Scoob! 2020 CGI Scooby Doo reboot - Surprisingly, the cast list actually looks pretty damn cool.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
(Didn't see a thread on this so mods can bitchslap this page if someone beat me to it.)

I'll preface this by saying I absolutely do not have the personality to get excited about new kid's movies, but this popped up and I clicked on it expecting an awful Sonic CGI abomination. Truth is though, it looks pretty god damn good:

Tried to find a press release or something, no luck, so here's the text from the show Wikipedia page:

Scoob! (stylised as SCOOB!) is an upcoming American computer-animated adventure comedy film featuring characters from the Scooby-Doo franchise, produced by the Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.[1][2] The film is directed by Tony Cervone from a screenplay by Kelly Fremon Craig and a story by Matt Lieberman, and stars the voices of Frank Welker (who, as the title character, is the only member of the original cast to reprise his role), Will Forte, Zac Efron, Gina Rodriguez, and Amanda Seyfried as the Scooby gang, with Tracy Morgan, Kiersey Clemons, Ken Jeong, Mark Wahlberg and Jason Isaacs as other classic animated characters. It is a reboot of the Scooby-Doo film series, and is intended to be the first film of a proposed set up for a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe.

Plans for a new Scooby-Doo film began in June 2014, when Warner Bros. announced that they would reboot the Scooby-Doo film series with Randall Green writing a new film. Cervone and Dax Shepard were initially hired to direct the film, with a script written by Shepard and Matt Lieberman. By October 2018, Shepard was no longer a part of the project and was replaced by Kelly Fremon Craig as screenwriter. Much of the cast were hired in March 2019 and production began that same month. Animation services were provided by Reel FX.

Scoob! is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on May 15, 2020.

Check out that cast list:

Jason Issacs as fucking Dick Dastardly? I didn't like Star Trek Discovery but I liked Isaac's performance. He was also glorious in Death of Stalin (2017).

Will Forte is a really weird choice for Shaggy, but I thought he was absolutely hilarious on Moonbeam City.

Looks like its been in production for a really freaking long time. September 2016 was quite awhile ago to start rolling on a movie that's supposed to show up in 2020. The plans on turning this into a cinematic universe are probably terribly optimistic, but I'm gonna be honest and say this looks really cute and enjoyable. I don't have any kids or little cousins so I'm not gonna see it in the theater or anything but I'll probably catch it when it comes out on DVD.

The Last Stand

@Mrs Paul's standing ovation.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How many origin stories for classic cartoons are they going to make? Scooby-Doo had, what, three origin stories during its lifespan?

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
How many origin stories for classic cartoons are they going to make? Scooby-Doo had, what, three origin stories during its lifespan?
Its definitely part of a convoluted plan to launch a cinematic universe (I too die a little more on the inside every time I say that phrase by the way). The casting choices for the actual non-Scooby Doo characters don't actually seem all that bad, but there's no way in hell they're gonna get people to care about something like Blue Falcon or Captain Caveman again.

Two interesting omissions also occur to me: No Josie and the Pussycats, and to my complete and total shock no Jonny Quest. Maybe Jonny Quest is gonna get a more violent reboot aimed at teenagers down the line or something.

Idiotron

Autismus Prime
kiwifarms.net
Made by Atlas Entertainment, a subdivision of Warner Bros, the same people who brought you Suicide Squad and Justice League.

The long production time is probably due to Atlas meddling with the creative process, changing things, adding things, removing things.
This will be a mess.

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
Made by Atlas Entertainment, a subdivision of Warner Bros, the same people who brought you Suicide Squad and Justice League.

The long production time is probably due to Atlas meddling with the creative process, changing things, adding things, removing things.
This will be a mess.
The cinematic universe is going to be a gigantic shitfest I can already tell you that. You think we'll get another Speed Racer that looks like a seizure?

Idiotron

Autismus Prime
kiwifarms.net
The cinematic universe is going to be a gigantic shitfest I can already tell you that. You think we'll get another Speed Racer that looks like a seizure?
I'm not sure, the only good movies they've made were 12 Monkeys and Fallen and that was over 20 years ago.
I don't think their movies, even the bad ones, are as visually obnoxious as Speed Racer.

Also, I just looked at their future releases and they're making a direct sequel to the 1987 Robocop.
Jesus fucking Christ.

TrippinKahlua

No other love compares to that of a father and son
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why is Captain Caveman going to be in this? He was more associated with the Flintstones.

Tags
None