Scientific Racism -

Joan Nyan

im gay lol xD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was going to post this on the White Nationalist / Stormfront thread but the idea of racial superiority can be applied to any race.

"There is no firm reason to anticipate that the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically separated in their evolution should prove to have evolved identically. Our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason as some universal heritage of humanity will not be enough to make it so." - James Watson, Nobel Laureate

Skin color, height, genetic diseases, and a million other things are different among different races, is there any reason to assume that the average intelligence is the same between every race?

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do not believe that racial differences exist. I am very open to the idea but I have note been presented with the evidence to support them and I lack the desire to seek out such evidence myself. There are many people within the political and academic establishment who would likely try to suppress such evidence if it did exist but that is not a reason to believe that they do exist. By that logic eating beans is cannibalism because the Catholic church tried to suppress that belief in the middle ages since it conflicted with their worldview.

I also think that racial differences in behaviour would be mostly inconsequential to me since it wouldn't change the way I treat anyone with the possible exception of my mating preferences

W

WW 635

kiwifarms.net
There is so much variation between individuals within races and cultures that group comparisons are almost pointless. One is just as likely to find significant differences between individuals of the same race and culture as one is to find significant differences between two individuals from different races and/or cultures.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
I think a lot of it is cultural, Asian culture for example is known for encouraging their children during education more so than most or any other culture.
I think it is mostly cultural. I have heard of no scientific research that says there is a racial difference in intellect.

There ARE racial differences, but these are mostly just adaptations to the climate. Like white people do better in colder weather, black people in hotter weather. This is simply because they acclimidated to their natural habitats. I do not think this causes any superiority because the Earth has a varied climate, so no adaptation to a specific climate is universally good.

Online Violence

kiwifarms.net
Even if I were to accept the Bell Curve IQ sperging about racial differences, it still makes absolutely no sense to cast collective judgements about intelligence.

The spread is close enough that it is practically irrelevent. It always seem to be the dumbest of white people sperging about collective racial intelligence, ironically. They don't seem to understand that if, hypothetically, they land straight on the 100 average IQ mark, that still means there's millions upon millions of black people that are smarter than they are, and millions upon millions of dumber East Asians, Whites and Hispanics.
In any case the Bell Curve is not fixed, as they also love to imply. As others have pointed out, IQ is affected by completely external social factors such as proper nutrition when young, protection from crippling childhood diseases, education, etc (largely things that can affect the young). If IQ range can be changed through mere social factors, then it is clearly not a statistic that demonstrates "inherent", genetic intelligence.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
Even if I were to accept the Bell Curve IQ sperging about racial differences, it still makes absolutely no sense to cast collective judgements about intelligence.

The spread is close enough that it is practically irrelevent. It always seem to be the dumbest of white people sperging about collective racial intelligence, ironically. They don't seem to understand that if, hypothetically, they land straight on the 100 average IQ mark, that still means there's millions upon millions of black people that are smarter than they are, and millions upon millions of dumber East Asians, Whites and Hispanics.
In any case the Bell Curve is not fixed, as they also love to imply. As others have pointed out, IQ is affected by completely external social factors such as proper nutrition when young, protection from crippling childhood diseases, education, etc (largely things that can affect the young). If IQ range can be changed through mere social factors, then it is clearly not a statistic that demonstrates "inherent", genetic intelligence.
With the absolutely horrible state of education in parts of Africa and south America, who honestly expected other results?

Online Violence

kiwifarms.net
If it's scientific it isn't racist and if it's racist it isn't scientific.
I dunno, I suppose I would consider myself a 'eugenics' fan to a certain extent, I just don't think race is the main or even an important factor. As science keeps uncovering the secrets of our biology, especially genetics and neurology, our biggest remaining blanks, I wouldn't be surprised at a Gataca style future, with the rich custom creating a literal genetically 'superior' (from a human, not natural perspective) overlord class ruling over the remaining 'normals'. The transhumanists of today are typically idealistic, thinking this sort of technology is going to be the answer for true equality and justice. I rather cynically think it's going to be like any other technological advancement, available in it's infancy only to the most wealthy, and that this fact is going to create a caste system with even less mobility than today's division between the rich and the poor. That's probably the worst outcome, but hey, not my fault reality sucks.

Pikimon

Exceptionally Overachieving Mexican
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Genetically speaking we're not that diverse as we like to think. We have less genetic variance than dandelions, cockroaches and penguins (genotypes vs phenotypes).

Scientific racism however is a very taboo subject in science itself, there is a lot of fear of appearing to be the second coming of the Tuskegee Experiments.

However for the most part most differences in things such as intelligence, athletic ability, social skills can largely be attributed to things like culture and environment. For example overall Caucasians and Blacks in the west tend to score closer in social skills than Asians and Hispanics who tend to be more collective than individualistic. It's not a result of genetics its mostly environment.

