Sam Hyde Memorial Thread - I'm not Sam shilling himself on here i swear

swiv

edgelord extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net

For those of you who don't know, Sam Hyde is a youtube internet comedian whose comedy troupe Million Dollar Extreme has a small but devoted following on the site. He also briefly had a show on [adult swim] called Million Dollar Extreme Presents: World Peace. Of course, you can't have a TV show for very long if you parrot alt-right talking points everywhere antagonize media Trump's Chosen People so now Sam is reduced to making Elliot Rodger-style car vlogs that he keeps behind a paywall. Oh and he shills himself on 4chan as well. I really like his style of humor but the trajectory of his career is pretty depressing.

Relevant links:
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MillionDollarExtreme

ED page: https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Million_Dollar_Extreme

MEGA link for MDE's book How to Bomb the US Gov't: https://mega.nz/#!Ygk1nDCb!fwmLO6Tf5VCddu2mELR-azTXojLvqxKAuZUroITL9Cc

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's still making good content, it's just that he is a perfectionist and his high-effort projects invariably get pushed back and delayed in postproduction. For instance, he only released Smocaine 2 last year despite it being basically done more than two years ago, but that's how long it took him to get the editing just right.

Hydewars is just filler content to placate the fans while he spends most of his efforts on his big projects.

Though his new video series is pretty amusing, the one where he hides the easter egg and you can win $500 if you spot it. Not the gimmick, the actual humor part is funny, I mean.

Also it sounds like he's pretty serious about the two video games he is working on, the short term one and the long term project.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think @millais hit it. Sam is well, Sam and playing completely insane when he doesn't have a chance to make or do any short term projects explains Hyde Wars. If anything, it's another great act like when he did all the videos over at his mom's place spoofing those man child videos that were popular at the time of some 26 year old doofus "pranking" their parents. At that time he was living in an apartment and had a full time job.

Sam lets this stuff slip up later if you pay attention, at least leave a paper trail enough.

I miss Kickstarter TV for a ton of reasons. I really think when it comes to almost any real details Sam is playing the Sam he thinks viewers expect or want to see. Coming off as a unhinged "woke" guy after Adult Swim fucked him over, is a perfect ruse/show. I also kinda see it as an underhand mock of people like Joe Rogan.

I assume Sam is very busy and I know he's done a few projects uncredited so perhaps he's doing something "normie" to keep bills paid and wants to keep eyes off that.

I'll always kick myself for missing his TedX talk, my boss at the time saw it and pretty much summed it up with "what the fuck did you tell me to go see Bass?" Either way I hope Sam is alright and we get a return of his characters from old vlogs. With his last Hyde Wars he mentioned a lot of toxic people and splitting up even if you have been through thick and thin. I really hope he's on good terms with Charls and Nick. Nick is a successful antiques dealer, and Charls is more a mystery in reality than Sam. If anything Sam faking being insane is a long time act of Charls.

Schwachkopf

I'm a cat fueled by hopes and dreams.
kiwifarms.net
I can understand why he would put the rest of his recent content behind paywall, dude finally had a chance to grow his brand worldwide on televisions, now it's been ruined by a pathetic buzzfeed one of Trump's Chosen People over political opinions.

Also, didn't he promise to bring World Peace season 2 back at some point once he has enough money to continue the production?

• Feels
Reactions: frozenrunner

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can understand why he would put the rest of his recent content behind paywall, dude finally had a chance to grow his brand worldwide on televisions, now it's been ruined by a pathetic buzzfeed one of Trump's Chosen People over political opinions.

Also, didn't he promise to bring World Peace season 2 back at some point once he has enough money to continue the production?
Something something hide your powerlevel something something

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While he's off making the vlogs and the video game project, the fans are out there in the trenches making World Peace, Season 2

• Winner
Reactions: Bass

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did he hire the non-union, Mexican versions of Nick and Charls?
It look like Nick is back in some of the sketch clips. The one in the video thumbnail on the left is one of Sam's recent creative collaborators. I forget his name but he is a one of Trump's Chosen People with a master's in philosophy who runs an avant-garde literary zine of some online repute. He has been in some of the Hydewars videos where he chats at length with Sam about philosophy and academia.

I don't know where Charls stands right now, maybe someone who watches he streams regularly will know. Last I heard, Sam was offering to pay Charls for future MDE collaboration as additional incentive

• Informative
Reactions: frozenrunner
Tags
None