RWBY - The Hindenburg on which Rooster Teeth rests its hopes, dreams and future

Rondo Richter Belmont

kiwifarms.net
I've been busy elsewhere, so I don't have a quip because my head hurts. https://ramblings-by-sasskage.tumbl...y-talk-my-opinions-on-rwby-critics-on-youtube
Several things to go over, but I have no opinions on Xiao Long, Muffin Man Dan, or Kaito due to not being as familiar with them.

It’s really no surprise that she likes Tommy best, but in regards to his critic stuff that was primarily Volume 5 crap and when the CRWBY decided to pander to the Shipping Jihadists for Bumblebee;was there a change in Tommy’s tune after this blatant “safe, pandering, Lesbian ship” had been on course for Canonization in which he became less critical, only to call them out over doing “BERRY UR GEIS!” towards Clover and Qrow, nevermind that the former barely even qualified for the Ambiguously Gay.

Vexed is a good critic because he really gets into the critiques such as Yang not even acknowledging Summer Rose as her mother, or that she and Ruby have so little interactions post-V3 that if you told someone these two were half-sisters it would catch them off-guard due to said lacking interactions. Also, this chick being offended by Vexed calling characters “wenches” is hilarious because Vex could call them far more worse derogatories and in the show they HAVE been called worse.

Cal is nothing more than a RWBY shill who joined in the Clover / Qrow nonsense (Even going far to make a god-awful video over LGBT shit), and girlfriend to Murder of Birds (Another shill), along with her exceptional behavior of wishing buses to hit people when she got her panties in a twist after Cuck Teeth got called out for not virtue signaling that their former VP got outed as a wife-beater;showing their Double Standard in regards to Vic Mignogna and Weeb Wars.

Adel is also a good critic, even if he occasionally rambles during certain videos;his video on why Jacques Schnee as a ”Antagonist” (At least one of somewhat) didn’t work because he’s primarily tied to Weiss, and we already knew that the Faunus shit wasn’t gonna come back after such a negative reaction they’ve had since their inception back in V1.

The less we say about V7 being a Trump Circlejerk, the better.

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
I found this interesting thread where OP speculates that Blake in this day and age is basically Arryn's self-insert instead of a character.

I fully agree.
I think one comment put things in a pretty clear lens.
In my opinion, ( And I don't know any of them personally at RT) none of them were ready for fame at their level. When you become famous, unfortunately, you just have different experiences than people. And if you got famous for your work on a series, then your experience in the fandom is different than a lot of other people's. An example of this is a scriptwriter knowing ahead of time how his work ends. They will no longer have the surprise an audience does.

JK Rowling destroyed her credibility with fans because she kept introducing things and details. Most of them read like shit posts. However because she is the author of the series, it means all of those things are technically canon to the world of Harry Potter. This is another example, when you are heavily involved in the creative process, your words carry a lot of weight.

This is true in every fandom, and it is true in RWBY also. I remember when a theory circulated that Nora was transgender, due to her outfit in V7 having the colors of the trans flag. When the voice actress for Nora liked some of the tweets in regards to this, that's when the theory really began to pick up traction.

Fair Game picked up traction because of how many people in the writing process liked art, reblogged art, and interacted with the community who shipped it. Even if they never confirmed anything, they still showed a heavy amount of support which, right, wrong or indifferent got a lot of people excited and felt so angry when it didn't happen, and it ended the way it did.

Now how does this tie into Arryn? In my opinion, she carries herself very unprofessionally, especially when it comes to ships. If she were anyone else, just a fan of the series, it wouldn't matter. But she isn't. She's Blake's actress which means people who want their headcanons about Blake confirmed, or their ships for Blake confirmed cast their eyes her way to see what she has to say. She has a tweet where she said ' She felt it in her balls since day 1' in regards to BumblBY which lead to debates and flame wars about if it was planned from the start. She has tweets making ambiguous statements about if it's canon or not, getting people more invested in it.

Arryn can be a fan of the series of course. But as the actress for Blake, she has to carry herself much differently in regards to how she interacts with the community. As for the self-insert thing, I don't know her enough to say, but I definitely see her romantic history with Miles being a reason why Adam, Illia and Sun are all canon attracted to her ( and Yang, sure if you want to toss it on there. I don't see it myself but eh). A similar thing happened with Community, Britta was based on the girl the writer was dating at the time and so was added to a lot more scenes.

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Several things to go over, but I have no opinions on Xiao Long, Muffin Man Dan, or Kaito due to not being as familiar with them.

It’s really no surprise that she likes Tommy best, but in regards to his critic stuff that was primarily Volume 5 crap and when the CRWBY decided to pander to the Shipping Jihadists for Bumblebee;was there a change in Tommy’s tune after this blatant “safe, pandering, Lesbian ship” had been on course for Canonization in which he became less critical, only to call them out over doing “BERRY UR GEIS!” towards Clover and Qrow, nevermind that the former barely even qualified for the Ambiguously Gay.