Ntwadumela

That takes care of the cremation..
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be completely frank, people are equal more or less. The reason why their looks vary from one another is mostly due to adaptations for their environment.
The same can be said for various species of animals found in other places. Certain animals found in the desert will have shorter fur and longer ears on average than their counterparts in other biomes and ecosystems. I believe it's mostly for survival.
In the end though, we all function the same way in both body and mind, and we all have the same needs of life like food, water, a place to stay, and safety. Employment can count too.

Ebola

No Cure For Love
kiwifarms.net
Sorry, but races have differences. Even if you were to measure the intelligence of privileged blacks they'd, in general, still be less than that of Asians or whites. This doesn't mean people of specific races can't be geniuses, just that their chances are better if they are Asian. Genetically speaking, we are all more than 99.9% the same. However, that small difference is enough to have big impacts on the brain structure, among other things. If you really think all races are equal, why do Africans get specific cancers and diseases more than any other races? Why do Jews get specific cancers and diseases more than any other races? Why are some groups more prone to mental illness? Another thing to consider: recently, it was discovered that viruses can influence human intelligence. It may be the case that some races are more or less susceptible.

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
The differences between various ethnicities is so small that it can be essentially bred out with less than 3 generations. Our differences are limited to melanin levels and skeletal structure. Both of which are related to selective breeding. Intelligence is not a product of your parents but by a mix of education and luck. That's why two genius parents can have an idiot for a child and two average parents can have a genius.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aren't certain races more prone to specific illnesses than others? Something in my mind is telling me that sickle cell anaemia is more prevalent in other races (can't remember which ones)
Blacks are more likely to be born with sickle cell. It's actually an evolved adaptation to the African environment, since having sickle cell actually lessens the effects of malaria, and in terms of increasing fitness and survivability, resistance to malaria outweighs the downsides of anaemia.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
Blacks are more likely to be born with sickle cell. It's actually an evolved adaptation to the African environment, since having sickle cell actually lessens the effects of malaria, and in terms of increasing fitness and survivability, resistance to malaria outweighs the downsides of anaemia.
This. Also, European and Arabic peoples have less lactose intolerant cases because during the centuries they relied on cow milk, they have adapted to it. So basically not being allergic to milk was a huge nutritional bonus.

Doctor Professor Timon

Horror Cow Professor
kiwifarms.net
Show me one country by black people that is properly managed or isn't in poverty.

Racism is stupid, especially because humans are humans. Eventually we're all going to interbreed and there won't be a single person without a mix of some nationality inside of them. Human genetics are amazing. I am a melting pot of places myself. Hell, I probably have more Indian in me than most white bread people have - my grandmother is a full 50%. The point is, you meet people from all walks of life. White people have white trash sitting on the front porch eating mayonnaise sandwiches. Black people have the didn't do nuffin's. Latinos have, well, as Gabriel Iglesias said, their version of rednecks. The fact is, you can go anywhere in the world and there are shining examples of both human stupidity and human achievement - no matter your color.

Online Violence

kiwifarms.net
Agree with everything except this part: "Eventually we're all going to interbreed and there won't be a single person without a mix of some nationality inside of them". Really? How many countries have you been in aside from the US? Just out of curiosity. The rates of miscegenation even in western countries, with the full weight of relentless media pressure assuring everyone that the whole of the human race is going to funnel into one identical mocha skin tone, are abysmally low. The rates literally anywhere else are not even worth talking about. This seems like nothing more than wishful thinking, based on nothing more than ideological idealism.

Doctor Professor Timon

Horror Cow Professor
kiwifarms.net
Agree with everything except this part: "Eventually we're all going to interbreed and there won't be a single person without a mix of some nationality inside of them". Really? How many countries have you been in aside from the US? Just out of curiosity. The rates of miscegenation even in western countries, with the full weight of relentless media pressure assuring everyone that the whole of the human race is going to funnel into one identical mocha skin tone, are abysmally low. The rates literally anywhere else are not even worth talking about. This seems like nothing more than wishful thinking, based on nothing more than ideological idealism.
I didn't even say a skin-tone. What I'm saying is this. If you're a typical American descended from the Europeans who came here, it's actually very rare that you have pure, 100% DNA of any specific origin. It's rare enough to find 100% pure Native Americans for that matter. My predecessors are from Ireland. Since coming to the United States, they've intermingled with German, African, Native American, French, Cajun, and whatever the hell else you want to call it. Pure races are quickly becoming a lack of a thing.

Good on you, though, thinking I meant skin-tone or a single race. What I'm saying is, eventually, there isn't going to be a single person of absolutely pure descent. Sure, we'll all look different, but mass-scale migration, transportation, and so forth open up more breeding possibilities and allow genetics to spread far and wide. Horny people find a way. First thing explorers ever did was bang the indigenous population.

Tags
None