RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Here's a question: go back to when Monty died was breaking news. If RT decided to either end the series after Volume 3 since it was already in production, or cancel it leaving Volume 2 to be the last thing made of RWBY, and RT just released a blog post or a video detailing Monty's future plans for the series and just leaving the fans that, would that be something you'd be cool with?
I was never that invested and already moving away from RT's content as a whole at the time. So frankly I would see it as sad that a promising series was shit-canned but have complete understanding as to why. That is assuming I didn't know what it would become of course. if i did know, then I would be happy it left off on a flawed and unfinished, but ultimately entertaining end rather than wallow in the dog shit pandering and, frankly, insulting mess it has become.

• Agree
Reactions: Roland Daggett

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Here's a question: go back to when Monty died was breaking news. If RT decided to either end the series after Volume 3 since it was already in production, or cancel it leaving Volume 2 to be the last thing made of RWBY, and RT just released a blog post or a video detailing Monty's future plans for the series and just leaving the fans that, would that be something you'd be cool with?
Thats kind of unfair to answer thanks to hindsight and now established bias against this current shit. Back then I probably would have been upset they didn't try to continue his legacy, whereas current me is upset they shat all over his legacy.

Sun Shihong

Forgotten Panda Pokémon
kiwifarms.net
Letting the series fade after Monty's death would be for the best. I'm sure that anybody with a functional brain would create a better spiritual successor that could end up being a natural improvement of what they have wrapped up. And don't get started on the "Monty's vision or future for the series" because he was, like others said (And I agree) that he was a natural talent in terms of action coordination, but he lacked long-term planning.

In the end, like many others, it should have ended sooner. The series have not only blatant tokenism and pandering, but the Naruto levels of padding and" too much big bads threatening the world; and yet, nothing critical happens until the higher ups say so".

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
They can end it. Just either let Salem slay them all or arrange their defeat so throughly (like loudly offering to spare Atlas if someone turns in RWBY and Ironwood over to her and sweetening the deal by promising less Grimm attacks to instead turn them on Faunusland) Team Ruby retreats as either fugitives if word spreads or with the blood of Atlas staining them. If the latter, RWBY retreat into the sunset as rogues who accept the words of the late Roman.

Reactions: Pixy Misa

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Being greenlit by a company teetering on the brink and relying almost solely on said shows success doesn't exactly mean anything positive. These morons really need to develop some common sense one of these days. They just keep hurting themselves when the inevitable implosion happens.
My favorite comment was the one clown calling people Simps before mentioning Vic.

Like lmfao, Cuck Teeth are literally the ones who held an event where they touted as a Cuck Event (Including people dressed in T-Shirts and Panties) being COMPLETELY unironic and trying to "take the word back" but failing to realize that it only made them look supremely exceptional.

This company isn't worth shit, and the asslickers like that Simp who called others Simps are a joke.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
My favorite comment was the one clown calling people Simps before mentioning Vic.

Like lmfao, Cuck Teeth are literally the ones who held an event where they touted as a Cuck Event (Including people dressed in T-Shirts and Panties) being COMPLETELY unironic and trying to "take the word back" but failing to realize that it only made them look supremely exceptional.

This company isn't worth shit, and the asslickers like that Simp who called others Simps are a joke.
Is there any photo or video evidence. I think this needs to be seen to be believed.
Being greenlit by a company teetering on the brink and relying almost solely on said shows success doesn't exactly mean anything positive. These morons really need to develop some common sense one of these days. They just keep hurting themselves when the inevitable implosion happens.
Funny, a buddy of mine on Discord posted this.
5A11CC99-532C-4C53-88A6-D94433CD3EAA.jpeg

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net

Wait, they seriously did that? Fuck me, how did I miss that? When was this?

Roland Daggett

President of Daggett Industries
kiwifarms.net
I like all these ideas you guys are spitballing. Honestly though, what I'd want out of RWBY if I still cared would be for it to return to its roots as a series where the story is just an excuse to watch cool anime characters in OTT fights, none of this fake deep plot shit. Even in V1 with Monty on board, his writing and worldbuilding was still very 'stock anime tropes'. I think he needed an editor or someone to reign him in and properly direct him with the other staff, I remember a lot of shit like Monty sneaking in that entire piece of animation for V2's stinger where Yang finally meets Raven unmasked which the other writers weren't aware of at the time. When you do things like that, you are asking for plotholes to pop up - how is a team supposed to make a quality story when one of its members keeps introducing random shit? Doesn't matter if he's the original creator, tons of 'geniuses' must get their efforts cut and rearranged by their editors all the time.

