Sam Fennah / FailSafe42 - Atheist furry who dropped out of college; sperged to Bionicle fans about God not existing #SAVEBOB

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Unexpected Genitals

Bob Protection Squad member
kiwifarms.net
It's always so frustrating to watch his animations, not just because they're an eyesore, but because under the eyesore there's still hints of talent. He certainly seems to be trying to make his characters expressive and lively, if he could just learn to dial it back a bit, have them move with a little more weight, fix the broken jaws/lips, and stop huffing his own farts he could be really good at this. Maybe.

Meowthkip

Eating lasagna, making money
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like he finished up that "Improved" Animation Video and made it "Proper"

What could have been a good exercise for lip-syncing and emotive movements just ends up being a wobbly mess. And he appears to be showing... restraint, here? Good lord.

I will give him some credit, though, the camera isn't whizzing around so it makes it easier to focus on what's happening.

Big Meaty Claws

What did you say, punk?!
kiwifarms.net
I will give him some credit, though, the camera isn't whizzing around so it makes it easier to focus on what's happening.
I think that kinda makes it worse when now you can focus on the characters and really pick out the flaws when they speak.

It's always so frustrating to watch his animations, not just because they're an eyesore, but because under the eyesore there's still hints of talent. He certainly seems to be trying to make his characters expressive and lively, if he could just learn to dial it back a bit, have them move with a little more weight, fix the broken jaws/lips, and stop huffing his own farts he could be really good at this. Maybe.
Also this, Fennah DOES have talent, but its so misused in the wrong ways and so overstepped that it comes off as frustrating and annoying to see someone with talent just be shoved so up his ass that he turns inside out.

Honestly its the reason I don't like Fennah in the first place. Along with his really obnoxious "Main Character" Lucy Lacemaker.

Stock Photo James

kiwifarms.net
Also this, Fennah DOES have talent, but its so misused in the wrong ways and so overstepped that it comes off as frustrating and annoying to see someone with talent just be shoved so up his ass that he turns inside out.

Honestly its the reason I don't like Fennah in the first place. Along with his really obnoxious "Main Character" Lucy Lacemaker.
I don't think his talent is misused. He's clearly making something he's extremely passionate about, with narrative themes and designs he loves. I can't even complain about his dark whimsical Tim Burton wannabe style that only appeals to edgelords and monsterfucker furries, complaining something lacks in mainstream appeal is stupid when there's so much inoffensive mediocrity already and he does secure himself a loyal niche. I can't even blame his shit style because it's obvious he's not trying to follow the CGI industry standards and just doing the thing he wants for own pleasure.

The problem is that he thinks his writing skills are good, whereas a lot of characters for all their differences are the same brand of edgelord with a different topping, his attempts at black comedy look more like pure sadism because he concentrates on characters lack of morals and gruesomeness of their actions, as if that's inherently funny, instead of trying to ironize or even add proper slapstick humor, Simpsons Itchy & Scratchy scenes are more funny and they're meant to be a parody of cruelty for sake of cruelty in animation. There's no fun in seeing characters murder people for mundane items because it's already established they're total psychos and you can repeat that just so many times. Hell, could be he is just a sadist irl and thus finds cruelty inherently funny, I absolutely wouldn't be surprised. Furthermore, he's completely oblivious to flaws of his own work and thinks both writing and style are merely distinct and unique, oblivious to the fact certain people fawn over wacky monster waifu and other furbat in spite not due to his dialogue, there's just so long you can keep people entertained when things are so repetitive, especially when there's little action and tons of dialogue - and it will become more apparent even to hardcore fans as time goes if nothing changes.

If I had to compare it to an established piece of media I would say this is Borderlands of web animation. There's the same pitfalls of a lot of characters just being a slightly different take on exact same archetype, the comedy gets braindead two hours in as most jokes become the repeat of previous ones, and for all the effort put into defining the characters with unique designs everyone is just too gaudy and elaborate for details to be appreciated individually.

