Sam Hyde

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

WutangLee

Purgatory Kung Fu Snake oil Salesman
kiwifarms.net
Fucking crypto is starting to turn into this digital fedora. And it's all Sam talks about these days.
I get it, he made a alot of money because he got in early. But it doesn't work that way anymore nowadays.

Gambling on what could be the "next big coin" is essentially the same thing venture capitalists have been doing for decades.
So it's shit advice for the average guy, unless you've got ALOT of money to burn.

And that's the other part of the problem. Most people don't buy crypto for the sake of accumulating crypto. As in, to use it as a alternative currency.
They just want to "bUY ThE diP" and exchange that back into established hard currencies to make a quick buck. Which just turns crypto into a simplified stock market.
People that get in early become ponzi pushers easily. "buy the dip", "hodl for life", "you don't have to buy a whole bitcoin", "fiat is dead". The shit gets old fast.

Cat Attack

I'm not at liberty to do math your honor
kiwifarms.net
Most people don't buy crypto for the sake of accumulating crypto. As in, to use it as a alternative currency.
They just want to "bUY ThE diP" and exchange that back into established hard currencies to make a quick buck. Which just turns crypto into a simplified stock market.
Almost the entire crypto market at this point is just glorified pump and dump schemes. The value of most alt coins and nft nonsense is almost entirely based on the hype put into it by early adapters and if they can convince people it's gold by shilling it nonstop that's the difference between losing money and getting rich. That's why people who are heavily invested in crypto often sound like they are in a cult that runs a multilevel marketing scheme.

Nonronic

The joke's on me for not believing.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone remember hearing that Sam once made a joke f-list page as a squirrel? I remember someone saying that that happened years ago and there was a screencap of their character speaking in submissive stutters.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
Almost the entire crypto market at this point is just glorified pump and dump schemes. The value of most alt coins and nft nonsense is almost entirely based on the hype put into it by early adapters and if they can convince people it's gold by shilling it nonstop that's the difference between losing money and getting rich. That's why people who are heavily invested in crypto often sound like they are in a cult that runs a multilevel marketing scheme.
That's all economics is. There is no agreed on way for a stock broker to establish value, and this is plainly laid out in several economics books. There are competing worldviews on this, but the standard one is some sort of game theory cope where you are just betting on whether or not you think a particular surfer will ride a particular wave, or there is the more recent fractal model where people believe you are not even measuring value at all, but volatility. So you are just measuring reactions upon reactions over time; there is no other reliable way to predict the rise or fall of companies. So the fact that people are so critical of crypto for using literally the same logic and model as the global economy is pretty revelaing.

KikeKiller1488

I'm the lord of the nigger cattle harvest
kiwifarms.net
1643394547022.png

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
I have to wonder, is Sam's sudden "notice me Joe Rogan" routine a relatively subtle goof on Ethan Klein? He's been pretty visibly and pretty desperately trying to get Joe Rogan's attention lately.

BeeseChurger

An alien world consisting only of pain
kiwifarms.net
I have to wonder, is Sam's sudden "notice me Joe Rogan" routine a relatively subtle goof on Ethan Klein? He's been pretty visibly and pretty desperately trying to get Joe Rogan's attention lately.
Nah that shit has been going on for years now.
Probably started all the way back in 2015/16, cause you can find bits in World Peace where they poke fun at Rogan.
And then there's this absolute classic where they call him out a bit. Especially at the end after credits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCN-JE80f5Q (must've been filmed right when WP wrapped filming, still one of my Top 10 MDE videos)

And then it morphed into the thing Sam does now. At first I thought it was a desperate attempt to get clout/attention,
but now it might be his way of "trolling" Rogan or he's really that obsessed with him idk.

Spergetti

Unoriginal Lurker
kiwifarms.net
Nah that shit has been going on for years now.
Probably started all the way back in 2015/16, cause you can find bits in World Peace where they poke fun at Rogan.
And then there's this absolute classic where they call him out a bit. Especially at the end after credits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCN-JE80f5Q (must've been filmed right when WP wrapped filming, still one of my Top 10 MDE videos)

And then it morphed into the thing Sam does now. At first I thought it was a desperate attempt to get clout/attention,
but now it might be his way of "trolling" Rogan or he's really that obsessed with him idk.
I think Sam has said on PGL that he pokes fun at Rogan and Jocko because they are guys who put forward advice to their audience of young men who live under circumstances that either make the advice useless or even actively harmful to them. Obviously, I think it's fair to say that Sam is also guilty of this in his own way, so if he feels guilty about that he could be displacing that onto Joe. It might not be as simple as that because Sam also expresses affection for Joe sometimes as well.

Bat Dad

Do not cross the Bat Daaad!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joe Rogan callout video:
Grand total: $23,665 spent on Cameo to instigate Joe.
Archive:
View attachment 2917922
Choked on my coffee as soon as Gary Busey's face popped up. This is a solid effort.
Also, thanks to all the Farmer's who mentioned the Williamsburg street interviews. I had never seen them before, I only saw MDE:WP before this thread (and a few gay podcast clips). Did Williamsburg happen after WP?

Weeb_Killer

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else find it utterly depressing that Edward Furlong only charges $15 per cameo? He's John Connor dagnammit, the sole saviour of the human race. Where did it go so wrong for him?

Hazel Motes

"I can smell the sin on your breath"
kiwifarms.net
Choked on my coffee as soon as Gary Busey's face popped up. This is a solid effort.
Also, thanks to all the Farmer's who mentioned the Williamsburg street interviews. I had never seen them before, I only saw MDE:WP before this thread (and a few gay podcast clips). Did Williamsburg happen after WP?
Before. MDE pretty much ended when the show got cancelled.