RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget Weiss being a necromancer. And really, the wall between magic and Semblances is poorly done since:

A. They made Semblances too much of a kitchen sink situation where the users have whatever powers the showrunners thought wuz kewl or do whatever they needed for the plot. How is something like Qrow or Robyn's Semblances not magic?
B. What we see of magic from the Maiden isn't different enough from Semblances.

I already posted about this but they would have done better if they had the Maidens and Relics be one. Give a Maiden something more abstract.
Thing is, having a kitchen sink situation is not really a bad thing if you know how to do it right.

- One Piece has Devil Fruits of all kind
- HxH has a whole concept of Nen
- Jujutsu Kaisen has highly complex powers
- Chainsaw Man also has unique powered characters
- Ma'Cademia has a unique powered people everywhere
- Black Clover has unique magic for all

If one's just a bad writer anyway than it's on the writing of the show than the concept itself. If you're just a shit writer who doesn't know how to write, let alone make shit coherent. Than you'll always be fucking called out.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
If one's just a bad writer anyway than it's on the writing of the show than the concept itself. If you're just a shit writer who doesn't know how to write, let alone make shit coherent. Than you'll always be fucking called out.
I think the Nasuverse is also a good example.

I'm not that well versed in that universe, as I only really play the phone game, so forgive any mistakes, but they do make the distinction between two types of magic work.

You got a literal "mage association" and people throwing spells all day, and yet the existence of "magic" separate from that is still made impressive because there is a clear distinction between the two.

The key difference being that "Magecraft" is what normal mages do, but is limited to what science can do. In other words, magecraft can achieve what's already possible via impossible means.

Whereas "magic" can do what would otherwise be impossible like resurrect the dead.

RWBY doesn't make that distinction so "semblances" and "magic" are functionally identical, except that Magic users can do more than one trick. That's it.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget Weiss being a necromancer. And really, the wall between magic and Semblances is poorly done since:

A. They made Semblances too much of a kitchen sink situation where the users have whatever powers the showrunners thought wuz kewl or do whatever they needed for the plot. How is something like Qrow or Robyn's Semblances not magic?
B. What we see of magic from the Maiden isn't different enough from Semblances.

I already posted about this but they would have done better if they had the Maidens and Relics be one. Give a Maiden something more abstract.
Thing is, having a kitchen sink situation is not really a bad thing if you know how to do it right.

- One Piece has Devil Fruits of all kind
- HxH has a whole concept of Nen
- Jujutsu Kaisen has highly complex powers
- Chainsaw Man also has unique powered characters
- Ma'Cademia has a unique powered people everywhere
- Black Clover has unique magic for all

I think the Nasuverse is also a good example.

I'm not that well versed in that universe, as I only really play the phone game, so forgive any mistakes, but they do make the distinction between two types of magic work.

You got a literal "mage association" and people throwing spells all day, and yet the existence of "magic" separate from that is still made impressive because there is a clear distinction between the two.

The key difference being that "Magecraft" is what normal mages do, but is limited to what science can do. In other words, magecraft can achieve what's already possible via impossible means.

Whereas "magic" can do what would otherwise be impossible like resurrect the dead.

RWBY doesn't make that distinction so "semblances" and "magic" are functionally identical, except that Magic users can do more than one trick. That's it.
Honestly, one of the problems with the show after volume three is that the show plays REALLY fast and loose with the rules for its powers, or at least it used to and now they’re trying to reverse engineer things to insert rules. Hell, I contend that back when Monty was around, aura was just Monty’s way of hand waving blows that’d potentially kill someone. And now, a broken aura is probably the only thing separating a fight where you’re supposed to care about the outcome from a bunch of flashy bullshit.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Man, it's funny how Adam was never really a good character.
He had potential & great character design, but the writers ruined everything.
I think someone said a few pages ago that Adam only existed from day one to give Blake an adversary. When you put it like that....damn that’s rough.

Also, someone on Reddit ranked ships. https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/fqbdxl/18_most_popular_rwby_ships_ranked_by_how_canon/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I think someone said a few pages ago that Adam only existed from day one to give Blake an adversary. When you put it like that....damn that’s rough.

Also, someone on Reddit ranked ships. https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/fqbdxl/18_most_popular_rwby_ships_ranked_by_how_canon/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
To this day, I will forever be mad about Adam's death for many reasons, but also can't help but chuckle to think that M&K swept the literal runaway slave under a rug even after revealing his brand.

Also on the list thing, besides BlackSun being in the "evidence against" section and Bumbleby being in the "evidenced" section (because apparently V4-5 is not a thing anymore and Blake and Sun didn't have chemistry), I am glad that the married couple was Kali and Ghira because fanart and fanfics (and some other art unrelated to this show) have made me more appreciative for those two.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
You triple-posted the 2nd pic & the convo is still incomplete. I'll post it, link the tweet
I can't tell what is more autistic. The twitter rambling of what is, almost undoubtedly, an insecure landwhale or the way you chose to show us it.
This should be better. Or at least not worse.
91A6AB4B-1453-4275-855B-70EE38D841DF.jpeg
6DB66390-2E2C-468D-A751-998160302C36.jpeg
E88C1E50-4C5F-4FA8-A145-E12A7EC28CE5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Late
Reactions: Xenomorphs Are Cute
Tags
None