NoFeline

im intersex i have both uwu
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Complaining something lacks in mainstream appeal is stupid when there's so much inoffensive mediocrity already and he does secure himself a loyal niche.
It's less that people are complaining that it lacks mainstream appeal, lord knows kiwis tend towards the niche and obscure, more that people are laughing because he thinks this amateur 3edgy5me fetish-fueled clusterfuck which truly has no mainstream appeal, will topple a mass media entertainment conglomerate with 14 theme parks around the world, and also happens to own Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Blue Sky studios, ABC, FX, ESPN, and most of Nat Geo, among others. It's pathetic.

Stock Photo James

kiwifarms.net
It's less that people are complaining that it lacks mainstream appeal, lord knows kiwis tend towards the niche and obscure, more that people are laughing because he thinks this amateur 3edgy5me fetish-fueled clusterfuck which truly has no mainstream appeal, will topple a mass media entertainment conglomerate with 14 theme parks around the world, and also happens to own Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Blue Sky studios, ABC, FX, ESPN, and most of Nat Geo, among others. It's pathetic.
Yes, but the problem stems from Sam's incredible arrogance, not his stupid passion project.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, but the problem stems from Sam's incredible arrogance, not his stupid passion project.
Why not both? Again, I know people have their passions, but that doesn’t mean that he’s good at his said passion. His storylines are nonexistent and his characters are stale. The animation is just the cherry on top. His animation isn’t too bad for an amateur, but he won’t get professional work unless he improves. The lack of quality in Satellite City mixed with the arrogance about his work is what makes him interesting. If his work was even a little bit better, the arrogance wouldn’t be nearly as funny. For his own sake, I do hope Fennah can improve (provided he gets better at taking criticism), but for the sake of the Farms, I hope he stays the same (because Fennah produces good tard cum).

Pina Colda 88

kiwifarms.net
Wow, it’s been awhile, hasn’t it? Well, I guess I can post some updates then.

Sam finally showed the winners for his raffle and now he’s going to be making models out of them.

4BA79BA5-5AAD-42FE-8D42-7163936BDDAC.jpeg

80275977-BE8D-41C1-82B5-F718BE7C141F.jpeg

FDD19053-A5DC-45E9-B9AD-9D3DA4CF6E0B.jpeg

F8FBEA2D-9C6E-45E3-948F-15160A92A3A0.jpeg

E8E214E2-C880-4CCF-A91B-01E918C5C3EE.jpeg

Sam also asked his fans if they would like his Mary Sue to abuse the squirrel with her politics or 10 second lazy clips of stupid jumpscares. Obviously, the fans chose the life lessons option.

4FFCC6B3-1E36-4B3F-B45D-AAA3BD9C92A2.jpeg

This one made me think. He makes an excuse about his lore site being a wip because he is going to remove some of the content for the sake of his book.

7F6A434E-FD29-4286-BB00-1BF7FD7040E1.jpeg

Here’s a bit of recent lunacy from our boy about Valentine’s Day and… the fucking government?

33764722-124E-4939-86C0-F0B5EAF6D004.jpeg

Barbatos

Mika, get in the fucking robot
kiwifarms.net
One thing that upsets me is how Satellite City is named after this song by his Dad, which is genuinely absolutely fantastic;

Also really like this one, which Sam has also used;

Stock Photo James

kiwifarms.net
One thing that upsets me is how Satellite City is named after this song by his Dad, which is genuinely absolutely fantastic;

Also really like this one, which Sam has also used;

The web series doesn't even have satellites or cities. the name is only used because of father's music. This is like how the Dutch Angel Dragons are only Dutch because the species creator had a horse named Dutchie.

This makes me wonder though, how well off are Fennah's parents for him to have developed such arrogance about himself and his series?

Big Meaty Claws

What did you say, punk?!
kiwifarms.net
The web series doesn't even have satellites or cities. the name is only used because of father's music. This is like how the Dutch Angel Dragons are only Dutch because the species creator had a horse named Dutchie.

This makes me wonder though, how well off are Fennah's parents for him to have developed such arrogance about himself and his series?
Considering how big his Father is with his work, and the fact that he looks, dressed, and lives in a big fucking house, I would say he is very well off, which did wonders for his ego

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Lucy is starting to look more and more like a gremlin. I used to be able to somewhat feel the movement and weight of these creatures. In this video though, it all looks way too light and rubbery.

Also, Lucy throws poor Hyzenthlay for no reason and it's played for laughs. What an endearing character. :roll:

Tags
edgelord gore