Culture Sarah Silverman latest in Hollywood to have past social media commentary resurface - Leftist cannibalism is a great spectator sport.

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
Live TV
Sarah Silverman latest in Hollywood to have past social media commentary resurface
By Lisa Respers France, CNN
Updated 9:59 AM EDT, Thu July 26, 2018

Story highlights

• A conservative site wrote about the tweet
  • Silverman responded on Twitter Thursday

(CNN)A tweet Sarah Silverman sent nine years ago, which she says was a joke, has some labeling her a pedophile.

In July 2009, the comedic actress tweeted, "Hey, is it considered molestation if the child makes the first move? I'm gonna need a quick answer on this."

On Wednesday, the conservative publication Townhall posted a story about that tweet with the headline, "Disney Voice Actress and Comedian Sarah Silverman Also Joked About Molesting Children."

The article noted that a Twitter user asked Silverman about the 2009 tweet last year, "Was that supposed to be funny? Cause it wasn't."

"That's ok doll," she responded. "Comedy is subjective. I thought it was a funny/dumb tweet 8 years ago when I posted it."

Silverman responded to the controversy on Thursday.

"Some very odd people R saying I'm a pedo, re: a joke from a time not that long ago when hard absurd jokes by comedians were acknowledged for what they were -- jokes -- not a disengenuous national threat to people fake-clutching their pearls (whilst ranting the country's too PC)," the tweet read.

Silverman is the most recent entertainment industry figure to have past social media posts resurfaced by conservative outlets.

Earlier this week, producer Dan Harmon apologized for a 2009 video in which he simulates having sex with a baby doll.

Related: 'Rick and Morty' co-creator Dan Harmon apologizes for 'distasteful' video

"In 2009, I made a 'pilot' which strove to parody the series "Dexter" and only succeeded in offending," Harmon said in a statement provided to CNN. "I quickly realized the content was way too distasteful and took the video down immediately. Nobody should ever have to see what you saw and for that, I sincerely apologize."

The sketch, created for a website Harmon created called Channel 101, resurfaced on a 4chan thread titled, "Dan Harmon Pedo Exposed."

"If they get to take scalps for someone making racist jokes, we get to take scalps for them making pedophilia jokes," one person commented on 4chan, possibly referencing the controversy surrounding Roseanne Barr that resulted in her ABC series being canceled.

Last week, "Guardians of the Galaxy" director James Gunn was fired from the forthcoming third film in the franchise after tweets resurfaced from several years ago in which he made jokes about pedophilia and molestation.

Related: Chris Pratt and more break silence after James Gunn fired from 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3'

Some celebs have rallied around Gunn, asking Disney to rehire him.

CNN has reached out to Silverman's representative for further comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/entertainment/sarah-silverman-tweet/index.html

Is anyone else enjoying the leftists falling foul of the morality laws they created?

MightyBiteySnake

Ouroboros, BITCH!
kiwifarms.net
OK, the right needs to cut this shit out. They're making the rest of us look like idiots.

That was very clearly a joke.
Digging through 8 years of Sarah Silverman's unfunny Tweets to find something to get fake offended by to own the libs.
Yea but the point in this case is that a man teaching his dog a Nazi salute is basically the same as turning the valve of the gas chamber, so why not knock some people out for old pedo jokes? since that should by the very same logic, be the same as diddling a kid.

Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yea but the point in this case is that a man teaching his dog a Nazi salute is basically the same as turning the valve of the gas chamber, so why not knock some people out for old pedo jokes? since that should by the very same logic, be the same as diddling a kid.
Because we're not supposed to sink to their level. Also, it makes us look just a whiny as them.

I get what you're saying, but this is not de wei.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
Well, this shit was going to happen sooner or later, the whole "sifting through dirty laundry for Nazi evidence" is finally coming back to roost on them but now it's in the guise of Kid Fucker evidence.

I don't agree with stooping down to their levels, but they really did ask for this and all it took was someone like Cernobitch and his posse to answer

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because we're not supposed to sink to their level. Also, it makes us look just a whiny as them.

Nigga they built this machine, its only right that they too be devoured by it

It is the sacred duty of any fair minded individual to hold those who claim moral purity and superiority to the standards they forced on those they hated. Same shit applied with the fundies when it was discoered the televangelists were con artist shitbags bilking millions off poor people or were assfucking rentboys inbetween denouncing homogays as evil.

Let them all burn in the fire they started, while us and the normies chow down on popcorn and watch the show.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

If you're involved enough in this to see it as an "us vs. them" scenario then, by your own words, that's also not "de wai". You can objectively not support either side (because both are dumb as hell) and enjoy both schools of thought taking each other out using the exact same tactics.

FierceBrosnan

Still 100% Daddy, don't ever think otherwise.
True & Honest Fan
Birthday
kiwifarms.net
If you're involved enough in this to see it as an "us vs. them" scenario then, by your own words, that's also not "de wai". You can objectively not support either side (because both are dumb as hell) and enjoy both schools of thought taking each other out using the exact same tactics.
He makes a good point though, a lot of people that are farther on the left but not so far they've gone off the deep end are looking stupid by association with this new moral majority.

Isn't this the same woman that thought that construction/maintenance signs spray-painted on the sidewalk by city workers were swastikas?
I think her response to getting publicly called out on it was something like "I totally knew that you guys it was just a joke!".

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino