Salesforce told employees to expense Marc Benioff's book to boost sales - Marc Benioff apes well-known college class scam

Meat Poultry Veg

The staff of life
kiwifarms.net

My input: I haven't really paid attention to why people hate Salesforce as a company (Powerlevel: I use it at work, consider it a buggy piece of crap) but this story makes me see why.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rokko

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I use it too, its like buying a car for the price of a bentley, and getting the interior of a volkswagen golf. And Bernioff is exactly the type of person to do this.
Trailhead is a good thing though (imho).

• Winner
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Irrelevant

kiwifarms.net
Salesforce started spamming me again and when I unsubscribe it says invalid email. To get rid of them you have to block their number and flag their emails as spam. They do this to me every couple of years when I make the mistake of enquiring about a product they own or bought or whatever. It's been like this for at least 10-15 years.

I guess it's in the name but they are the most forceful sales company I've encountered.

Last edited:

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
kiwifarms.net
Salesforce as a CRM is not exclusively terrible. Its major flaw is that is it frequently operated by low-tech middle-manager types, much to the chagrin of the programmer who has to interface with the resulting mess.

On topic: this sounds not quite legal if he's got something to gain by being on a best seller list.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
I use it too, its like buying a car for the price of a bentley, and getting the interior of a volkswagen golf. And Bernioff is exactly the type of person to do this.
Trailhead is a good thing though (imho).
Can’t say it any better. It’s probably the best known CRM but it’s definitely not the best.

• Agree
Reactions: Rokko

Cure Milquetoast

ௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌௌ
kiwifarms.net
I heard Salesforce's offices are unreasonably swanky - their buildings sure are. I bet if any economic bubbles pop, they'll be in line to collapse.

Tags
None