I get the impression Monty withheld a lot of his ideas (unwittingly or not) from the others like this which is why we have such a mess with everything post V3 because interpreting a dead man's notes is not the same as him telling you his direction, like what he wants with the Maidens, and planning it with you. We're so far into the future now it seems like they dropped all pretense of working with whatever he left behind - M+K are basically making original DARK fanfic flavour nonsense with the remains of a series that was half baked anyway.
Monty didn't just sneak stuff in out of nowhere. Monty had to fight RT for that scene with Yang and Raven to be included so they absolutely knew about it. But they hated his ideas and retconned that scene out of existence as soon as he was dead. Monty did have a tendency to spontaneously introduce things, most notably being Neo during Volume 2, but they worked together on the show. It's clear Monty was the soul behind RWBY and Miles and Kerry were there writing the story he came up with. The plothole came because Miles and Kerry are such whiny bitches they got mad that Monty wanted to follow through on the plotline of Yang meeting her biological mother... which was set up from Yang's first appearance in the original trailers. We can see just how badly Miles and Kerry did that plotline later after sidelining Raven for no reason.

I don't believe Monty ever had any real concrete plan for the show, but I do think he had a bunch of ideas. I still say that the idea that Monty had detailed plans for 10 Volumes and Miles is just following that is a fucking lie. I don't think Monty told Miles and Kerry everything he had in his head, but they don't care. They didn't want to listen to Shane or Monty's wife or anyone who could have possibly helped. Miles wanted to turn the show into his thing and you can tell with how severely Volume 4 changes things that Miles and RT wanted to scrub the show clean of Monty's influence before his body was even cold. With Monty gone yes that does hamper things but any halfway decent writer could continue the story in a way that's at least serviceable. These two idiots couldn't even manage that and shat the bed as soon as they were in charge. We didn't even get Monty's ideas for Volume 3, just Miles' attempt at executing a few scattered ideas Monty had.

I feel like 1 and 2 were condensed enough, which probably makes the tone shift in 3 pretty jarring. You had Roman and Neo who were small enough to be considered "recurring villains", with the White Fang you had goons for action scenes and Adam and Chainsaw Guy for boss fights. And if you want endgame, there's Cinder and her henchmen in Mercury and Emerald, especially since Cinder was shown a lot to be like a final boss in those volumes. Combine that with the "anime high school" that Beacon is and things going on "in the shadows" for Team RWBY to just stumble upon or press further on and you got yourself a pretty neatly packages web series....and then they revealed Salem and made it into a bootleg Final Fantasy game.

Wasn't that what Miles and Kerry were for as two additional writers? I mean, Monty was the director, so it was either Miles and Kerry as writers or Gray Haddock as the producer.
Volumes 1 and 2 felt pretty consistent with each other. Generally lighthearted but then would occasionally dip into something a bit more serious but the show was never all that dark. There was never any real danger of something ultra dark happening. Until Volume 3 and the show veered right off a cliff and offed some of the most interesting characters. Roman is still the only villain who was even worth a damn to begin with and they got rid of him quickly (after sidelining his character for damn near 3/4 of the Volume). I completely agree with you the first couple seasons felt like they set things up pretty well, even with some stumbling in the execution. Now they try to make the show a massive world spanning epic but can't figure out how to world build to save their lives.

Yes Miles and Kerry were put on RWBY when Monty requested writers to help him. He admitted that he's not the best writer and needed help, but unfortunately for him he got Chucklefuck 1 and Chucklefuck 2 for help. And the second Monty is out of the picture they can't even manage to hold together a single plotline for just a few episodes. It's pathetic.

I think the best decision would have been to just let the show die and leave it at the first two Volumes. If they wanted to continue it they needed to take a lot of time off and get better writers involved to help with the show. There's a lot of potential with the show but it needs work, especially when the guy behind the show suddenly died leaving them with only incomplete ideas and a few things Monty had told them. They could have written the show well even if they were picking up the pieces, but RT doesn't care about quality they wanted money from RWBY.

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
All you need to do is cut all mentions or hints of Salem and have Jaune hurl himself with Cinder out the tower while Adam just runs away making a "this isn't over Blakeuuu!!!" if the goal is to just end the series at Volume 3 (with Blake and Adam's history relegated to a spin-off). Cinder already was enough of a "big evil" for the series at that point, even accepting that supposedly Salem was a Monty character (and even then it's embarrassingly obvious that what Salem turned out to be doesn't fit with what we're told in the earliest talk on Remnant/Ozpin's history).

Actually, build on that spin-off pitch. Instead of making the universe forced to revolve around RWBY just accept that their story, as a team anyway, really ended in Volume 3. Have say, Volume 7 happen with Team FNKI stepping in against Jacques' schemes that snowballs into driving off Salem's minions. And so on.

Speaking of Ozpin, I'm telling you, the headcanon where he was "Evil" or at least a chessmaster treating everyone around him as pawns in a huge game of chess wouldn't have taken off like it did if he was a milf lady ala Glynda (or even if Glynda was there in Ozpin's place).

Last edited:
Tags
None