Culture Salon Media in talks for $5M fire sale in last-ditch effort - Salon is going bankrupt

Fate of Salon Media?

• Goes into the trash can of dead digital publications

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • Bought by a bigger company

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Saved/revived by an affluent super-rich person (like George Soros)

Votes: 48 40.7%

• Total voters

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I haven't thought of this in a long time. I thought for sure it was what I quoted word for word. Did they change the title? Wouldn't be the first time. I'll double check. Thanks for the cap, good buddy.
I think you might be thinking of another rag entirely. Possibly Slate? Could have sworn they jumped in on that pedo-apologism craze a bit.

• Informative
Reactions: Poiseon

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
I haven't thought of this in a long time. I thought for sure it was what I quoted word for word. Did they change the title? Wouldn't be the first time. I'll double check. Thanks for the cap, good buddy.
You're not going crazy. Salon deleted Nickerson's articles. He wrote more than one about pedophilia apologism for them.

This forum (I think it's a beauty/gossip forum for black women, lol) shat all over the Salon pedo garbage when it was new:
Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 6.18.04 PM.png

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
I think you might be thinking of another rag entirely. Possibly Slate? Could have sworn they jumped in on that pedo-apologism craze a bit.
Never read rag, but in the post you quoted, (I edited it like half a minute ago) I post the orginal url. It was salon that posted it with the title i quoted, but I mixed up the words 'Vile' witht he word 'Evil' my bad on that.

You're not going crazy. Salon deleted Nickerson's articles. He wrote more than one about pedophilia apologism for them.

This forum (I think it's a beauty/gossip forum for black women, lol) shat all over the Salon pedo garbage when it was new:
View attachment 760426
That's where I found the url lol

Crichax

On Indefinite KF Hiatus
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 760426
The mental image of a fashionista black woman sitting down to watch some anime (as evidenced by the profile pic) will never cease to be amusing.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
kiwifarms.net

Edit: I was right on the wording. Though, I misremembered 'vile' as evil' my bad. I'll fix the original post. Found the url for those interested. With a screencap of the current 404

View attachment 760427
And these stupid fucks wonder why people are flocking to the new right.
Here's the archive.

And here's the first article he made that got him hate from "evil alt-right nazis".

Last edited:

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
Here's the archive.

And here's the first article he made that got him hate from "evil alt-right nazis" according to him.
I am very proud to say that even after several years this horrendous shit still makes me want to punch a wall. Thank you kindly, good sir.
:semperfidelis::semperfidelis::semperfidelis:

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
kiwifarms.net
I am very proud to say that even after several years this horrendous shit still makes me want to punch a wall. Thank you kindly, good sir.
:semperfidelis::semperfidelis::semperfidelis:
Scary part is that he says that the majority of the reception he got was positive. That should tell you a lot about the kind of people that read Salon.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
Liberal media memoryholing their own bullshit is wild. This validates my suspicion that an article critical of prostitution from a woman who was a call girl for several months was memoryholed because it doesn't fit the new liberal narrative that prostitution is all sunshine and rainbows. I'm 99 percent sure that the article was originally run in Salon.

Rolling Stone has also tried to memoryhole its hilarious article about Lana Wachowski.

Even if a publication's opinion about something has changed or if they realized they made a mistake, they fucking own it by leaving the articles up. Fucking cowards.

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
But what will happen to foreignpolicy.com then? Oh who cares, it went subscription-based years ago.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
Even if a publication's opinion about something has changed or if they realized they made a mistake, they fucking own it by leaving the articles up. Fucking cowards.
They could post a retraction at the end, saying that, upon further consideration, renting your pussy is like AirBnB or something.

Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's as good a time as any to post all of my "favorite" Salon headlines, I suppose. No sense letting a grave go un-pissed on, and it'll give anyone who isn't up to speed on the writing quality featured on Salon a better idea as to why they're about to be auctioned off for pennies. ... Assuming anyone bothers to place a bid.
5c2753af074ffe6f5f5f6352143d0484.png062b1bc5df6366e57d0746b652b51d0c.png4346f5412c2138ed3076b0073e1379bb.pngb9a19b210d6159b3b8f8efcfcfc15cf2.pngDHqbzvQUAAAl2Hz.jpgb9a19b210d6159b3b8f8efcfcfc15cf2.pngDHs25VKUMAAlV3Z.jpgDHxEesEXsAA5dLS.jpgDICeOumXUAA-waL.jpgDICgEZDUQAI6TIK.jpgDIVJAhjXcAAnKOm.jpgDJzvKqDX0AAUYVN.jpgDNU-Tt2WAAA5OEr.jpgDOmgLcYXkAAg-LZ.jpgDQy_ZzxW0AE_TND.jpg
DQqQ2C8UQAAEpiI.jpg

Attachments

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's as good a time as any to post all of my "favorite" Salon headlines, I suppose. No sense letting a grave go un-pissed on, and it'll give anyone who isn't up to speed on the writing quality featured on Salon a better idea as to why they're about to be auctioned off for pennies. ... Assuming anyone bothers to place a bid.
Golly gee wiz why wouldn't people want to pay top dollar for this paragon of journalistic integrity?

shartshooter

kiwifarms.net
Many years ago, early 2000's about, when criticizing neocons was a totally legitimate pursuit, Salon published a few decent works of journalism. Before online publishing was subsumed by clickbate, it seemed like it could escape the corporate stranglehold on media and information. We know now it all turned out shitty, but stuff like this would never in a million years have appeared on cnn-

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I always got Salon and Slate confused, but then again, both are pretty shit so it isn't surprising.
If I had the cash I'd buy it and turn it into a right wing outlet just to watch people lose their mind.
Where's Notch when you need him?

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
Liberal media memoryholing their own bullshit is wild. This validates my suspicion that an article critical of prostitution from a woman who was a call girl for several months was memoryholed because it doesn't fit the new liberal narrative that prostitution is all sunshine and rainbows. I'm 99 percent sure that the article was originally run in Salon.

Rolling Stone has also tried to memoryhole its hilarious article about Lana Wachowski.

That is one of my greatest fears with the European article 13 thing. If a site like Salon fucks up and memoryholes an article they have the law on their side to make sure it will be gone and forgotten. People can't post the text on the web after it is taken down and it might not be legal to archive it, screenshots is another form of reproducing their content so nope, that won't be allowed either.
Ideally it will be: "Remember when Salon had that pedophile write articles about how it's not bad to be a pedophile and people should welcome them?" no, that's just an alt-right rumor, there's no proof of them doing that.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino