do and I definitely agree that I 100% deserve the consequences.

Last edited:

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
I see.

Celtic, Fatman, and some of the other folk aside, were there other any notable people in the project that were this scummy?
Scummy? Not really. A lot of the artists instantly turned on me as soon as Raymond said the word, but I chalk that up to his status/influence among them. They're mostly pretty chill people, if a bit off. I remember one of the artists felt the need to share his NSFW commissions for some reason. That's why that server had an NSFW channel. It's also where Coffee showed off the Ruby/Yang fanart Raymond requested.

He technically did write an IP and publish it on Amazon, and it was about yuri.
He's since taken it off Amazon, though I do still have a copy. Internet is forever, etc.

Decepticon Spy

kiwifarms.net
Scummy? Not really. A lot of the artists instantly turned on me as soon as Raymond said the word, but I chalk that up to his status/influence among them. They're mostly pretty chill people, if a bit off. I remember one of the artists felt the need to share his NSFW commissions for some reason. That's why that server had an NSFW channel. It's also where Coffee showed off the Ruby/Yang fanart Raymond requested.
Either most of these artists are minors who are suffering to the worst kind of internet pressure or are so deluded by idol worship that if Phoenix deems you as a non person you're pretty much off to the proverbial guillotine. No matter what the circumstance is going on, this implies that FRWBY discord is turning into or in the worst case scenario already is a cult of personality. Can you elaborate this situation further? are some artists was or still close with you and do they still communicate with you and apologized or at the very least explain the happenstance or did the talking cease entirely after they found you out in KF?

Rhymes 19

kiwifarms.net
Either most of these artists are minors who are suffering to the worst kind of internet pressure or are so deluded by idol worship that if Phoenix deems you as a non person you're pretty much off to the proverbial guillotine. No matter what the circumstance is going on, this implies that FRWBY discord is turning into or in the worst case scenario already is a cult of personality. Can you elaborate this situation further? are some artists was or still close with you and do they still communicate with you and apologized or at the very least explain the happenstance or did the talking cease entirely after they found you out in KF?
I was never particularly close with any of the artists, but there are a couple I'm still on good terms with. They're very kind and talented people. Most of the Huntsmen actually aren't minors, for the record.

I was on good terms with most of them, though, until I got kicked/left. Someone sent me the messages of the server afterwards. Suddenly, they all hated me, even called me racist and sexist for objecting to the onsen. I remember ButterflyBlueLady calling me an "anti" like it was a slur, which I still find funny (their Twitter is full of loli discourse). Raymond called me "manipulative and scummy", and a bunch of them agreed. Evil, he called me. So much for 3 years of friendship. Truly, I had always been out to get him.

Screens:

Another fun part: he changed permissions to those scripts so I couldn't see them anymore... but I had already made copies of them hours earlier. I also had the full document he sent months before. "Based" indeed.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
I was never particularly close with any of the artists, but there are a couple I'm still on good terms with. They're very kind and talented people. Most of the Huntsmen actually aren't minors, for the record.

I was on good terms with most of them, though, until I got kicked/left. Someone sent me the messages of the server afterwards. Suddenly, they all hated me, even called me racist and sexist for objecting to the onsen. I remember ButterflyBlueLady calling me an "anti" like it was a slur, which I still find funny (their Twitter is full of loli discourse). Raymond called me "manipulative and scummy", and a bunch of them agreed. Evil, he called me. So much for 3 years of friendship. Truly, I had always been out to get him.

Screens:

Another fun part: he changed permissions to those scripts so I couldn't see them anymore... but I had already made copies of them hours earlier. I also had the full document he sent months before. "Based" indeed.
I like how Celtic fails to understand that sharing around his work isn't slandering him, it's just sharing his work. We're reading what he's presenting and deciding that he's retarded and scummy based on his own actions and beliefs.

But I suppose that is on brand for someone who thinks they're God's gift to writing.

Decepticon Spy

kiwifarms.net

Screens:
Well then got all the pieces to finally put the puzzle together then, thankfully it's not a cult of personality, what we do have is your run-of-the-mill circlejerk hivemind. Also wow, really? Evil? welp that just goes to show his level of maturity. although it's a shame that we no longer have an inside woman, it's a pretty big relief that you no longer have the mental burden of dealing with a manchild with a massive stiffy for your sexual preference and his social group of nonces.

Nice work, joke's on him as well, this action will only serve to deteriorate his credibility as both a writer and a critic. Also for a self-proclaimed critic he sure can't handle it when criticism is being dished out on him. Pretty wild too that his antics draws a lot of parallels from CRWBY's Antics...

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
Nice work, Jokes on him as well this action will only serve to deteriorate his credibility as both a writer and a critic. Also for a self-proclaimed critic he sure can't handle it when criticism is being dished out on him. Pretty wild too that his antics draws a lot of parallels from CRWBY's Antics...
This is the kind of comment he thinks pertinent to leave underneath someone else's Youtube stream where he showed up for like twenty minutes and spent most of that time trashing his friend Fatmanfalling.

untitled.png