RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Why would Ruby be the protagonist? She's the second worst girl of the main four character wise and Weiss is easily the best since she's the only one who's at all interesting.
Because she has chosen one powers. And it was her trailer thought got everyone hyped. And despite being an ensemble cast, she’s the character who’s guiding the audience through the world metaphorically, at least at the start of the show that was the case.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
Because she has chosen one powers. And it was her trailer thought got everyone hyped. And despite being an ensemble cast, she’s the character who’s guiding the audience through the world metaphorically, at least at the start of the show that was the case.
…..and, ya know, for all intents and purposes the show is named after her.

But it’s really no different from Saitama being turned into a side character in “his” manga.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
…..and, ya know, for all intents and purposes the show is named after her.

But it’s really no different from Saitama being turned into a side character in “his” manga.
No, I get it, she is ostensibly the titular character of the show. But she's still not a great character and I can see where someone like Weiss would probably test better with a Japanese audience. Or really any audience.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree with your statement here but you need to replace Final Fantasy with Persona lol. That series has taken over as the normie jrpg and its unfortunate because I love Persona and SMT in general but I do not like the normie interest in it.

But this is genuinely the thing. Animu has surged in popularity to the point where it now has consoom product status so now everybody considers themselves an animu fan. I had this realization myself when I went convention hopping and after chatting up some people who, while they knew the big stuff like MHA and DBZ, had no idea what Yu Yu Hakusho was.

Yu Yu fucking Hakusho. How do you not know one of the GOATS?
Yeah Persona is probably the more relevant 'normie' JRPG nowadays, I frankly try, and seemed to have succeeded, in ignoring its existence now after Persona 5 blew up and every dumb faggot compares every game to Persona 5 (Especially when the TWEWY sequel was coming out which made me MATI).

To explain why YYH isn't acknowledged is simple, to some of these people YYH's manga is older then they are, and the anime came out when they were probably six or something. DBZ is just too mainstream even if DBZ is about as old as YYH, and MHA is effectively this generations Naruto. It is such a shame that One Piece had such a terrible start in the west, because despite its length One Piece is to me the closet long running shonen series that deserves its immense length compared to all others like it.

Also YYH is a fairly weird story within its genre, it is a typical battle anime with a huge focus on a pretty grounded (for a show where you can blast walls with your finger gun) coming of age story told from a young delinquent man's perspective as opposed to a plucky hero's journey like Deku who is effectively a nerd with a big heart which is more easy to understand for the typical anime fan. So it isn't as relatable or as empathetic in current year where being an asshole like Yusuke is considered a sign of a bad character instead of simply being who Yusuke is. I can imagine many woketards not giving a fuck about Yusuke's death because Yusuke is a colossal asshole at the start of the show and something something Keiko is being abused because Yusuke looked up her skirt and treats her poorly because he's an emotionally stunted mess.

Kuwabara has also aged like milk in today's political gender focused landscape due to Kuwabara being very intentionally a very standard 'hero guy who saves damsel' hero on the surface with how he works off Yukina. Though I unironically think Kuwabara is my second favorite of the main four as I've grown up even if he gets fucked over in the last major arc. Kuwabara and Yusuke are characters that I feel grow better with you as you look back because they really show the coming of age of two different yet similar young men. Kuwabara may be a jobber about 80% of the time, but he's the GOAT of all jobbers.

I don't even hate current age anime like most people seem to, but boy do current age anime fans really do not even try to find anything these days.

Sleazy Car Salesman

Believe me when I say that I will take your money
kiwifarms.net
I don't even hate current age anime like most people seem to, but boy do current age anime fans really do not even try to find anything these days.
I don't hate current age anime, I just wish that modern anime didn't feel so incestuous. And I don't mean the "We're not technically related" genre, I mean the largely homogenus characters settings and plots between shows.

LecherousGranolaBar

kiwifarms.net
I don't hate current age anime, I just wish that modern anime didn't feel so incestuous. And I don't mean the "We're not technically related" genre, I mean the largely homogenus characters settings and plots between shows.
another 800 isekais coming right up.

Yeah Persona is probably the more relevant 'normie' JRPG nowadays, I frankly try, and seemed to have succeeded, in ignoring its existence now after Persona 5 blew up and every dumb faggot compares every game to Persona 5 (Especially when the TWEWY sequel was coming out which made me MATI).

To explain why YYH isn't acknowledged is simple, to some of these people YYH's manga is older then they are, and the anime came out when they were probably six or something. DBZ is just too mainstream even if DBZ is about as old as YYH, and MHA is effectively this generations Naruto. It is such a shame that One Piece had such a terrible start in the west, because despite its length One Piece is to me the closet long running shonen series that deserves its immense length compared to all others like it.

Also YYH is a fairly weird story within its genre, it is a typical battle anime with a huge focus on a pretty grounded (for a show where you can blast walls with your finger gun) coming of age story told from a young delinquent man's perspective as opposed to a plucky hero's journey like Deku who is effectively a nerd with a big heart which is more easy to understand for the typical anime fan. So it isn't as relatable or as empathetic in current year where being an asshole like Yusuke is considered a sign of a bad character instead of simply being who Yusuke is. I can imagine many woketards not giving a fuck about Yusuke's death because Yusuke is a colossal asshole at the start of the show and something something Keiko is being abused because Yusuke looked up her skirt and treats her poorly because he's an emotionally stunted mess.

Kuwabara has also aged like milk in today's political gender focused landscape due to Kuwabara being very intentionally a very standard 'hero guy who saves damsel' hero on the surface with how he works off Yukina. Though I unironically think Kuwabara is my second favorite of the main four as I've grown up even if he gets fucked over in the last major arc. Kuwabara and Yusuke are characters that I feel grow better with you as you look back because they really show the coming of age of two different yet similar young men. Kuwabara may be a jobber about 80% of the time, but he's the GOAT of all jobbers.

Perhaps it is a blessing then my favorite anime stays out of the spotlight. Thinking about it, lord knows how much stink there would be about the part where Yusuke refuses to beat up a woman, then changes his mind when he finds out she has a cock.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Finally! 12C22705-2376-4198-BD34-75B2DAE0B7FD.jpeg

7F84A210-4B3A-44AE-B06C-1101C9521EC7.jpeg8E0C25BF-DF92-4F98-9CDD-C32CC15117D6.jpeg4AFE8F86-A30C-48F7-8184-C12EA76CE1D9.jpeg

Edited to add some images.

Last edited:

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
I agree with you, modern anime does feel very incestuous. It's like all the shows are set in the same universe and share the same characters. I miss the days when each show was its own unique world with its own story to tell.

Smith Wesson

kiwifarms.net

Polyphemus

kiwifarms.net
The teaser for V9 dropped:

And four minutes of the volume's first episode:

Last edited:

Mega Black

kiwifarms.net
But she's still not a great character and I can see where someone like Weiss would probably test better with a Japanese audience.
It's a shame because she did have shades of characterization and potential conflict in the early volumes that was slowly sanded off over time. It's like RT just forgot key character traits of hers, like her ability to design weapons and her affection for it. She could have been the team gearhead, that would have been endearing and fun.
Don't tell me it's some kind of "We're all dead and on an adventure to escape the underworld because Ruby fell in the spooky void" filler arc shit, because that's probably the last thing a show with pacing this slow needs.
That's exactly what it's going to be. I expected nothing and was still disappointed. Things were finally happening and now we're going to spend an entire volume fucking around in the faewilds and wangsting.