Salt Mine Essentials - READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwO What's This?

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
~The Rules~

(1) ENTERTAIN:
You have to either include content or make an effort to say something entertaining. As we are needing more in the content department, I highly suggest the former. You can easily get some salt from Twitter, as explained in the next reply of this sticky.

(2) DETACH: You know the idiom, if you didn't laugh, you'd cry? Well, we laugh here, always. If you want to get really opionionated, you better make it funny.

(3) CURATE: Don't just drop a link or copy a text wall, put some effort into it. If you're sharing a tweet, include caps. If you're sharing an article or something similarly long, you must present your curated version; this means you're taking the good parts and putting them on display - the prime cuts. Link the source afterwards. (You're encouraged to use archive.md)

(4) HUSH: We have a rating system if you want to acknowledge a post when you don't have anything to say. So for goodness sake, don't quote someone just for the sake of informing them you agree or whatever. It's just white noise.

(5) REDEEM: If you are threadbanned from any Salt Mine thread, be it for 1 hour or permanently, your next post in Salt Mine has to include salt content that you mined yourself. (Or more if I have to PM you about it.) This is not a punishment. This is molding you into a superior poster!

I'll clean this up a bit later, but here's the gist.

Obviously, if you start a new thread, it has to include salt in the OP. And not just a promise of it.

Your OP must bring people up to speed about the situation, not just assume they know about it already. I encourage you to go a step even further and explain the people and situation in layman's terms.

Try not to 'take sides' in the OP just to get under people's skin. I'm sure you and your friends will get a laugh out of it, but ultimately it's not good for the subforum.

Last edited:

OwO What's This?

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
THE BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO SALT MINING

Need some quick and easy salt? Twitter is THE social media platform for those who enjoy seeing the spergouts of others, and it has a powerful tool you might not know about: the advanced search.

https://twitter.com/search-advanced
upload_2018-2-22_11-35-49.png

It's quite simple, you put in some terms, and most importantly, at the bottom, you use the date selection to make sure that your matches are recent, which helps ensure you get results that relate to current events.

After you've found a post you think would make for good content, dig in just a little, make sure that the post wasn't actually sarcasm or from a parody account (though admittedly it can be hard to tell these days). Be sure to expand it and see if there are any funny replies you can include.

Now comes 'capping' it. If you're on Windows 10, this is very easy. WindowsKey+Shift+D will allow you to drag and drop a box over the screen, and as soon as you release, it's copied to your clipboard. Then you can quite literally paste it into your reply like you're pasting text! #Lifehacks #HolyShit

But I prefer this even more, it's very robust and you can customize it just about any way you want: https://getsharex.com/

Can't wait to see what you dig up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None