Vexed is a good critic because he really gets into the critiques such as Yang not even acknowledging Summer Rose as her mother, or that she and Ruby have so little interactions post-V3 that if you told someone these two were half-sisters it would catch them off-guard due to said lacking interactions. Also, this chick being offended by Vexed calling characters “wenches” is hilarious because Vex could call them far more worse derogatories and in the show they HAVE been called worse.

Cal is nothing more than a RWBY shill who joined in the Clover / Qrow nonsense (Even going far to make a god-awful video over LGBT shit), and girlfriend to Murder of Birds (Another shill), along with her exceptional behavior of wishing buses to hit people when she got her panties in a twist after Cuck Teeth got called out for not virtue signaling that their former VP got outed as a wife-beater;showing their Double Standard in regards to Vic Mignogna and Weeb Wars.

Adel is also a good critic, even if he occasionally rambles during certain videos;his video on why Jacques Schnee as a ”Antagonist” (At least one of somewhat) didn’t work because he’s primarily tied to Weiss, and we already knew that the Faunus shit wasn’t gonna come back after such a negative reaction they’ve had since their inception back in V1.

The less we say about V7 being a Trump Circlejerk, the better.
I like Vex's takes, because apart from the blunt way he put down the "racism" narrative of the show; which was forgettable, he doesn't mince words in showing why nearly every schematic of the writing is inconsistent, dumb, and clumsy. Did you see his latest video about Weiss?

Last edited:

Chilson

kiwifarms.net

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net
Yang is Barbara's and miles is Jeane, so this really isn't anything new. I wouldn't be surprised if every character was just a self-insert of their respective VC at RT.
screen 3.png

Seriously this makes me think that Arryn is just trying super hard to get public support from those gatherings because she knew social media won't necessarily have people backing her up because of how super divided the fanbase is and everyone can say whatever they like without filter on internet.

While on public gatherings like those cons, interviews and whatnot -- she'll only be surrounded by yes-boys and yes-girls so she doesn't have to worry about naysayers swaying her personal beliefs and opinions.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1308716

Seriously this makes me think that Arryn is just trying super hard to get public support from those gatherings because she knew social media won't necessarily have people backing her up because of how super divided the fanbase is and everyone can say whatever they like without filter on internet.

While on public gatherings like those cons, interviews and whatnot -- she'll only be surrounded by yes-boys and yes-girls so she doesn't have to worry about naysayers swaying her personal beliefs and opinions.
Again this isn't surprising. Barabara and Miles create the same hug boxes wherever they go online and offline in regards to Rwby.

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net
Again this isn't surprising. Barabara and Miles create the same hug boxes wherever they go online and offline in regards to Rwby.
This is why I often consider CRWBY to be nothing more than Bubble creatures.

Because they only know how to stay in their bubbles and never step outside of it to admit fault.

And even if they do, it's often just half-assed lip services and it all only boil down to "We're trying" or "We know the criticisms, but we just don't like assholes."

Different day, same old shit.

firestoopscience

General Who Stabilizes the East
kiwifarms.net
Yang is Barbara's and miles is Jeane, so this really isn't anything new. I wouldn't be surprised if every character was just a self-insert of their respective VC at RT.
So with the logic with got... are Barb and Arryn in some secret lesbian relationship that will come out once Bumblebee is considered 100% canon in-show? Because it's just weird that they are heavily fetishizing their own characters that they play to be in a relationship.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Effluvium

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
It continually amazes me that these spergs don't realize why they are being "bullied". Its because you run roughshod over the internet (and real life probably) acting like a spastic and the only way you will shut the fuck up and go away is when people directly tell you to shut the fuck up and go away. Take the hint and shut the fuck up and go away or learn to act like a responsible adult.

Dang Woodchucks!

Whatamark@noneyabusiness.org
kiwifarms.net
It continually amazes me that these spergs don't realize why they are being "bullied". Its because you run roughshod over the internet (and real life probably) acting like a spastic and the only way you will shut the fuck up and go away is when people directly tell you to shut the fuck up and go away. Take the hint and shut the fuck up and go away or learn to act like a responsible adult.
Not even necessarily a responsible one, just one that can stand in a crowded bus stop (for example) without being the center of a shitshow.

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
I'm torn between calling them lazy for blatantly asking others to do their jobs for them and dying inside because I know the fandom will submit some of the fucking dumbest designs humanly possible.

I cant watch the video because work, but will the designs people submit be public? If so, we must archive and laugh at the dumb ones.
What are the odds we see dead people resurrected and Grimmified?

Tags
None