Samurai Pizza Cats/Kyatto Ninden Teyandee - Mecha Furries

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The official subs suck dongs and why hasn't any better fansubs come out for this show?

Although I do love the dub, own the whole series on DVD.
I recall an ep or two maybe? At least somebody making a script for a scene where Korn gets called a homo.
There's not a lot of people who can get dumb Japanese puns and pop culture jokes circa the late 80s, much less ones subbing something that already has semi-passable subs and is generally not in high-demand.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aren't most of the complaints of the official subs is that they toned down some of the language or something? It's meant to be a show for kids, they're not going to call someone a faggot in the subs if that's what this is all about.

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
Big Cheese is the Big Gay who calls women hussies and he is a national treasure.
View attachment 1490008
If theres any reason to watch the show, its to see Big Cheese and hear some of the dialogue that the dubbers got away with or some of the gags that'd never work in todays climate. Pizza Cats may as well have been the original abridged series but with less whining about copyright politics.

Incidentally, 4Kids would try a similar approach with One Piece and the anime fanbase despised them for it, even after 4Kids shut down.

Nick Gars

"that" guy
kiwifarms.net
The English dub is a national treasure. SPC was my introduction to anime long before DBZ. Both my parents remember it quite well because it was one of those shows that can keep a kid entertained but the adult having to watch with them can get a good laugh out of. The kind of jokes the English dub got away with really makes me miss the times where people weren't such easily offended pussies because it would of probably been canceled in a couple of episodes these days for being "offensive".

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Incidentally, 4Kids would try a similar approach with One Piece and the anime fanbase despised them for it, even after 4Kids shut down.
Honestly, Saban was just lucky that it found an audience who loved their work and proved to networks there was an audience. They managed to dodge a bullet when their version of Sailor Moon fell through, and 4KIDS marketed the hell out of Pokémon and later Yu-Gi-Oh that they had more eyes on them and got the harsher treatments (even if they deserved it), but Saban was never all that great about their finances and/or was treated poorly by the higher ups, from what I've been able to tell. That's how we got 4KIDS buying the Fox Kids block, although it wasn't all bad since a couple of the launch titles for the Fox Box were TMNT 2003 and Kirby: Right Back At Ya! (which I will defend to the death because Ted Lewis slayed it as King Dedede and Escargoon).

But Samurai Pizza Cats trained Saban for Power Rangers and Digimon (which gets unfairly shit on a lot for being a half-gag dub), and for that, I'm eternally grateful to this oddball of a series. It's sadly true that we'll never get another series and dub of this caliber ever again, and I wish it would be able to be streamed to a wider audience--but at the same time, it's for the best it remains a hidden gem.

Cedric_Eff

Damn property taxes f**k up everything.
kiwifarms.net
By the way, there’s a Doujinshi of Teyandee called “Secret of Pizza Cats”. Many of it’s art ended up being in a memorial collection book, but there’s like majority of the art that’s missing and the missing art are all NSFW stuff.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aren't most of the complaints of the official subs is that they toned down some of the language or something? It's meant to be a show for kids, they're not going to call someone a faggot in the subs if that's what this is all about.
I'm not sure there's many kids buying DVD sets of thirty year old subtitled cartoons.

Tags
None