Article Salon Jumps on the Jace Connors Bandwagon, Now With More Absurdity -

Gerion

kiwifarms.net
OK, anyone else impressed by how thoroughly Jan has managed to play these wordy brainiacs? Sure, Jan's story will have the life of a mayfly as the outrage factory moves on to its next target, but he's done such a fantastic job of staying a step ahead since the story of the ruse broke. He's carried this out for how long? Six years, now? And the media still wants to take things he says at face value? Good god.

ChuckSlaughter

You mean I got about 200 bitcoins
kiwifarms.net
But the truth is that Rankowski will never really understand what it’s like to be in “the other person’s shoes,” even if he felt sufficiently scared after being targeted. That’s not how life works. Rankowski got a bad shock. He was likely afraid that his job, or maybe even his personal safety, would be compromised by the people harassing him. But the reality is that the kind of abuse that women, people of color and queer women face online isn’t the same thing as a one-off experience of harassment, no matter how frightening.
That’s because this kind of violence stems from something structural, not incidental. A culture of violence against women and white supremacy isn’t a series of isolated events, it’s a system that devalue women’s lives.
/
Rankowski will never really understand what it’s like......
But the reality is that the kind of abuse that women, people of color and queer women face online isn’t the same thing as a one-off experience of harassment, no matter how frightening.
So let's take this apart it's impossible for Jan to experience consistent discrimination for something he can't help as compared to the groups: "women, people of color and queer women" which reduces to women and not white people (it's interesting they're excluding gay white men). Which is about 66% of the population. So 1/3rd of the country is persistently committing violent online acts against 66% of the population?
Jan is incapable of feeling the online pain of 66% of the country despite the fact he's:
  • Poor
  • Autistic
  • Supposedly gay
  • Doesn't appear to have graduated college
  • Being pursued by both GG and SJWs
  • Has a girl's name and everyone knows Jan is a girls name.
Jan will never understand the pain of reading angsty 13 year olds, and trolls make sandwich and nigger jokes on the internet.
I don't know where I'm going with this but Salon used to be pretty good writing I just seem to remember a day when even most op ed pieces were at least logically consistent from the top of the article to the bottom even when I disagreed.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Jan will never understand the pain of reading angsty 13 year olds, and trolls make sandwich and nigger jokes on the internet.
I don't know where I'm going with this but Salon used to be pretty good writing I just seem to remember a day when even most op ed pieces were at least logically consistent from the top of the article to the bottom even when I disagreed.
This is absolutely abysmal "reporting." In many cases, these "journalists" barely even reworded clickbait garbage from a notoriously shitty "news" source (BuzzFeed) without even attempting to fact check it, relaying claims that were absolutely absurd on their face.

I have written clickbait articles myself, yes, it's embarrassing, but I always at least spend a few minutes fact checking, so occasionally a "did you know X" article has turned into a "did you know X is wrong?"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino