• Chutneys
  • Pesto
  • Jams
  • Gravy
  • Curry
  • Guacamole
  • Dessert sauces
  • Condiments
Feel free to post links, photos or screenshots of recipes you have. Also, give food recommendations for the sauces as well if it’s something you think can work beyond what recipe recommends.

Okay, here’s a sauce recipe I like:
42E13FA6-54B0-4A4E-BDB0-DD4C23186597.jpeg6F1E85B4-9291-4E22-ADCA-CCC5B15CD316.jpeg
Here’s the link. This sauce is meant to go with salmon, but I think it can go well with angel hair pasta too.

I also love tomatillo salsa:
E3993311-97E9-4B27-BFD2-1D19B612EB50.jpegF6D31AD5-7318-4BE7-9DBE-F652F93F5C7B.jpeg728E8E8C-60A2-46DB-BFD2-1430DBAC7106.jpeg
Here is the link. I recommend adding a tiny bit of sugar to bring out the flavor as well. This is a favorite of mine and it’s great for parties.

This is a great Thai sauce:
8E7A025C-3E53-4B3A-9C43-53E0C7151BFB.jpegDFF55FD4-E801-4518-8847-C17DAE629FD5.jpeg
Here’s the link. I’m sure this sauce would go well with chilled rice noodles too. It would probably taste good with fish as well. If you want an even quicker meal, skip the veggies and just have the grilled chicken and the sauce.

Anyway, there’s some of my sauce recipes.

The Pink Panther

It eeez what it eeez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I make a good burger sauce.

I take ketchup, mayo, mustard, and a tiny bit of relish, add a spoon of vinegar, lotsa parsley, some salt, and the tiniest hint of sugar, and boom. The most beautiful sauce is created. The Sauce of the Gods.

JambledUpWords

RBG wins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So basically I have a delicious tomato sauce that I like using for pasta (which my Italian grandpa taught me). Buy some cherry tomatoes (or canned ones that have already been mashed) and mash them. Take some diced garlic and onion and gently fry them in some olive oil and then add the mashed cherry tomatoes. Then add balsamico sauce, some red wine of your choosing, salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar to remove the acidic flavour of the tomatoes. Let this sauce simmer for hours before serving it with some parmigiano cheese and the pasta you want.
This is a pasta sauce recipe I want to try sometime. Thanks @Observerer!

Reactions: Observerer

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Giblet gravy: wash your giblets (duck, turkey, chicken, whatever) except the liver (keep this for paté or something) and roughly chop. Fry them in a knob of butter until they've coloured a bit, then add a litre of water, a roughly chopped carrot, a celery stick and an onion, halved (keep the skin on for colour). You can also throw in some bay leaves, a few peppercorns and a few cloves. Boil this pretty hard for an hour, then strain (freeze if not using immediately).
Roast a bird. Once it's resting, separate most of the fat from the juices in the roasting dish. Put your juicy pan on the hob, and add a tablespoon of plain flour: mix that into the juices until it's a paste, then add the stock, slowly, and keep stirring until you have gravy thickened to your liking. Season and serve in a warm gravy boat.

Rokko

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fantastic thread!!! I´ll add more sophisticated sauces later, but for now, I will tell you te receipe for the perfect hot sauce for hot wings.
I know its laughable, but maybe some of you never made it.
Melt lots of butter in a pan (Appr. 2 tablespoons), and add some of the hot sauce you like. I dislike Franks Hot Sauce for that and mostly use sriracha. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Mix with the fried/bbq´d wings.

Yes, its not really something cool, but I just love it and just discovored that "receipe"

Orion Balls

A well placed trap.
kiwifarms.net
Blood Orange Burre Blanc
1/4c white wine vinegar
Juice from one blood orange
2T red onion, minced

1/3c heavy cream
1c unsalted butter e- cold butter! This is important.

TT Salt
TT White Pepper
1/4t Fresh thyme, minced

-Sautee the onion with the vinegar and juice until almost dry, and onion is fragrant
-Add cream, salt and pepper. Heat to boil, and cook down slightly, until it resembles thin pancake batter.
-Slowly incorporate the butter, in small pieces, whisking each piece in, to make sure it is fully emulsified before adding the next piece.
-Add the fresh thyme.

If done correctly, this sauce should hold. If it breaks, add a bit more cream.
Good for salmon.

Last edited:

Dell Conagher

I solve practical problems.
kiwifarms.net
1 tablespoon plus 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
3 tablespoons minced shallots
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 extra-large egg yolks
1 tablespoon (or more TO TASTE) fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon

Bearnaise is the best sauce and i will fight anyone who disagrees.

Tags
None